Once You Finally Get Back Aboard...

18 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We usually head for one of the restaurants to book or correct any reservations and hopefully snag a deal, then we do the Lido so we can hang out and have that first cocktail until cabin is open.  Once luggage comes, I unpack everything and into the storage in cabin, cases under the bed.  I run a tight ship!

That leaves the afternoon and drill, from drill, we grab a drink and go to our secret place, hoping nobody has beat us to it!  To watch sailaway.

Lunch in the Jammer or CK.  I like to have everything unpacked and luggage stowed away ASAP as well.  In a perfect world, it's all done before sailaway, and then I can finally relax and enjoy our cruise. 

• Like 6

As we have only done My Time Dining these past few years, we can skip checking our table location in MDR and go straight for food and drinks. The locations depend on type of ship we are on but if on an Oasis class we love the Central Park cafe.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Trying to give a more generic answer, some ships don't have Coastal Kitchen & Park Cafe etc.

The general question from the OP, as I read it is.... "Once YOU finally get back on board".   Some of us are indeed boarding a ship with a CK.   That is what we are relating to.   

Me, I am (hopefully by then) boarding Harmony end of November.  We will head right to CK, drop our carry on bags, enjoy a nice lunch with complimentary wine and beer.  Wait for staterooms to open.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once reservations open up we head there to lock in times at venues we want on days we want.  Avoiding MDR unless limited in offerings.  Avoiding Windjammer at all costs.  We're Solarium-ers when opened and not eating at other spots.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

The general question from the OP, as I read it is.... "Once YOU finally get back on board".   Some of us are indeed boarding a ship with a CK.   That is what we are relating to.   

Me, I am (hopefully by then) boarding Harmony end of November.  We will head right to CK, drop our carry on bags, enjoy a nice lunch with complimentary wine and beer.  Wait for staterooms to open.  

I just stated how I answered the question, really didn't need a lecture as to how you are answering it.

• Haha 2

I'll be on Navigator and while I've sailed on her before, I will experience her for the first time after the amp. (Feb 2019)  I've been reading up on some of the new things and am super excited.  So here's the order of business for me on day one.  

1. Run to my stateroom throw my carry on in and leave immediately for the Lime and Coconut to have a Blue Wave.  Then depending on how I feel after a few of those:

2. Either have lunch at Chops (if still an option) or skip lunch completely and try out the new Blaster or Rip Tide slides 🤪

3. Go back and unpack

4. Get ready for sail-away and HH

5. Dinner - rocks at Izumi or seafood at Hooks

6. Show

7. Boleros dancing til...

Whew -  what an exhausting and thrilling day!!!  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just stated how I answered the question, really didn't need a lecture as to how you are answering it.

Oh of course not, would never dream of giving a lecture.  Anymore than you would have to "Big_G".  😉 

Not the Windjammer...just sayin...

Trying to give a more generic answer, some ships don't have Coastal Kitchen & Park Cafe etc.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'll be on Navigator and while I've sailed on her before, I will experience her for the first time after the amp. (Feb 2019)  I've been reading up on some of the new things and am super excited.  So here's the order of business for me on day one.  

1. Run to my stateroom throw my carry on in and leave immediately for the Lime and Coconut to have a Blue Wave.  Then depending on how I feel after a few of those:

2. Either have lunch at Chops (if still an option) or skip lunch completely and try out the new Blaster or Rip Tide slides 🤪

3. Go back and unpack

4. Get ready for sail-away and HH

5. Dinner - rocks at Izumi or seafood at Hooks

6. Show

7. Boleros dancing til...

Whew -  what an exhausting and thrilling day!!!  

Love it!...felt like I just did all that myself...and oh, don't forget the muster drill.

Just now, bonsai3s said:

Love it!...felt like I just did all that myself...and oh, don't forget the muster drill.

Isn't the muster drill going to be on an app now?  If so, I'll do the drill at the Lime and Coconut in between my Blue Waves. 😉

• Like 4

We almost always do a quick walk around on the ship then head to the Windjammer for a light lunch.  Typically, we don't eat breakfast on embarkation day since we know there will be fun cruise food available.  We have gone to other venues before for the inaugural lunch, but mostly we end up at WJ.

Tom

Always eat a good breakfast at the pre-cruise hotel so no need to eat. Head straight to the MDR. We have reservations for MTD and want to select a table for two we prefer. Then grab a drink and wonder around the ship aimlessly ending up at the DL to ensure our Seapass cards open the door. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

This will be our first time on an Oasis ship. So besides the Windjammer unless all they will be serving is prepackaged “sandwiches”, we will be exploring all the WOWs.

Windjammer on Oasis class is a madhouse on the first day. Recommend Park Cafe or Solarium Bistro.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Dining Room first to see where our 2-top table is located at/possibly change if not liking location. Then Windjammers for lunch to see if they have Honey Stung Chicken and Mash Potatoes.

I haven't seen Honey Stung Chicken in years....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Always eat a good breakfast at the pre-cruise hotel so no need to eat. Head straight to the MDR. We have reservations for MTD and want to select a table for two we prefer. Then grab a drink and wonder around the ship aimlessly ending up at the DL to ensure our Seapass cards open the door. 

Yup, always good to check the doors early, before CS desk gets too backed up.   🙂  Have had to get new ones several times...and for our cabin door as well.  😞 

Just now, island lady said:

Yup, always good to check the doors early, before CS desk gets too backed up.   🙂  Have had to get new ones several times...and for our cabin door as well.  😞 

Don't want to be denied the "rite of passage". 😉🍷

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Windjammer on Oasis class is a madhouse on the first day. Recommend Park Cafe or Solarium Bistro.

Indeed WJ is nuts on embarkation day (on most all the ships as well).  We avoid that if possible.  Though if you can get through the WJ on the little Radiance ladies, we do enjoy the outside area on the aft through the doors.  

On the large ladies, I will cast another vote for Solarium Bistro!  🙂  When we did the Oasis class the first few times, we could never find a seat on embarkation day at Park Cafe, but it was always quiet and not crowded at Solarium.  Kind of a best kept secret until other pax found it later in the cruise I think.