Parents Rejoice: children ARE allowed to cruise out of the US this summer!

24 minutes ago, Foosguy said:

Has RCCL made any statements about how they plan to handle these scenarios?

1) Family with adults vaccinated and kids not show up to debarkation and atleast 1 kid tests positive? Full refund or would RCI cruise insurance apply?

2) Family with adults & kids vaccinated show up to debarkation port, does anyone need to take a test at the port?

Also isn't anyone concerned that with the 100% of vaccinated adults not being tested and the possible 5% of kids on each ship, it is *possible* anyone on that ship could get COVID-19 and therefor not be able to travel home post cruise?  Or did I miss a communication and maybe airlines/countries are not 'testing' vaccinated international passengers?

Kyle

1. Full refund

2. antigen test at pier

information above us for sailings from non US ports.  Information regarding US ports has not been released but should be similar. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Do you realize this video was posted a week ago, before the return protocols were published?  Even this source is now saying it's a near impossible task, as it is written.

You just can't can you....comical.  

Well Here's somthing from TODAY!

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/cdc-issues-new-guidelines-for-cruises-with-test-voyages

Note the article says: The guidance does note, however, that if  98% of crew members are fully vaccinated, and 95% of passengers are vaccinated, cruise companies do not need to conduct a test sail. 

And "The announcement follows the agency targeting mid-July for when the cruise industry will be able to get up and running again following an industry-wide closure amid the coronavirus pandemic." 

Where I come from that is permission to cruise by July 15 if conditions are met.  Nowhere have I seen anyone from RCCL say they cannot do that...even the Travel Agents met with RCCL officials  couple days ago and were told they are very optimistic they can comply and for this very thread, she was quoted.  Maybe you should re-read the op's post. 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Well Here's somthing from TODAY!

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/cdc-issues-new-guidelines-for-cruises-with-test-voyages

Note the article says: The guidance does note, however, that if  98% of crew members are fully vaccinated, and 95% of passengers are vaccinated, cruise companies do not need to conduct a test sail. 

And "The announcement follows the agency targeting mid-July for when the cruise industry will be able to get up and running again following an industry-wide closure amid the coronavirus pandemic." 

Where I come from that is permission to cruise by July 15 if conditions are met.  Nowhere have I seen anyone from RCCL say they cannot do that...even the Travel Agents met with RCCL officials  couple days ago and were told they are very optimistic they can comply and for this very thread, she was quoted.  Maybe you should re-read the op's post. 

Again, an article with one week old information, and no details of the restricted sailing mandates to be followed. 
No mention of the quarantine facilities that need to be procured in port cities for positive cases. No mention of the the system

that needs to be submitted for inspection by the CDC to transport positive test cases. 
I feel we have all become all consumed with “on board” protocols, and vaccines VS no vaccines, we have lost sight of some very big issues that are extremely difficult if not nearly impossible to achieve. 

We haven’t even discussed getting crew to the ships. 

• Like 4

On 5/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, BecciBoo said:

In Texas.....100's  Cruises are very big with Quincinerias. A latino family might take 30 or 40 kids on a cruise to celebrate their daughter's 16th Bday.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, ownedbypets said:

Same for south FL ports/

Quince groups are the worst😉

Main reason we avoided Royal for 6 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Again, an article with one week old information, and no details of the restricted sailing mandates to be followed. 
No mention of the quarantine facilities that need to be procured in port cities for positive cases. No mention of the the system

that needs to be submitted for inspection by the CDC to transport positive test cases. 
I feel we have all become all consumed with “on board” protocols, and vaccines VS no vaccines, we have lost sight of some very big issues that are extremely difficult if not nearly impossible to achieve. 

We haven’t even discussed getting crew to the ships. 

That's because the vaccine option is only relevant to test cruises, not any of the rest of the CSO, which has been plenty criticized by the cruise lines.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:56 AM, Heymarco said:

Was wondering that too. We are currently booked on a TA that leaves Oct 31 and arrives in FL mid Nov. At the very least, need clarification if that would be allowed to arrive if the restrictions aren’t extended. My guess is 40% chance of going at this point.

Does that apply to NCL as well?

36 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Afraid so, CDC has restricted any US sailing longer than 7 days leaving before Oct 31, 2021 at this time.

Your Voyager of the seas sailing in 2022 may not happen or might be changed you know. From next week I believe all Russian staff members at the U.S embassy are fired  so no tourist visas to USA will be processed for a long time apparently. So a defacto travel ban is in place and that could be for some time. They may not allow Americans in in response even on a cruise ship. You should check with Royal real carefully.

Edited by ace2542

38 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Your Voyager of the seas sailing in 2022 may not happen or might be changed you know. From next week I believe all Russian staff members at the U.S embassy are fired  so no tourist visas to USA will be processed for a long time apparently. So a defacto travel ban is in place and that could be for some time. They may not allow Americans in in response even on a cruise ship. You should check with Royal real carefully.

Yet again you post information that couldn’t be further from the truth.

International Cruise Ship/Ferry Passengers: You are permitted to visit Russian ports without a visa for a period of up to 72 hours. You may go ashore without a visa during port calls, but only if you are with an organized tour and accompanied at all times by a tour operator who has been duly licensed by Russian authorities. Cruise ship and ferry lines offer shore tours that meet these requirements. If you want to do sightseeing on your own, you must have a visa.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

International Cruise Ship/Ferry Passengers: You are permitted to visit Russian ports without a visa for a period of up to 72 hours. You may go ashore without a visa during port calls, but only if you are with an organized tour and accompanied at all times by a tour operator who has been duly licensed by Russian authorities. Cruise ship and ferry lines offer shore tours that meet these requirements. If you want to do sightseeing on your own, you must have a visa.

Yep - we did a 2 day tour with a private company in St Petersburg and we never applied for a visa - they took care of all details.  We also took a ship's sponsored excursion in the evening and again, never had to have any special paperwork or a visa.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That's because the vaccine option is only relevant to test cruises, not any of the rest of the CSO, which has been plenty criticized by the cruise lines.

Smokey:  I'm done with that discussion, negative people are always negative...already on my list so I can't hear him...Thanks

I do not understand the idea of "medical exemptions" for not taking the vaccine. I realize some may have medical reasons for not being able to take the vaccine, but I do not believe that exemption would allow one to get on a cruise ship if a vaccine was a requirement of boarding. In other words....just because one cannot be vaccinated, is no reason to allow that person to go anywhere that is vaccine required. This is not an ADA issue, it is a public health issue.

Doug

• Like 3

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

The vaccine is only relevant to "test cruises"?

The vaccine option.

If a cruise line opts for the 95% option, bypassing the need for test cruises, they're still bound by the rest of the CSO for the revenue cruises, including the "put your mask on in between bites" at dinner rule.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what is written on the embassy site.  But from what I am reading they are not processing any visas for Russians who are not travelling for diplomatic purposes because all the back room staff who do the actual processing are all Russian and have had their employment terminated by their government order. If that is the case and Russians cannot travel surely Americans may not be able to either? So they may cancel that 72 hour provision for Americans or they may not? They are also offering very limited services to Americans almost none existent services to Americans.

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what is written on the embassy site.  But from what I am reading they are not processing any visas for Russians who are not travelling for diplomatic purposes because all the back room staff who do the actual processing are all Russian and have had their employment terminated by their government order. If that is the case and Russians cannot travel surely Americans may not be able to either? So they may cancel that 72 hour provision for Americans or they may not?

Visas have nothing to do with cruise ship passenger entry requirements. 

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The vaccine option.

If a cruise line opts for the 95% option, bypassing the need for test cruises, they're still bound by the rest of the CSO for the revenue cruises, including the "put your mask on in between bites" at dinner rule.

Right, that was my statement above with Ms Boo; I must have misinterpreted your response.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But that could change if Putin says so yes? Even though it is Putin executive decision in firing these staff members or prohibiting them from working at the Embassy either way that has caused this problem. The Russian travellers are the ones who will suffer for it if I understand correctly not the Americans. And the Russians can't cruise into the USA for 72 hours with a ship visa can they? So Putin might be of the thinking if we can't do it why should they be allowed to?

Edited by ace2542

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How many times a year can a person enter on that 72 hour visa?. Could Mario do a 6 month stint on that run to pick on him or would he wear out his welcome with that ship visa at some point?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The vaccine option.

Which makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

If you have 95% of people vaccinated and 6 feet apart outside, then since the CDC says vaccinated people can be outside and not wear a mask, then why are they demanding people wear masks outside?

It just beggars belief. They're literally requiring guidelines on a ship that contradict the ones on land.

This has gotten to be Monty Python-esque farcical. There's no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

13 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

If you have 95% of people vaccinated and 6 feet apart outside, then since the CDC says vaccinated people can be outside and not wear a mask, then why are they demanding people wear masks outside?

It just beggars belief. They're literally requiring guidelines on a ship that contradict the ones on land.

Maybe because the possibility of a new Covid variant being created on a cruise ship if infected passengers from different parts of the country or even world where to mingle? Would such a mingling create a new variant which could then be spread around the ship and the USA?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Maybe because the possibility of a new Covid variant being created on a cruise ship if infected passengers from different parts of the country or even world where to mingle? Would such a mingling create a new variant which could then be spread around the ship and the USA?

Are you serious? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you serious? 

Maybe? I am not a virus expert am I? But I can imagine the possibility of more than 1 variant being present on a ship at the same time. Surely they could mix and mutate into something new?

• Haha 1