Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It's been that way for a couple of hours for me and the MedallionClass app is the same way.  I am guessing that they are doing some unannounced work behind the scenes.  Hoping it will be up later and that things on both will be finally functioning.

Last week I was finally able to access my account on the Princess site, but not on the MedallionClass App.  Now neither works.  I, too, hope they will be up soon, and fully functioning. 

Princess had 14 months to create a fully functioning MedallionClass system & app. Now that they’re forcing us to do everything on it we cannot even sign in. I realize that techies work on their system on many weekends so that’s not a complete surprise. But for some people those issues didn’t begin this weekend. Since Thursday some of us have been able to see new options including Dine My Way on the MC app & the problems likely resulted in yesterday’s iOS app update. 

It’s ridiculous to force us to use an incomplete app that doesn’t work as promised…very disappointing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Princess had 14 months to create a fully functioning MedallionClass system & app. Now that they’re forcing us to do everything on it we cannot even sign in. I realize that techies work on their system on many weekends so that’s not a complete surprise. But for some people those issues didn’t begin this weekend. Since Thursday some of us have been able to see new options including Dine My Way on the MC app & the problems likely resulted in yesterday’s iOS app update. 

It’s ridiculous to force us to use an incomplete app that doesn’t work as promised…very disappointing.

You can say that again!  This is ridiculous.  
Is there a date this is supposed to work by (Medallion app. I mean ). ????? Are we all just jumping the gun on the Medallion app???  After all my work, on the App. , I decided to delete the app & start all over again.  Since it worked at 1st for a few minutes, then crashed & nothing.     I will not start all over again until I know it’s working.  Maybe this is just too much for the

Tech guys 🤨

It is really sad to say but my faith in Princess, has come through 3 cancelations, and the events of this past year. To lose my loyalty seems petty but I am shopping other cruise lines. This latest tech fiasco has pushed my buttons. Not only being locked out but also to find out, that along with the mix up. My files were transferred to another agent in Europe. It took my agent of 20 years , 2 days to have them transferred back to her care. Little things do make a big difference. 

The grass is not always greener on the other side, however I may do some window shopping.  

HOW MANY WEEKS NOW?

After catching up on today's reports for MC, I decided to check the app again.  Several changes:

Dine My Way appeared to be functional.  I booked early dining 6pm for both voyages (our first is B2B2B).  When doing so, I appeared as one person and my wife was not listed.  (I have yet to try logging in as her).  I was offered to add companions by entering booking number.  I did try our own in case it included my wife.  NOT FOUND.  When I made the booking, it set us up for a 2-top, so IDK if it thinks I am dining alone or not.  Despite speculation for near-term cruises that tables may be restricted, I saw no choice for me either (we are Fall 2022 so should be no restrictions).  I did not see our friends who were previously setup as Travel Companions.  I tried looking up their Booking Nmber - NOT FOUND.  Gave that up and left the dining booking as 6pm each day. 

Went back to the original Travel Companion page of the app and again, no wife photo.  Also friends were gone - and were there for over a week now.  Tried adding them and - no go / not found.

Back to OCEANReady, I tapped on Step 1 and this time instead of flipping to the new page with the floating buoy and "All Hands on Tech" error message, I got a pop up not available or working (forget exactly since I have totally lost the app now). 

I decided to clear data & cache in Settings, deleted the app with the intention to re-install.  Lo and behold, quite the shocker to discover the MC app is not even in the PLAY STORE now!!!  What's with that?  I wonder if there is some other goof-up such as loaded for USA-only now, or if Princess IT pulled it due to all the issues.

ETA:  Now I can contemplate whether it was better to have the app on my phone full of bugs and changing behavior almost daily, or have no app at all!!

Going to see what happens if I try the existing app on my wife's phone. 

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

Now I cannot login to Princess.com with either of our login/pswd.  I have been able to login to website no issues for the past weeks.  

There is a big blurb in red typeface mentioning their issues with "some" accounts and not getting in:

Your login attempt was unsuccessful.
Please confirm that you are using the correct Login ID (or Email) and Password.

We are experiencing technical difficulties with some guest accounts. If you have reset your password already and you still see this error, then we apologize. We are working on a solution.

You can access your existing bookings online by using your name and booking number. If you need to review your Future Cruise Credit balance then please contact our call center. We kindly ask that you do not call or chat for assistance with login, as our customer service team cannot assist you with sign on until we have a solution in place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Now I cannot login to Princess.com with either of our login/pswd.  I have been able to login to website no issues for the past weeks.  

There is a big blurb in red typeface mentioning their issues with "some" accounts and not getting in:

We are experiencing technical difficulties with some guest accounts. If you have reset your password already and you still see this error, then we apologize. We are working on a solution.

You can access your existing bookings online by using your name and booking number. If you need to review your Future Cruise Credit balance then please contact our call center. We kindly ask that you do not call or chat for assistance with login, as our customer service team cannot assist you with sign on until we have a solution in place.

I get the same message!

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same with me although it was working just peachy keen all afternoon. I'm beginning to think my next Princess cruise will be our last. 😠

Edited by joepeka

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Yep I got the same message too.  After being locked out of the app I thought I'd try the website and got the longest error message yet.

image.png.c77bfe4b8c1bba992dcdc51085021dd5.png

same here. 

I am just going to leave it alone.  

Everything was great for me (other than I'm boarding the Emerald in 29 days or so) until today.  I can't log in on the app nor on the website.  (Briefly I was back on the app, then not). I'm seeing the same messages as above.  Hopefully it get fixed by the time I do my next Princess cruise (3/1/22).

On top of that, my X app says on my cruise in 7 weeks, when I check my check in "your check in has checked out".  

Sigh, bad week for me on apps.

Note:  X is because I'm on the Millennium in St. Martin and they're swapping ships in July.

Edited by abbydancer

The website which was down last night is back up this morning for me.  I still haven't even tried to download the medallion app and will not until this debacle is over.

Back in my former life I worked on the design, testing and implementation of complex computer systems.  Emergency fixes are expected but never, ever on this scale.  It seems to me that the time allotted to the testing phase must have been reduced significantly.  It is the phase most likely to be compressed by executives unfamiliar with the importance of the process especially when it gets squeezed by a design phase that takes longer than expected (and they all do) and an unwavering implementation date. 

I've always recommended the Princess website as easy to use and informative.  It is totally disappointing and frustrating to see that its unreliability is making it impossible to use.

• Like 1

About a month ago I got a notification by Princess that I needed to change my password. I did that, and ever since, when I log in I get a screen that says "Your account is missing some additional information" and wants me to input my address, phone and email. I have cruised with Princess many times so they obviously already have that information. The screen also has a pre populated userid field (that cannot be changed) with my wife's userid in it! I have tried completing the form anyway to see what happens and the page says "logging in" but never goes anywhere. I have tried on three different computers with two different browsers. I call Princess once a week and, even after talking to tech support, I get "we are having problems with our website, please try again later". Luckily my wife's account works fine so I can check for FCC's there. I work in IT and having your main web presence down for a month is totally unacceptable, especially if it was a scheduled change.  

Just logged in at Princess and no problem!  Yesterday, no go.  I have not reinstalled the app yet.  Waiting to see how it all works out for those who are sailing soon.  Good luck to each one of you and please keep us informed as to your progress, or lack of, with getting the app to do what it’s supposed to do!  So frustrating!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Looks like it will be a couple of days this time.

This is at the top of my sign in page.

Sections of our website will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance between 11:12PM PDT on 6/6 and 09:00AM PDT on 6/8

They appear to have shortened the downtime on the official message:

image.png.72a5f2f3b7b065130a5108a558055e2a.png

Yes, Princess.com working again this morning after being down for maintenance.  However, the MC app is still missing from the Play Store and I deleted it yesterday before knowing that, so IDK what is going on in App arena, but I would guess no improvements.  I imagine they are keeping it out of Play Store until they THINK it is fixed (emphasis on THINK for sure). 

I will have to try it out later on my wife's phone.  

This entire process has been a goat rope since we booked our next cruise.  We booked  through a big box travel agent and all the information provided to Princess was correct.  A few days after booking the cruise showed up on DW's account but not on mine.  I finally found out that I was assigned a new Captains Circle account number with no past cruises etc.  I wrote an email and talked to the Travel agent and was assured it would be taken care of.  Instead I received an email that said my previous Captains Circle number was correct and to use it, but they were unable to cancel the new CC number at this time.  Since we were able to manage the cruise through my DW's account or through the booked guest account procedure, that was OK, for now.  Today, I can't get online to manage our cruise through any of our accounts or the booked guest account.  Fortunately,  we several months before our cruise and I am cautiously optimistic this too shall pass.

I could not log in online via any method - sooo frustrating- so I tried installing the app.   After scrolling through some introductory pages, I ended up with a picture of a ship on the ocean — no words , no arrows, nothing, couldn’t move.  

I deleted the app and will approach the website again tomorrow when I’m not quite so angry at it! 

• Like 1