Wow bands or sea pass cards.

Don't care...as long as they continue to offer the sea pass cards.  But that's just me, personal preference.  

I like how it easily slips into my pocket.  Out of sight, but close at hand.  I only bring/wear slacks, jeans, and shorts with pockets.  😉 

The rubber band does not go well with my bracelet or my watch.  😜

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

on't care...as long as they continue to offer the sea pass cards.  But that's just me, personal preference.  

I like how it easily slips into my pocket.  Out of sight, but close at hand.  I only bring/wear slacks, jeans, and shorts with pockets.  😉 

Agree 100%. Old school. No fanny packs or lanyards either. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I know wow bands are avilable on certain ships. The question is, are RC going to introduce further smart items, such as the princess medallion etc, or keep to the sea pass cards?

At this time, no one can really answer this. We'll just have to wait and see what others experience when cruising resumes. My Magic 8 Ball says. "cannot predict now". 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree 100%. Old school. No fanny packs or lanyards either. 🤣

LOL, all a matter of personal preference 😉

I am not a fan of the lanyards either.  Looks like a price tag hanging from your neck.  😄 😄 

I can whip out my sea pass card from my pocket faster than struggling to pull the thing out of a lanyard.  😉 

And what about the lanyard thing dumping itself in your drink at happy hour, or falling into your mashed potatoes at dinner.  😜

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Well I like light cotton dresses, no pockets so hoping wow band is an option.  

Indeed...as I have mentioned...personal preference.  Happily we are not all the same.....how boring would that be?  😉 

I don't carry a purse in ports.  Prefer slipping my sea pass card, along with my passport ID card, a credit card, and some folding $$ in my pocket.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Last couple of cruises I started using a very small crossbody purse that barely holds my iPhone and SeaPass card...worked out well .

I do like those small cross body purses for other vacationing.  They are great!  Makes lugging my "home purse" around feel weird when I get home.  😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am not a fan of the lanyards either.  Looks like a price tag hanging from your neck.  😄 😄 

I can whip out my sea pass card from my pocket faster than struggling to pull the thing out of a lanyard.  😉 

And what about the lanyard thing dumping itself in your drink at happy hour, or falling into your mashed potatoes at dinner.  😜

Interferes with my Peace Symbol necklace. ☮️ 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Interferes with my Peace Symbol necklace. ☮️ 

OK...that made me laugh!   I really can see you with that around your neck...maybe with hair down to your butt...and some bell bottom jeans.  😄 😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...that made me laugh!   I really can see you with that around your neck...maybe with hair down to your butt...and some bell bottom jeans.  😄 😄 

And don't forget my tie dye t-shirt and moccasins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't care...as long as they continue to offer the sea pass cards.  But that's just me, personal preference.  

Totally agree, either give me a tiny band like we get when we go to TRS in Punta Cana that opens our doors or give me a card.  I don't want the huge bulky rubber bracelet.

• Like 1

I cannot stand the lanyards.  I have my little pouch purse and I throw my card/phone in there.  Throw that in my beach bag or use it as my purse when off island.  Works perfect. Have never liked the lanyards.

• Like 1

Ditto if they gave me something to wear on my wrist I simply put it in my pocket anyways

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I know wow bands are avilable on certain ships. The question is, are RC going to introduce further smart items, such as the princess medallion etc, or keep to the sea pass cards?

The Tracelet™ is a comfortable, water-resistant, hypoallergenic wearable worn by all guests and crew during the cruise. The Tracelet™ helps us with contact tracing in the unlikely event of an onboard health concern. Therefore, everyone onboard regardless of age, needs to wear it. Should you be unable to wear it on your wrist, we will find another way for you to wear it. Any guest who chooses not to wear the Tracelet™ will be unable to sail.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Tracelet™ is a comfortable, water-resistant, hypoallergenic wearable worn by all guests and crew during the cruise. The Tracelet™ helps us with contact tracing in the unlikely event of an onboard health concern. Therefore, everyone onboard regardless of age, needs to wear it. Should you be unable to wear it on your wrist, we will find another way for you to wear it. Any guest who chooses not to wear the Tracelet™ will be unable to sail.

Thanks for that finally a propper answer

• Haha 1

I am a veteran user of Disney magic bands so, assuming the wow band is similar, that works for me.  I too have several small cross body  bags that I take on all vacations.  As a woman who’s been carrying a handbag for 50 or so years, I feel like I forgot something when I go out without one.  And the darn cell phones are getting huge again so it doesn’t fit in a pocket anymore.  My small cross body fits everything I think I need to take but is hands free.  I’ll use it at ports but would prefer not to on the ship.  Hoping the wow bands are a viable alternative.

Edited by poocher

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto if they gave me something to wear on my wrist I simply put it in my pocket anyways

I have seen others do that.  Pretty funny.  😉  If I want my key in my pocket...it's a slim card...not a bulky rubber wrist band.  

• Like 1

I watched the wow bands in action on Anthem and am not interested in using one. Might be great for opening the cabin but it had to be removed for every drink order (and I believe in the ship's store as well). 

• Like 1