Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

1 hour ago, waltd said:

i don't think i would want to be one of the employees at the pier checking people in.   Will I be the only one showing up and handing over information to them and saying here you go figure it out?   Hopefully by December things will be better.   

LOL - that's our plan in Seattle, in August, unless this mess actually gets fixed!!

• Haha 1

Well, here it is Sunday, day before "NEW" roll out.  And I can't sign in to the MedallionClass App, again.  Could before.  Not today.  Hello?????  Even tried with my booking number.  

Oh well, Maybe tomorrow.  

Edit:  Oh, there's an update.  Oh, no...that isn't working either.  They need a parent consent.  HUH???

I was able to enter using booking number.  I'm so confused.

Bonus:  I was able to select dining time.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Have to think out of the box.  Maybe the travel summary.  A luggage tag - IDK, anything that indicates the cruise.  You don't really need the BP at all.

I don't know that thinking out of the box matters in this situation but who knows what will actually happen when we present ourselves at the port.  Here's the screenshot of the page I was referring too (and I think they are modifying the luggage tags because the ones I printed earlier this week still had the $15 corkage as did the boarding pass before it was nixed):

image.thumb.png.2016ed356ac1718977f6cc427092dab9.png

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Have to think out of the box.  Maybe the travel summary.  A luggage tag - IDK, anything that indicates the cruise.  You don't really need the BP at all.

That depends what the people guarding the door have been instructed to look for. They may reject a number of things we think prove we are on the cruise.

The crack MC team is trying to incorporate EVERYTHING into yhe app ... wonder what they'll brainstorm for luggage tags.  I mean, no reason for that to be the only thing needing printing.

Surely they can engineer the app for at-pier printing and self-tagging before handing bags over to the longshoremen (like at the airport) ... unless robotics will replace the longshoremen. Would we need to tip those robots?

Truly contactless operation.

My MedallionClass is back with automatic sign in, now.

My Dine My Way times booked yesterday still listed.

Can not book FREE specialty dining without paying.

Travel companions (5 cabins) for Dec 2022, already listed, we’re not listed yesterday.

Not able to change emergency contact number.

I am Elite, can not book Dine My Way for Sept and Dec 2022, not paid in full yet.

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

No need to apologize but I appreciate your efforts!  Both the website and app log ins are down.  I can only hope that they are taking this time to fix the problems. 

The app is back up again, so here's where the passage contract and Covid-19 Risk acceptance are (assuming you have not found it already):

OceanReady Profile

Travel Checklist

Personal Information and Documents

It should be the second item under PI&D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I don't know that thinking out of the box matters in this situation but who knows what will actually happen when we present ourselves at the port.  Here's the screenshot of the page I was referring too (and I think they are modifying the luggage tags because the ones I printed earlier this week still had the $15 corkage as did the boarding pass before it was nixed):

image.thumb.png.2016ed356ac1718977f6cc427092dab9.png

Yes, as I indicated, print off the cruise booking info if you want, but you don't really need anything other than passport.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

That depends what the people guarding the door have been instructed to look for. They may reject a number of things we think prove we are on the cruise.

I think you are sometimes too overly cautious and negative on things.  Last time we cruised (NOV 19, not long before shutdown), the entrance at Pier 2 was no problem.  Even if someone went through security screening, they aren't getting on the ship without a valid booking.  They have to be able to accommodate those without a smartphone.  Even some who do have one will inevitably be cases like a phone died, they dropped it, they lost it, etc.  The contrarian situation isn't always a no-go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think you are sometimes too overly cautious and negative on things.  Last time we cruised (NOV 19, not long before shutdown), the entrance at Pier 2 was no problem. 

Last time we checked in at Pier 2 at FLL they asked before we could enter the building to see our boarding passes and passports and made sure the names on the passports agreed with the names on the boarding passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Last time we checked in at Pier 2 at FLL they asked before we could enter the building to see our boarding passes and passports and made sure the names on the passports agreed with the names on the boarding passes.

Same here. Couldn't even get into the building otherwise but it was in San Pedro.

• Like 1

Tried the app again and part of it is now working. I wonder about some of the questions though. If I'm sailing out of Vancouver and driving there it's difficult to know exactly when I would arrive so it's difficult to choose a boarding time. Dining preferences are "slow", "leisurely", or "fast". What's the difference between the first two choices? I would think that "leisurely" dining would be slow. Should "slow" be changed to "glacial"? Doesn't the preferred dining speed depend on your schedule that day?

It only showed me for my travel party. I tried to add my wife - which is, of course the same dang booking number, but it said, "Booking number not found". I entered it again but this time did it all lower case. Presto! It found the booking number (like I said, it's the same dang number as mine) and it added her. Wow. That's "nifty" programming right there. Can't find it in uppercase (which is how they list it on documents and on the web site) but found it right away in lower case. I have to wonder why my wife wasn't already included as part of my party since it's a single booking.

Other stuff isn't working at all. Some of it just seems to be "trying" to load and some of it gives me a white screen with no option to go back. Eventually I just dragged the dang thing off of my screen to close it.

I would grade it at a D minus or F.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Same here. Couldn't even get into the building otherwise but it was in San Pedro.

Yes, I hear you guys, but they are going to have to come with some sort of off-ramp for folks without the necessary phones or tablets.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I entered it again but this time did it all lower case. Presto! It found the booking number (like I said, it's the same dang number as mine) and it added her. Wow. That's "nifty" programming right there

I must try that - but I don't even have the app anymore as I deleted it and cannot find it in the Play Store.  What next?

Princess is sinking her ships with these IT inadequacies. Other cruise lines (RCI) have a great app and online experience. Princess- GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

I just tried to log on AGAIN, entered the booking number (which they have not been able to find as of yet) in lower case and almost got in --- the next screen said that the servers were having problems and to try again.

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I hear you guys, but they are going to have to come with some sort of off-ramp for folks without the necessary phones or tablets.

In pre-Covid days, you had the option of doing all of that at the check in counter.  Maybe that option will still be available.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I must try that - but I don't even have the app anymore as I deleted it and cannot find it in the Play Store.  What next?

I just went into the Play Store and you are right, no app.  Do you think Princess pulled it because they want us to wait until new revision is available?  I still have my app on my Android and tried to log in using lower case like Thrak did and I was able to get in for a bit but like I said above, couldn't go too far without getting a message.  I also just tried to log onto my Princess Personalizer and that stated that that Princess was experiencing difficulties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I just tried to log on AGAIN, entered the booking number (which they have not been able to find as of yet) in lower case and almost got in --- the next screen said that the servers were having problems and to try again.

Same thing happened to me.  I think I am going to pack this away for a couple of months.  All that I have been able to do, is now erased.  I was exuberant earlier today when I could book my dining times.  Now, I'm locked out again.  This is beyond frustrating.  Good thing I'm not cruising in the next month or two.  

Princess wins.  I quit.  I sure hope this is resolved soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Same thing happened to me.  I think I am going to pack this away for a couple of months.  All that I have been able to do, is now erased.  I was exuberant earlier today when I could book my dining times.  Now, I'm locked out again.  This is beyond frustrating.  Good thing I'm not cruising in the next month or two.  

Princess wins.  I quit.  I sure hope this is resolved soon.

We cruise in August so I would like to get this settled ASAP.  I will try again tomorrow.

5 hours ago, joepeka said:

The app is back up again, so here's where the passage contract and Covid-19 Risk acceptance are (assuming you have not found it already):

OceanReady Profile

Travel Checklist

Thank you.  I know I went through there when I could get in and didn't see it.  Now I can't even access anything.  It's logged me out and I can't get back in.  Hoping that tomorrow brings a miracle!

5 hours ago, joepeka said:

OceanReady Profile

Travel Checklist

Thanks…unfortunately the app is no longer auto-logging for me but it did accept my email. Earlier today when adding my password the wheel only spun but now it does nothing & thus I’m unable to sign-in again.

Guess I’ll have to try again on another day. 🥴

• Like 1

I was thinking about this issue this evening.

As much as this is such a pain for us because we want to plan everything now that we have a cruise scheduled in 4 years from now (or in the case of my family group of 6 vaccinated adults and 2 under 12yr olds, 63 days from now). I can only imagine how insanely stressed the managers, captains, VPs must be over the problems with the app and the website.

They have to get this app to work fully and do so very quickly. There is only 49 days until the first Alaskan cruise! Plus, they have no idea what the CDC may require next. 

Edited by Cool_Dude

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you.  I know I went through there when I could get in and didn't see it.  Now I can't even access anything.  It's logged me out and I can't get back in.  Hoping that tomorrow brings a miracle!

After the update I was logged out too and now I cannot sign in. I can’t believe this wasn’t worked on while everything was shut down.  Bummer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We cruise in August so I would like to get this settled ASAP.  I will try again tomorrow.

Same here. We are sailing in September and my app still shows the Emerald that is not sailing rather than the Majestic that is. I'm trying to be understanding with this, but am also losing patience. I watched the entire TA webinar yesterday and understand that tutorials regarding the app will be forthcoming. Hopefully the app updates and tutorials will take place quickly enough to be beneficial for the Alaska sailings. I haven't been able to get into the app or website (even by booking number) today.