The Daily for Friday May 14, 2021

richwmn

33 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Is Shades Day for sunglasses, window treatments, or colors?

I'm hoping it's the first one so I can put on my Ray Bans and cut the rug to the Chicken Dance polka, all while quoting, "Do not go gentle into that good night ."

Oh! Thanks for this! I love it! This dance (and the Bunny Hop) was featured at every wedding reception I ever attended when I lived in Rhode Island.  

Edited by BobbiSox
mistake in memory
  • Like 11

Good Friday morning!  First Happy 55th Anniversary @summer slope!  That reminds me today is my brother's 22nd anniversary so I will send wishes to him today too.  

Thanks to @richwmnfor our Daily today and also to @kazufor the lists and Garden Club suggestion.  I always turned over mulch to freshen it up when I had hardwood mulch.  I used a special garden tool for it.  Here in the South we have pine straw mulch and the tool doesn't work as well for that.  I really despise the pine straw mulch but that's what our landscaping company uses, and replaces for us every year.  The landscaping work is included in our monthly homeowner's dues so we have to put up with it.  If we were to replace the pine straw with hardwood mulch we would have to pay for and do all the work ourselves and we hesitate to do that at this point.

@rafinmdPrayers coming your way for a healthy outcome to your heart procedure today.  We're looking forward to having you back here on the Daily ASAP.

Interesting group of days today.  I'm another lover of chocolate!  Especially dark chocolate!  The grilled shrimp sounds good but no grits please.  We may make a shrimp dish tonight for dinner.

Cabo San Lucas is a popular port so I'm sure many of us have been there.  For me it was 2005 on the old Regal Princess, 2012 on Star Princess and 2016 on Westerdam while on a Panama Canal full transit.  I'll check out photos for something interesting to post.

• Like 16

We visited Cabo San Lucas on a cruise in February 2002.

The southern tip, or “lands End”, of the Baja.

IM000167.jpg.e7d40cbdb40ecdbcad8804cb58043c25.jpg

With its distinctive sea arch, the El Arco de Cabo San Lucas.

IM000191.jpg.77d9bb45cc30d7abdacb63820c1aa67a.jpg

We took a whale watching cruise and as you will notice, we found it to be rather chilly.

IM000203.jpg.bd20f929df397ca2b49d0eb09214757d.jpg

Plus, we didn’t really see much for whales!

IM000204.jpg.f5c9aca7130d788b0b6a5b1e8f83d72b.jpg

We also walked around the downtown area a bit. As I recall it was noticeably quiet, as was early in the day and nothing much was open yet.

IM000179.jpg.fd3d17959ac85f95edcf37bfa7f5e6e5.jpg

IM000180.jpg.446fab9f4a9e16f52741391f1b17ac41.jpg

• Like 24

Good Morning from a warm but overcast day at the beach.

Didnt get the expected storms yesterday, went completely around us.

The Chicken dance was played at every wedding reception and function I ever attended up until a few years ago.

Summer Slope-- Happy 55th Anniversary.  Hope you have 55 more!

GeorgeCharlie--- Happy 50th Anniversary to you tomorrow!  Wish you many many more.

Roy-   know you wont see this, but you are in our thoughts.

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today.

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That reminds me today is my brother's 22nd anniversary so I will send wishes to him today too.  

Happy Anniversary to your brother 🙂 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The morning after jab two and my arm is much more sore than the first jab.  It woke me up during the night.  I took some pain pills so hope that resolves that issue.  

Oh dear, I hope your arm feels much better fast! 🤞 

• Like 8

I looked for photos from my 2005 cruise and was amazed at how few photos I actually took then.  I hadn't begun making photo books at that point so I guess it wasn't on my mind.  Eventually I went back and made books for all my cruises so I have quite a collection now.

On that first cruise we took a tour boat ride which took us up close to El Arco.  The seas were pretty rough that day and I remember how tough that was on everyone's stomachs!  Let's just call it an adventure!enhance

On the opposite side of the arch we saw this hidden beach.  enhance

enhance

A picture from our 2012 walk aroundenhance

On our 2016 Westerdam cruise I took this photo on the tender ride to shore.  That's what I call social distancing!enhance

enhance

It's a busy, vibrant town and very popular with the tourists.enhance

enhance

• Like 27

My first thought upon waking was for Roy's positive outcome on his surgery. God bless our Roy.

Good morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. Hi sweet sisters and Jacqui thank you for our Prayers and Cheers listing this morning. 

Allen just had shrimp and grits this week. He really likes grits. Me not so much. We've been to the Mexican Riviera many times. Last visit was on Oosterdam March 2020.

Looks like it will be a lovely day in Georgetown. I think we will go to our favorite Fish City Grill for oysters. 

We have done the chicken dance so many times growing up. My grandfather and uncles played various instruments and when they started to play the chicken dance everyone would jump up and dance. 

Prayers and Cheers go out to all on our Daily. Jacqui please let us know when you hear from Roy.

0311201706b_HDR.jpg

• Like 22

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Wow, a great combination of days to celebrate - dancing like a chicken, wearing shades and reading Dylan Thomas can make for one busy time!  @POA1 thank you for being so kind as to make that video for us this morning; your dancing expertise is way beyond mine!

I have to agree with today's quote - a friend once had a t-shirt that read:  "A day without chocolate is like . . . I have no idea."

First and foremost, my heart is with @rafinmd as he undergoes his medical procedure - I know I join the crowd with my thoughts and prayers today.  Then a very Happy 55th Anniversary to @summer slope, wishing you many more years of love and laughter together.  @GeorgeCharlie, Happy 50th to you for tomorrow!

We haven't been to today's port, but friends of ours have rented a villa there a number of times and absolutely love it.

@kazu thanks for putting DS on the care list, but we checked in with him yesterday and he says he's at about 95% capacity again, so there's one less to have to worry about.  It is interesting to see his reaction after his 1st jab, makes me wonder what will happen (hopefully nothing) when he receives his 2nd.

Love the idea of shrimp tonight - not a fan of grits, having tried them a few times - but maybe tomorrow will be shrimp night, as it's Friday night pizza at our house.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for Roy.  Clinking the glasses together to toast all on the happy list, especially those celebrating anniversaries!  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your mask(s) when you need to, and get your jabs!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 22

Good morning Dailyites!

@summer slopehappy 55th anniversary today!

@GeorgeCharliehappy 50th anniversary tomorrow!

We've been to Cabo San Lucas on our Panama Canal trip - I'm at work now so pictures will have to wait until I get home this evening.  I remember we went to a glass blowing place - it was so HOT that I couldn't wait to leave!  We also went to Cacti Mundo, a cactus preserve...another thing not to do on a HOT day!  It was all very interesting, but when it gets too hot I lose interest quickly and would prefer a cool beverage instead of visiting places.

Praying for @rafinmd's procedure to go well, so he can be back on here with his sunrise and sunset pictures!

Be back later....

Laura

• Like 17

The small beach on the Pacific side of the arch is called “Lovers Beach”.  The Giggling  Marlin bar has a fun game. You wear a jump suit with stripes of Velcro and run and bounce of a ramp and land on a Velcro wall. Sometimes upside down. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Happy Anniversaries!

We have been to Cabo twice, but haven't actually been in town yet. Here are some pictures from our 2017 westbound canal transit.

Resorts near Cabo-

DSC_0312.thumb.JPG.aec5edbe944d1a04b723674f2e0ee3e5.JPG

Departing for San Diego-

DSC_0369.thumb.JPG.c14527e9e50be753ffe67c8d22c33086.JPG

The arch from the pacific side-

2112501287_DSC_0390(3).thumb.JPG.a3e9de3aa26c382d44d59b7d12adf16a.JPG

• Like 19

👍Thank You @richwmn for the Daily and @kazu for the Care and Celebration Lists.🙏 More prayers for @rafinmd! Anniversary 💗Congratulations to both @summer slopeand @GeorgeCharlie.

We do 💕shrimp and grits and had some of the best in Savannah. 😊 

🚢Many past Mexican Riviera cruises and a ✈short flight time from SFO to Cabo taking husband's Aunt as a travel partner. 

Prayers to all who are in need! 🙏

Katie

20210514_073941.jpg

• Like 20

1 minute ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank You @richwmn for the Daily and @kazu for the Care and Celebration Lists.🙏 More prayers for @rafinmd! Anniversary 💗Congratulations to both @summer slopeand @GeorgeCharlie.

We do 💕shrimp and grits and had some of the best in Savannah. 😊 

🚢Many past Mexican Riviera cruises and a ✈short flight time from SFO to Cabo taking husband's Aunt as a travel partner. 

Prayers to all who are in need! 🙏

Katie

20210514_073941.jpg

Katie, how is your arm feeling?  Improved I hope.

@JazzyVhow are you doing?  What happened with the doctor call?  Are you having any tests run?

• Like 8

Good morning, all! First of all, thinking of Roy today as he undergoes his long awaited cardiac surgery. His Daily family are all with him in spirit!

Dance Like A Chicken Day could be fun. The quote is so true. Except for wine. Wine is the one thing that doesn’t need to be made of chocolate. The meal sounds good!

Cabo San Lucas is a port most of us have probably been to. It’s a little too touristy to vacation in. We prefer San Jose Del Cabo just up the coast for that. Cabo itself is fun as a port stop, though. We enjoy walking along the Marina and joking with the vendors who try selling you a boat trip every ten feet. At the very far end from the tender pier is a path to Medano Beach. It runs along the front of the high end hotels, but the beach itself is public. It has the most beautiful golden sand, and is one of my favourite beaches!

Looking across the Marina. I think the owner of each and every one of those boats tried to sell us a tour!
4868BA48-7A8C-4FCA-97BD-F74124D9EDBA.thumb.jpeg.a0b4bfeb5c3da69037ef63527baad2fc.jpeg

The shore side of the Marina.

893D56D0-52F2-4DB9-B1A0-6C6DD7383AE6.thumb.jpeg.688ae6fe7a1238147228eabcef4e2c33.jpeg

David in the water at Medino Beach with the Eurodam looking on.

7BF63297-360D-4545-BABA-1813D51284FD.thumb.jpeg.26d47d813c2c7ccc1f5904a287c1cc45.jpeg

A flying fish as seen from our balcony - a true sign of reaching warmer waters!

660BC05F-AFDE-4251-AB02-50930B0E001E.thumb.jpeg.9fc9a869b0b6c5254552cf8052dad966.jpeg

And of course, TGIF, even if the weekend won’t be spent on a BHB!
BFA60DF7-5DBB-4040-94CF-3D7FA60296FB.thumb.jpeg.7dd865846e3f21e303ad153420be8e52.jpeg

• Like 25

Happy Anniversary to those celebrating such major milestones - 50 and 55 Years!

Thoughts and prayers are being sent to all on the Care list, especially Roy.

I finally got the last of my vegetables planted.  Now, I just hope that the rabbits don't eat everything!

Have a Great Weekend, Everyone!

• Like 11