Just received from Carnival

joeyancho

9 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I just watched the video from them. Sounds very encouraging, especially with the protocols, which may be more limited than first thought.  Hopefully, Carnival won't be far behind them in their planning.  Though it is not Carnival, I'm putting a link if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25087-royal-caribbean-ceo-fain-cdc-permission-coming-shortly.html?fbclid=IwAR0n79zz1dYR_Bg5AhLyYSx0haTqKZ8wDc2ct9R14sNZPOrXGEmh70izmvQ

Thank you for this

This is awesome and it really pertains to all cruising, this freakin pandemic is comping to an end and normalcy and cruising is returning.. this will continue to evolve and get Berger by the week. 
looking forward to a nice cruise this fall!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I just watched the video from them. Sounds very encouraging, especially with the protocols, which may be more limited than first thought.  Hopefully, Carnival won't be far behind them in their planning.  Though it is not Carnival, I'm putting a link if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25087-royal-caribbean-ceo-fain-cdc-permission-coming-shortly.html?fbclid=IwAR0n79zz1dYR_Bg5AhLyYSx0haTqKZ8wDc2ct9R14sNZPOrXGEmh70izmvQ

I especially liked the part where he said, "we are optimistic that masks won't be required anywhere if you are vaccinated."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stellarose said:

still perplexed as to why ships won't go the vaccine route instead the hoops of the test cruises. who knows. 

Because they want to continue cruising out of Florida. They can’t do that if they force vaccines as a condition of travel, per Governor DeSantis.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

As others have noted, this is a great bit of news, and hopefully the path forward described here will apply to all the lines.

I do wonder whether offering cruises for the vaccinated and cruises for those that do not wish to declare their vaccination status will offer a mechanism for sailing out of FL: the business isn't demanding proof, simply offering an alternative.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Wow! What a great presentation! Thanks for posting Lee! 👍

I hope his optimism is catching on at Carnival.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Aplmac said:

The entire situation is still evolving -

changes are no longer hourly and daily
now they're weekly and monthly, instead.

By the end of this year, changes might be quarterly and yearly!
Don't rush it. Expect nothing. Be glad for what you get so far.
Things will improve by Christmas and be a bit more stable.

Next year 2022 will be better.
Just let's get everyone vaccinated!

Vaccines WORK.jpg

Will you please stop with the pushing of this damn experimental vaccine?  Why is this not inflammatory?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you noticed they said they will do test cruises so unvaccinated children can cruise, does this mean all adults will have to be vaccinated? 

"This will allow us more flexibility to allow unvaccinated children to sail, among other key procedures."

We are scheduled to be on the Panorama on Sep. 4th I wonder if they are going to sail or not. I didn’t get any email. I plan to cruise with an elder mother and she is worried not to be on the first few cruises. I called to rebook and was told Carnival allows people to rebook but not cancel. I wonder if any one know if carnival will allow to cancel. Final payment date is June 6. I wonder if any of you heated any thing I would appreciate it 

2 minutes ago, esper10 said:

We are scheduled to be on the Panorama on Sep. 4th I wonder if they are going to sail or not. I didn’t get any email. I plan to cruise with an elder mother and she is worried not to be on the first few cruises. I called to rebook and was told Carnival allows people to rebook but not cancel. I wonder if any one know if carnival will allow to cancel. Final payment date is June 6. I wonder if any of you heated any thing I would appreciate it 

Haven't heard anything specifically on that cruise, but lately they have been extending the final payment due date a few weeks.  I would think you should hear some things soon.

6 minutes ago, esper10 said:

The last few months Carnival has sent letters saying that they will extend the payments for a certain month but they wait till most payment dates have already passed. Your best bet is to call an ask for an extension.

Edited by regoodwinjr

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Will you please stop with the pushing of this damn experimental vaccine?

Why is this not inflammatory? ===> Because it's actually Science??

What "experimental vaccine" are you referring to?

There are several: Pick one!

All of them well established and understood, by now!

Dirfnt types.jpg

Dirfnt types-2.jpg

Dirfnt types-3.JPG

Global Reach.JPG

• Like 5

Just now, Aplmac said:

What "experimental vaccine" are you referring to?

Although well-accepted, they are still not FDA-approved, they are authorized for emergency use only - as part of the pandemic response.

Technically, if the CDC or US Gov't overall were to announce the pandemic over tomorrow, the vaccines could no longer be distributed and administered in the US.

The above info is what notionally/nominally gives some of the unvaxxed people some hesitancy, in the US.

I cannot speak to how the vaccines are classified in other countries - I'll leave that as a homework assignment for those interested, lol.

• Like 2

Vaccination is certainly fair game, as Carnival mentions it in the ticket contract. No, they aren't saying if mandatory on all sailings, or any other than Alaska at the moment.

"(10) vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carnival, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing;"

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Will you please stop with the pushing of this ... vaccine?  Why is this not inflammatory?

It's only inflammatory if you allow yourself to become angry and/or violent when reading others' comments and opinions. 

• Like 5

Just now, eclue said:

The vaccines are wonderful - saving us from the worst pandemic in history...but some folks just need to thrive on negativity...Just get vaccinated!!!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Raysgirl said:

If you noticed they said they will do test cruises so unvaccinated children can cruise, does this mean all adults will have to be vaccinated? 

"This will allow us more flexibility to allow unvaccinated children to sail, among other key procedures."

Rcl said all adults need to be vaccinated and children 12 and over after Aug 1st. .. but then I see a link to news about religious exemptions.. so who knows.

Kinda tired of hearing it's about desantis, when that may not be true, or why would carnival plan on cruising in july out of Miami. It's getting tiring to see people with a beef with florida post as arm chair lawyers. They dont know but post it as a fact. 

• Like 4

Although the Breeze, Vista, and Horizon were initially excluded from this letter, we have now received one also.

We are booked on the the Breeze's first sailing (July 15h/Galveston) and just received an email yesterday, subject line, "Final Payment Extension for July and August 2021 Sailings, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Vista, and Carnival Horizon departures."  Original payment due date, May 31st, now extended to June 14th.

I'm trying to stay positive, but we have been down this road before, and the cruises ended up being cancelled following this notification.

Edited by RunnerGirlCindy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RunnerGirlCindy said:

Although the Breeze, Vista, and Horizon were initially excluded from this letter, we have now received one also.

We are booked on the the Breeze's first sailing (July 15h/Galveston) and just received an email yesterday, subject line, "Final Payment Extension for July and August 2021 Sailings, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Vista, and Carnival Horizon departures."  Original payment due date, May 31st, now extended to June 14th.

I'm trying to stay positive, but we have been down this road before, and the cruises ended up being cancelled following this notification.

I’m going to hope that delaying final payment has to do with them finally announcing protocols for sailing by the 31st as they’ve stated. It would give people two weeks to decide if they still want to sail under those protocols or if certain ages may be required to be vaccinated. Why take payment and have to turn right around and give refunds. 

Edited by BroadwayGirl
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 4:29 PM, eclue said:

The vaccines are wonderful - saving us from the worst pandemic in history...but some folks just need to thrive on negativity...Just get vaccinated!!!

I know you are excited, but this pandemic is hardly the worst in history. The Spanish Flu killed an estimated 50 million people, and infected 500 million during its reign, according to the CDC. The Bubonic Plague is still with us, having killed somewhere between 75-200 million since it was first recorded back in the 1340's, and killing around 7 people per year in the US alone (wikipedia).

I do agree, having a vaccine against COVID is very helpful.  I go for my 2nd dose of Pfizer in a week.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Qextor said:

I know you are excited, but this pandemic is hardly the worst in history. The Spanish Flu killed an estimated 50 million people, and infected 500 million during its reign, according to the CDC. The Bubonic Plague is still with us, having killed somewhere between 75-200 million since it was first recorded back in the 1340's, and killing around 7 people per year in the US alone (wikipedia).

I do agree, having a vaccine against COVID is very helpful.  I go for my 2nd dose of Pfizer in a week.

I should have said the worst in our lifetime........I am quite familiar with other plagues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eclue said:

I should have said the worst in our lifetime........I am quite familiar with other plagues.

Regular flu kills 500,000 people per year. That adds up pretty quickly over the years.