Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

3 minutes ago, compozer said:

What happens if you do not want to use your phone while on a cruise?

They’ve said that you can do onboard things on the cabin TV and displays around the ship.

However currently all of the pre-cruise things must be done using a MC app on a smart device (phone or tablet). Hopefully they’ll create a standard workaround for passengers without these devices. Their recent recommendation to call to seek a solution depends too much upon having a knowledgeable rep to accomplish that workaround.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

They’ve said that you can do onboard things on the cabin TV and displays around the ship.

However currently all of the pre-cruise things must be done using a MC app on a smart device (phone or tablet). Hopefully they’ll create a standard workaround for passengers without these devices. Their recent recommendation to call to seek a solution depends too much upon having a knowledgeable rep to accomplish that workaround.

That is true as is your comment about pre-cruise requirements. Their best advice now (and has been for weeks) is to find a family member, friend, someone on the street, etc. with a smart phone to help you get through all required pre-cruise items. Not a solution. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joepeka said:

You probably heard or know this already, but a "coming soon" feature (per the last TA webinar) is the "vaccination attestation" process wherein you attest/certify you are vaccinated AND will be required to show proof at the cruise terminal. Right now, they are guessing the proof is the CDC card showing inoculation info and for now, it's just the Alaska cruises (which I think you're on, right?). Just curious, did you request the official vaccination records from AZDHS? That would probably be better than the CDC cards, I would think. 

Yes, I had heard that and the fact that we don't have a CDC card for my DH has been a concern (to me at least - but I'm the planner in the family LOL).  I am trying to be prepared since we don't know what Princess will ask for and when they will ask.  And yes, it is Alaska.  We also put in a request to ASIIS (I think you had pointed that out a couple of weeks ago - thanks again) but based on my call today it seems like we might be a little early.  In any event I feel a lot better that we should have documentation aplenty for my DH.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, compozer said:

Does anyone know about club class tables?   Do you have to reserve those also?   And what about suites, I thought they  could get a speciatly reservation almost any night.

Club Class is immediate seating so no need to make reservations.  As for suites and specialty restaurants, you can pre-reserve those or do so on the ship.  They had said that you can pre-reserve specialty dining received as part of an offer but it will be interesting to see if that' includes the first night suite perk.

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, I had heard that and the fact that we don't have a CDC card for my DH has been a concern (to me at least - but I'm the planner in the family LOL).  I am trying to be prepared since we don't know what Princess will ask for and when they will ask.  And yes, it is Alaska.  We also put in a request to ASIIS (I think you had pointed that out a couple of weeks ago - thanks again) but based on my call today it seems like we might be a little early.  In any event I feel a lot better that we should have documentation aplenty for my DH.

Excellent! Also, I will be waiting to read your impressions of Majestic - we're doing a CA Coastal on it next April..... pandemic willing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

Excellent! Also, I will be waiting to read your impressions of Majestic - we're doing a CA Coastal on it next April..... pandemic willing!

It will be our second cruise on the ship so we are somewhat familiar.  What I'm looking forward to seeing is how much the venues have changed for the North American market.

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

It will be our second cruise on the ship so we are somewhat familiar.  What I'm looking forward to seeing is how much the venues have changed for the North American market.

It would be interesting: I loved the noodle bar, some of the best/easiest food to get on the ship. I wonder if goes away if it is aimed at the Asian market. Ours was the first cruise on Princess and we weren't impressed with the food. We sailed primarily on Celebrity and liked their food better.  But food is such a personal preference....

• Like 1

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Yes. I've been trying to find recent info/videos/etc. on that since it's been in Asia for so long. What little I've seen indicates there is some Asian language signage and some Asian cuisine options (which are fine with us) but otherwise, not much info on what may have changed for the NA market.

4 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Yes. I've been trying to find recent info/videos/etc. on that since it's been in Asia for so long. What little I've seen indicates there is some Asian language signage and some Asian cuisine options (which are fine with us) but otherwise, not much info on what may have changed for the NA market.

I believe they took the Chinese translation of Majestic Princess off the hull (or stern, can't remember where it was).  When the ship was sailing from Sydney, they did change some of the venues from gaming to lounges.  I also hope that the noodle bar survives as it will be nice to grab a bowl when cruising cool Alaska.  I had it when it was 90 degrees sailing around Fiji! 

• Like 1

This morning, after--what, 3 weeks I think?--I am finally able to log in to the website! Three days ago I followed someone's advice (sorry, I forget who said it on this lonnnggg thread). I clicked on the "need help?" link at login. I think the next step was "forgot password," but it might have been "reset password." In any case they sent an email that allowed me to create a new password. I did that, and then got to a screen that said I needed to re-enter a bunch of basic information (name, address, etc). Unfortunately, when I finished that and submitted it, I got a notice saying it was successful and they would log me in shortly, but it stayed stuck on that notice.

So I tried again. My new password still worked, but I had to refill that info again, and then the same thing happened again. And again. Then I tried again a couple of times two days ago, and again a couple of times yesterday. I did not have high expectations when I tried again this morning. But this time, when I re-entered the info and submitted it, it finally worked. I was able to see all of my information, from previous cruises through the current booking, including OBC. Everything was as it should be. I even crossed my fingers, logged out, and tried it again. Got in again.

I notice that the site now says a lot of what we used to enter on the website we will now have to enter via the Medallion app. "Coming soon!" it says, hopefully. I see it is currently unavailable on Google Play. I deleted the app from my phone, and assume--um, hope--that when it is available again on Google Play it will function well and also not mess things up with the website functions....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Grislap said:

This morning, after--what, 3 weeks I think?--I am finally able to log in to the website! Three days ago I followed someone's advice (sorry, I forget who said it on this lonnnggg thread). I clicked on the "need help?" link at login. I think the next step was "forgot password," but it might have been "reset password." In any case they sent an email that allowed me to create a new password. I did that, and then got to a screen that said I needed to re-enter a bunch of basic information (name, address, etc). Unfortunately, when I finished that and submitted it, I got a notice saying it was successful and they would log me in shortly, but it stayed stuck on that notice.

So I tried again. My new password still worked, but I had to refill that info again, and then the same thing happened again. And again. Then I tried again a couple of times two days ago, and again a couple of times yesterday. I did not have high expectations when I tried again this morning. But this time, when I re-entered the info and submitted it, it finally worked. I was able to see all of my information, from previous cruises through the current booking, including OBC. Everything was as it should be. I even crossed my fingers, logged out, and tried it again. Got in again.

I notice that the site now says a lot of what we used to enter on the website we will now have to enter via the Medallion app. "Coming soon!" it says, hopefully. I see it is currently unavailable on Google Play. I deleted the app from my phone, and assume--um, hope--that when it is available again on Google Play it will function well and also not mess things up with the website functions....

Congratulations for getting in !

some of us have been saying to keep the same User ID and password. Do not change it. Use it for app as well. App was there a few days ago, but removed and are coming soon. Some of us have both website and app working and our information is showing up in the app. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grislap said:

Thanks! I have been trying for weeks to login on the website with the same issues you were having. Just tried it again (having to fill in the address, contact info, etc) and it worked! My future cruises are there including the one that was supposed to leave in 24 days but was cancelled like a month ago. I can also get into the app but there is not much useful information there unless you are getting ready to get on a cruise or already on the ship.

The website is still not 100% for me at least. I was finally able to login using my login ID however when I go to my "profile information" it lists my wife's login ID under the "Login ID" field! I logged out, then back in and it still shows my wife's login ID. Other than that everything seems to be correct. 

4 minutes ago, fairmontracer said:

The website is still not 100% for me at least. I was finally able to login using my login ID however when I go to my "profile information" it lists my wife's login ID under the "Login ID" field! I logged out, then back in and it still shows my wife's login ID. Other than that everything seems to be correct. 

My husband can login to his website account and all the info on his account is now accessible. But I still can’t get into my website account, and like you I get this page asking more information and the login ID on that page is my husband’s email…. But the app works on my phone.

13 minutes ago, fairmontracer said:

Thanks! I have been trying for weeks to login on the website with the same issues you were having. Just tried it again (having to fill in the address, contact info, etc) and it worked! My future cruises are there including the one that was supposed to leave in 24 days but was cancelled like a month ago. I can also get into the app but there is not much useful information there unless you are getting ready to get on a cruise or already on the ship.

I am glad you found that helpful and that you were finally able to get in again. I hope your remaining issue (wife's login) will be resolved soon.

I was just able to get in and check a couple excursions.    I still am having one problem:  when I go to book flights for our November cruise, it comes up: 

We've searched all the airlines that we sell and couldn't find any flights available.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:54 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Are you working with a Princess planner or a TA?  Can anyone help you with this? I try not to let things bother me anymore but that would definitely be upsetting.  Good luck!

Our entire group have already made airline reservations, but it was at a higher price than when we first looked.  When we went to book the tickets just a few hours later, we couldn't log on, and by the time we finally could, the price had gone up several hundred dollars.  We kept thinking that it would be fixed within a day or so, then when I called Princess, I was told a week...that turned into 3 weeks before we could log on and by that time, the prices had already gone up.  Not much we could do at that point other than just to book at the higher price. ☹️

2 hours ago, BassettMom said:

Our entire group have already made airline reservations, but it was at a higher price than when we first looked.  When we went to book the tickets just a few hours later, we couldn't log on, and by the time we finally could, the price had gone up several hundred dollars.  We kept thinking that it would be fixed within a day or so, then when I called Princess, I was told a week...that turned into 3 weeks before we could log on and by that time, the prices had already gone up.  Not much we could do at that point other than just to book at the higher price. ☹️

I have made my own bookings via Personalizer when using EZ-Air in the past, but I have always thought they could make a booking over the phone for a customer as well.  It's a shame you had to pay more for the sake of technical issue.

5 hours ago, BassettMom said:

Oh that’s terrible. I am so sorry to hear this.

Once AGAIN, I receive this message when trying to login to the website:  

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again.

Would love to know what ransomware attack, new code push, server/infrastructure failure, or other disaster has occurred at Princess.  This problem has been going on for weeks and they still can't resolve it. Their lame response is to tell me to login with my booking number.  That doesn't work for everything.  

38 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

Please try again.

Would love to know what ransomware attack, new code push, server/infrastructure failure, or other disaster has occurred at Princess.  This problem has been going on for weeks and they still can't resolve it. Their lame response is to tell me to login with my booking number.  That doesn't work for everything.  

It's been going on for months now, not just weeks.  I'm still unable to login as well.  It's pathetic when you combine that with the recent move to medallion-only check in.  That software package wasn't even ready for beta testing, let alone released into production. 😶

Edited by 4hunters
Grammar
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

It's been going on for months now, not just weeks.  I'm still unable to login as well.  It's pathetic when you combine that with the recent move to medallion-only check in.  That software package wasn't even ready for beta testing, let alone released into production. 😶

Totally agree.  Right now on my laptop the princess website will not take the password but will take it from my phone.  When I use the password on the medallion app it just sits there and does not log in but when I use booking number it lets me in.  Go figure

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Totally agree.  Right now on my laptop the princess website will not take the password but will take it from my phone.  When I use the password on the medallion app it just sits there and does not log in but when I use booking number it lets me in.  Go figure

I have the same situation.  Mobile I can log into but not desktop.  I haven't bothered with the medallion app, as that looks to be a complete SNAFU.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

Please try again.

7 hours ago, 4hunters said:

7 hours ago, memoak said:

4 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

I have the same situation.  Mobile I can log into but not desktop.  I haven't bothered with the medallion app, as that looks to be a complete SNAFU.

Have you all tried clearing browser cache and cookies?

• Like 1