The Daily for Monday Apr 19, 2021

richwmn

47 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Interesting days today.  I am also reminded that I retired from Ma Bell after 30 years on this date in 1995!  Almost retired longer than I actually worked!  Today is also a sad day in American history--the date of the Oklahoma City bombing.  Knowledge of that certainly marred my retirement.

Thank you for reminding me of that horrible day.  As a Social Security employee I think I may have taken that one even harder than 9-11.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, and thank you, all, for the daily cheer!  So happy, Roy, @rafinmd, that you have a good option for surgery that will be less invasive!   And I believe it is @sailingdutchy's birthday on Wednesday,    just 3 days behind his DW!  Next year, at this time, hopefully we will all be sailing together on one of those  dam ships and celebrating at sea!  

I don't mind a little garlic, I am growing about a dozen bulbs, I could not possibly keep up with @superoma and  @sailingdutchy.   My Irish mother-in-law occasionally wore garlic around her neck.  I'm not sure why....

1a515b9c.jpg.5b89ee021f2abc9c716e9e63a029b3c1.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

Thank you so much for the Daily, Rich and thank you for sharing your good news, Roy.

We have sailed the Suez Canal two times, but both were going north to south.  In 2014, our Rotterdam voyage started at 3:00 AM so I really had few pictures in my album.  We were back on Rotterdam in 2016, this time beginning at 10 AM, so my pictures are similar to those already posted. It’s been fun to find the albums and relive the cruises.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon, and thank you, all, for the daily cheer!  So happy, Roy, @rafinmd, that you have a good option for surgery that will be less invasive!   And I believe it is @sailingdutchy's birthday on Wednesday,    just 3 days behind his DW!  Next year, at this time, hopefully we will all be sailing together on one of those  dam ships and celebrating at sea!  

I don't mind a little garlic, I am growing about a dozen bulbs, I could not possibly keep up with @superoma and  @sailingdutchy.   My Irish mother-in-law occasionally wore garlic around her neck.  I'm not sure why....

1a515b9c.jpg.5b89ee021f2abc9c716e9e63a029b3c1.jpg

I have to give all the credit to my dh. I just weed sometimes and cook with the results of the garden

• Like 12

Good afternoon.  Blustery here now but sun is still shining. Wonderful quote from Helen Keller.  Never been thru the Suez canal but would like to.  Thank you for the pictures.

I have had that Washington wine.  Pretty good for a Syrah but I prefer Pinots.  

Kazu...love this post of yours.  How true.  I have been going thru my closet this afternoon deciding what I will eventually get back into or if it even worth the try!!   I am doing better now that I can get outside and walk more.  Also trying to stay away from dessert!  Now that the grandkids are in school, I am not snacking all day with them!!  

Have a great afternoon.  Stay well and safe.  Prayers to those on the prayer list and toast to those on the happy list!  Thanks for all the news.  This is a great read everyday.

53A1575F-F3EE-40E0-BABB-E952FB2BCA95.thumb.jpeg.1d277199a704b5b7fa295bd77aa6f7ed.jpeg

• Like 17

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:
I just got a call from University of Maryland.  While the standard mitral clip surgery is not ideal due to calcification of the valve they have reviewed the details  and decided the mitral clip would have a high probability of helping me.  The operation is less invasive than would have been involved with the test procedures but rather technical.  They would be working from a catheter inserted in my groin and they estimate about 3 hours in surgery.  Under ideal conditions I might be able to go home the next day but more likely a bit longer.

The procedure is tentatively scheduled for 7AM May 14 (A Friday).  We discussed my walking which I was a bit concerned might be over stressing me but he encouraged me to be as aggressive with it as I can.  This morning I walked a trail which I had never expected to be able to walk again and while I walked very slowly I was able to complete it without ever needing to completely stop and catch my breath.  I know there will be blood work and a Covid test before the procedure and likely some other things but so far this is just getting started.

Roy

Prayers for you Roy that all goes well for you.  You remain on my prayer list.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and thanks all!  Wonderful news Roy!  Less invasive means a quicker recovery!  

Our numbers are the worst in Canada so big worries here! 

We saw the first osprey of the season!  He wasn’t sharing!  

31D43980-0AD7-4288-B67B-282EE76206D9.jpeg

5852D1CD-E674-4AD2-950A-CC351F127CF4.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Ontario is struggling. Windsor is not bad and we are actually taking non COVID patients from Toronto. This has been a long struggle and doesn’t look to be ending any time soon. 

I feel for you.  I was born in Ontario but I’ve been here so long I’m accepted as a Maritimer 😉.  My family and many friends are all there and I feel for you all so much and worry.  Stay safe and hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel will finally appear 🙏🏻 🤞 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.jpeg.6e422fda91b926efe99a58be1c9dd666.jpeg
🌺🌴🌺🌴

Just finished!!!! Hope you enjoy. Just alittle cheer. Making later Summer’s drink she Showed! APEROL SPRITZ!

Love to all on a wonderful Monday!

Denise😊

Beautiful!

Maybe it's just me, but seems like the Aperol Spritz got more positive reactions here than any other cocktail so far.  I know they're popular in our house.  Note to self:  Serve at next party 😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Beautiful!

Maybe it's just me, but seems like the Aperol Spritz got more positive reactions here than any other cocktail so far.  I know they're popular in our house.  Note to self:  Serve at next party 😊

🌺🌺🌺

image.thumb.jpeg.c4a963004026726dab56b83e9be8af4b.jpeg

🌺In my pineapple bag we bought 2 Aperol’s !! How sad to get excited about Taking a picture of your cart at Costco!

LOL! Thank you for your comment. 
Denise😊

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Beautiful!

I think you are so right. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.jpeg.6e422fda91b926efe99a58be1c9dd666.jpeg
🌺🌴🌺🌴

Just finished!!!! Hope you enjoy. Just alittle cheer. Making later Summer’s drink she Showed! APEROL SPRITZ!

Love to all on a wonderful Monday!

Denise😊

What a beautiful painting; you have such an enviable talent!

I'm toasting to your talent with my own Aperol Spritz as we speak.  *Clink*  Cheers!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My Irish mother-in-law occasionally wore garlic around her neck.  I'm not sure why....

Perhaps her mother had used it during the Spanish Flu pandemic.  (Probably works better than bleach 😉)

reference to the use of garlic as an amulet during the influenza epidemic in 1918. "During the great epidemic of influenza, people carried garlic round with them as it was considered very good for keeping the 'flu away"

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Good evening.

I'm really late today. Errands in the AM and trying to take advantage of the weather and do some yard work. I finally had to stop as my back was killing me. Not sure what's going on with that.

Good days. I went to school in Boston and the Marathon (on Patriot's Day) went by my apartment. Growing up we didn't have a dryer and hung clothes out on the line.

I like the quote.

I'm not a cornish hen fan. I'll take Roy's meal. I like the drinks.

I've never been to Suez or the canal.

@rafinmd Glad you have a plan. We'll be praying for it's success. Good going on the walk!

@DeeniEncinitas Beautiful painting!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your masks.

We've had 3 foggy mornings here the past few days (pic below).

FoggyPghReubenCampos.jpg.548fcb20275b64a8af0ed1fd9a5af937.jpg

• Like 20

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:
I just got a call from University of Maryland.  While the standard mitral clip surgery is not ideal due to calcification of the valve they have reviewed the details  and decided the mitral clip would have a high probability of helping me.  .

The procedure is tentatively scheduled for 7AM May 14 (A Friday).  

That you for updating us and Hurrah, this is apparently Great News. Be assured that I am keeping you in my prayers for a full and uneventful recovery.

Jane

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Perhaps her mother had used it during the Spanish Flu pandemic.  (Probably works better than bleach 😉)

reference to the use of garlic as an amulet during the influenza epidemic in 1918. "During the great epidemic of influenza, people carried garlic round with them as it was considered very good for keeping the 'flu away"

Must be!  Either that or she was scared of the vampires...  😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I feel for you.  I was born in Ontario but I’ve been here so long I’m accepted as a Maritimer 😉.  My family and many friends are all there and I feel for you all so much and worry.  Stay safe and hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel will finally appear 🙏🏻 🤞 

I just hope that light isn’t an oncoming train! We have all been so careful. I start 16 days of radiation tomorrow. My COVID test came back negative and we are working to keep it like that. Our family is being very careful but not everyone around us is.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Lots of garlic used in this house.  Growing it for the first time this year.

Roy - glad to hear you have a procedure and a date.  As dfish said, the waiting can be the worst part.

• Like 6