Carnival shareholder OB credit

leerathje

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I read somewhere that CCL just refinaced some of their debt and is supposed to save alot of interest.

From and after the implementation of the repricing described above, all outstanding amounts under the Term Loan Facility funded in U.S. dollars will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to adjusted LIBOR with a 0.75% floor, plus a margin equal to 3.00% (which is 4.50% per annum less than the LIBOR margin under the Term Loan Facility prior to the repricing). All outstanding amounts under the Term Loan Facility funded in Euros will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to EURIBOR with a 0.00% floor, plus a margin equal to 3.75% (which is 3.75% per annum less than the EURIBOR margin under the Term Loan Facility prior to the repricing).

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-and-carnival-plc-announce-syndication

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

From and after the implementation of the repricing described above, all outstanding amounts under the Term Loan Facility funded in U.S. dollars will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to adjusted LIBOR with a 0.75% floor, plus a margin equal to 3.00% (which is 4.50% per annum less than the LIBOR margin under the Term Loan Facility prior to the repricing). All outstanding amounts under the Term Loan Facility funded in Euros will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to EURIBOR with a 0.00% floor, plus a margin equal to 3.75% (which is 3.75% per annum less than the EURIBOR margin under the Term Loan Facility prior to the repricing).

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-and-carnival-plc-announce-syndication

That is good news ..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

That is good news ..

And is another reason why I remain of the belief that Carnival Corporation is a quality company.  

I don't care when a dividend might be able to be paid.  Put whatever money that might be used for such into the Company and continue to grow and improve their product.  

Pay me a dividend?  It's a pleasant bonus that increases my ownership in the company because of dividend reinvestment.  It also helps to enrich the United States Treasury because it increases my taxable income.  

So, I decided to email my info in yesterday and received this response at 11:16 pm last night...

smtp.hollandamerica.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com (world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered because you don't have permission to send to the recipient or the recipient's domain.Contact the recipient (by phone or instant messaging, for example) and ask them (or their email admin) to grant you permission, then resend the message.

Well, OK then! 😞 Guess I'll just try faxing it in.

11 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Snail mail will work.  If you are using a travel agent, let that person deal with it.  I have found using my travel agent for such requests significantly easier than if I tried to do them myself.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

So, I decided to email my info in yesterday and received this response at 11:16 pm last night...

smtp.hollandamerica.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com (world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered because you don't have permission to send to the recipient or the recipient's domain.Contact the recipient (by phone or instant messaging, for example) and ask them (or their email admin) to grant you permission, then resend the message.

I would try it again if you are so inclined.  I’ve had emails bounce back from people before when I know the email address is a good one.  No idea why.  Wait intel Monday maybe?  It wasn’t that long ago when I sent mine in via email with no issue.

I booked one through my TA (who hasn't been very cooperative lately and I know she's in Port Canaveral for the arrival of Carnival's new Mardi Gras ship) and the other through my PCC.

I used my work email since we have a fax function that I know works, and submitted it that way yesterday morning.  I did ask that my home email be "authorized" so that I can email it in the future.  We'll see.

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Snail mail will work.  If you are using a travel agent, let that person deal with it.  I have found using my travel agent for such requests significantly easier than if I tried to do them myself.  

I have also let my TA deal with it. He has said sometimes they lost the faxes, and you just have to try again.

• Like 2

I got a response yesterday around noon.

As expected, I was denied the OBC for my Eurodam "free" booking.  Hey, it was worth a try, right?

When I responded to the email, it was again bounced.  I emailed from my work email and it went through, so that works for email and fax.  I again requested that someone get my home email "approved" so I can use it in the future.

I mailed all the information to HAL for the OBC for upcoming Alaska Cruise and asked for an email reply when they get it.  That was 2 weeks ago.  I got the email today saying they received it and the OBC would be applied to our upcoming cruise.  Snail Mail does work....I personally take it inside the post office and drop it in the slot.

• Like 3

I faxed my info for Stock holders credit yesterday and have not received an email yet.  Is there a place on the web site that would show if the credit has been applied.  I was not able to find anything about it when I signed in?  Thank you in advance if you can help me.

1 hour ago, Luvtennis6060 said:

I faxed my info for Stock holders credit yesterday and have not received an email yet.  Is there a place on the web site that would show if the credit has been applied.  I was not able to find anything about it when I signed in?  Thank you in advance if you can help me.

If you booked with HAL, you can log in and go to “make a payment” and it will show the OBC you have from HAL.

If you used a TA, you can’t see it.  You can give them a dingle and ask it’s now showing on your confirmation.

Or, just call World Cruise Department and ask them if they have received it and when you will receive the confirming email.

They are usually pretty quick but they could well be swamped with requests with cruises starting back up?  Just a guess.

So here is a tail of some humor (humour for you Brits).  A couple of weeks ago we faxed in a shareholder request to Seabourn (a company also owned by CCL) which is a normal procedure to obtain the credit.  We received no response and no indication a credit was ever granted so last week we asked our cruise agent to follow-up (when she had some time) with Seabourn.  Today my cruise agent e-mailed me that she had talked to Seabourn who told her the Fax machine is in their main office which has been closed for a long time.  The Seabourn suggestion was that we e-mail our shareholder request (with the back up attachments) which we did this afternoon.  The credit was approved within a few hours 🙂 but not until after we received a "robotic" e-mail response saying it could take 10-14 days to respond to an e-mail.

I mention this because we all need to be cognizant that COVID has changed many things and sometimes it is difficult to know the best way to deal with issues other then patience and double checking are important steps in any transaction.

Hank

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Fax machine is in their main office which has been

The HAL fax machine was the only fax machine I have encountered in over 5 years.  Thank goodness they changed that. I was having to forward my info to the TA to fax.  I look forward to emailing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

The HAL fax machine was the only fax machine I have encountered in over 5 years.  Thank goodness they changed that. I was having to forward my info to the TA to fax.  I look forward to emailing.  

ROFL.  A few years ago I recall being shocked that some cruise lines would only accept faxes or snail mail.  My computer printer can do it all but I so seldom Fax that I need to look at the manual when I do the deed :).  E-mail is certainly better, but then this ole guy has to figure out how to scan docs into PDF files and attach to e-mails.  There are times when I need my 4 year old Grandson :).

Hank

• Like 1

When I talked to a woman in the HAL office on Friday about sending documents she still firmly suggested using a fax instead of email.  Fortunately, my cousin has a fax machine for his business.  

So, Sunday evening I faxed all the info for the two cruises I have booked, Oct 2021 and Jun 2022.  Received email mid-afternoon Monday stating OBC approved shortly followed by a revised confirmation of booking for each cruise.

Ok, from the youngster in the room, 64+ (HaHa). If you don't want to scan or know how to scan:  Lay the document on your desk, pull out your phone and take a picture.  Send the picture.  

• Haha 1

Yes, but there's a trick to taking a decent enough cell pic that it's legible!

I'm a CPA and it seems many of our clients now want to just take these snaps and forward them to us.  Sadly, many people hold the phone about 5 feet away at a 45 degree angle and it ends up being illegible.

So, not terribly helpful when trying to get those numbers into a tax return!

I imagine that may people would do the same when submitting their documentation for this purpose.

There are free apps out there that will convert your phone's pic to a pdf.  We recommend clients do that.  As a pdf, we can then use a "convert" function within the pdf program that can enhance and de-skew the doc.

But, it's just much easier if people download the doc from whatever site and upload/fax/email to us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

But, it's just much easier if people download the doc from whatever site and upload/fax/email to us.

that doesn’t work so well for the CCL OBC request since here is certain information that has be not shown.

So IMO a person has no choice but to print it off, delete the info, take a pic and convert it to PDF.  Easy enough to do.