Carnival Cruise Line Announces New Red, White and Blue Hull Design Across Fleet

I really like the way this looks, very distinctive- it seems like just the scheme going forward though, right? I imagine the older ships at best will have to wait for some distant drydock to receive the paint if at all. Still, it does look good. 

On 5/5/2021 at 2:22 PM, Stick93 said:

Cover up the rust - hope they buy the good paint this time!

Rust be gone.

For real though, I’m a fan of this color scheme and hull artwork. It’s needed as Carnival is getting ready to take its next step in redefining its experience. 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

Here's a rough drydock schedule for the fleet:

Breeze - should be April 2022 (last April 2017)

Conquest - TBD (was scheduled for 9/25-10/11/20)

Dream - should be February 2022 (last February 2017)

Ecstasy - October 2022 (last October 2019)

Elation - should be March 2023 (last March 2020)

Freedom - should be 2022 (last 2019)

Glory - should be February 2022 (last February 2017)

Horizon - April 2023 (will be first drydock)

Liberty - 9/17/21-10/21-21 (last in 2016)

Mardi Gras - TBD 2025 (first drydock), already has new livery

Magic - ongoing, receiving new livery

Miracle - should be February 2023 (last was 2/14-3/4/20)

Panorama - Late 2024 (first drydock)

Paradise - TBD 2021 (last drydocked 2018)

Pride - should be February 2022 (last February 2019)

Radiance - ongoing, unsure about new livery

Sensation - should be January 2023 (last January 2020)

Splendor - should be 2024 (last was late 2019)

Spirit - TBD 2021 (last 2018)

Sunshine - 10/11/21 - 11/17/21 (last 2018)

Sunrise - should be March/April 2022 (last was March/April 2019)

Valor - TBD 2021 (last 2016)

Vista - 2021 or 2024 (depending on scope of work performed in 2019 emergency drydock)

So it's possible Conquest, Liberty, Magic, Mardi Gras, Paradise, Radiance, Sunshine, Valor, and Vista could all have the new look this year. I figured Vista is probably the most doubtful of those, as there's nothing about a drydock this year on GoCCL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tidecat said:

Glory - should be February 2022 (last February 2017)

According to this, the Glory will be entering dry dock in June and will be the second ship to get the new look. They will certainly be putting more ships in dry docks this year prior to sailing again. 

And I would definitely bet on the Radiance getting the new look. Only thing to wonder about is when it exits its ongoing purgatory lol.

• Like 1

Well, since cruising isn't going to get started for a long while, they might as well start hauling in the ships and getting them painted now. Maybe by the time the CDC wakes up, they'll have all their ships painted. 

• Like 1

A very slick look! The all-white is not very visually appealing. This is actually a smarter marketing move than it may initially appear. People love to take pictures with their cruise ship. The current design doesn't grab anyone's attention.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 12:35 PM, snoozecrooze said:

This could just be me but I really hope it ushers in a new era for Carnival fonts and branding. I dig this move. The Mardi Gras font is great and has some identity to it, while the Arial-adjacent labels on the current ships is very bland.

Well, bumping this thread to just point out how Carnival is not embracing the new Mardi Gras-style font for Magic and likely, the rest of its ships going forward. IMO a big shame for not allowing the ships to stand out better as their own unique Carnival entity. 

Here Magic is in her final painting stages:

image.png.67ff192d8351d6ebb3922e5725d4f24e.png

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPROqMwB3Wk/

Edited by snoozecrooze

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Well, bumping this thread to just point out how Carnival is not embracing the new Mardi Gras-style font for Magic and likely, the rest of its ships going forward. IMO a big shame for not allowing the ships to stand out better as their own unique Carnival entity. 

Not sure I understand - looks good to me.  🙂

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

looks good to me

And you're right here, because she looks good; I'm not criticizing the overall livery at all. What I mean by "Mardi Gras font" is as the following:

Carnival just announced details on its groundbreaking new ship in the most  unlikely of ways | Blogs

There's nothing distinctive about the branding of "CARNIVAL MAGIC" here. It's very stale. 

And I know most people here are not typophiles so I can understand some others are like meh lol

Magic's lettering would stand out more if it had more space from the riband.

The issue for Carnival Magic and Carnival Dream is that there may not have been a way to avoid making it look like the nameplates for their Disney counterparts.

8 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

I agree 100%. Missed branding opportunity for them. Looks like Carnival Celebration has the new (retro) font as well. 

I was in the Navy for a couple of years so I know all about ship rust.  To make it go away, you just paint over it and then you get the color Taupe.  It's kinda like gray but has pink, mauve and a bit of the color stardust.  Then that fades away and you paint again and again and again.  Good luck Carnival!

10 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

And you're right here, because she looks good; I'm not criticizing the overall livery at all. What I mean by "Mardi Gras font" is as the following:

Carnival just announced details on its groundbreaking new ship in the most  unlikely of ways | Blogs

There's nothing distinctive about the branding of "CARNIVAL MAGIC" here. It's very stale. 

And I know most people here are not typophiles so I can understand some others are like meh lol

Gotcha - I must have (speed) read over the "font" part !! 

Tom

I'm a bit shocked to see they're repainting those remaining old ugly Fantasy Class ships (Sensation, Elation, etc) with the new livery.   Its like putting lipstick on a pig.

The rest of Carnival's attractive fleet will look great in the new look, though.