Actual Booking Terms You Must Agree to in Order to Sail June 26th

gotrichard

37 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

As of yesterday, the most recent changes in the CDC’s dropping masking requirements on vaccinated cruises was literally less than 24 hours old. I doubt that Celebrity had or has had time to process and absorb that, let alone decide what they wanted to do and train their call center agents on it. 

Fain has already commented on this in his last video.  He does NOT believe masks are necessary once fully vaccinated.  The CDC now says the same thing.  I think they are in alignment so I don't see any reason why Celebrity would be mandating masks for fully vaccinated sailings. 

27 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Fain has already commented on this in his last video.  He does NOT believe masks are necessary once fully vaccinated.  The CDC now says the same thing.  I think they are in alignment so I don't see any reason why Celebrity would be mandating masks for fully vaccinated sailings. 

Yeah this.  I am just waiting to know when they will actually validate vaccination status.  Will they do it on some federal property in or near the terminal or over the internet in advance of the cruise.  I haven't seen anything on when they will do this.  If someone has information on when vaccination status is requested by Celebrity please post it here.

I think the medical exemption for the Florida vaccination check is the most likely scenario.  The ships medical staff will incorporate the vaccination question into a new health questionnaire to determine if you are fit to sail.  Medical professionals are permitted to inquire about your vaccination status. 

• Like 1

What is the requirement for embarkation? Are they are they requiring a covid test?  

Same for disembarkation- are you being tested before you get off?

The celebrity FAQ said that for cruises longer than 4 days. covid testing will occur the 3rd day before disembarkation.

I really want to cruise but don't want to worry about a possible positive test (false positive or actual positive)- we are vaccinated...

16 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

Absolutely agree. This is undoubtedly the view of the big dogs at Royal Caribbean Group, and fairly obvious to those of us who are eagerly following news, getting inside info from TA communications, etc. The last people on earth who will have current information on what's going on will be the call center agents.

On a fully vaccinated ship, who cares if there is a positive test?  That's the point of the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't stop people from getting the virus, it reduces or eliminates the effects.  The vast majority of the population was already largely immune to it anyway.

34 minutes ago, MrCoachRentz said:

On a fully vaccinated ship, who cares if there is a positive test?  That's the point of the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't stop people from getting the virus, it reduces or eliminates the effects.  The vast majority of the population was already largely immune to it anyway.

If you take the time to read the many threads on the subject, you'll see why people care.

Could you cite any recognized study that concludes that the vast majority of the world's population is largely immune to COVID-19? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

If you take the time to read the many threads on the subject, you'll see why people care.

Could you cite any recognized study that concludes that the vast majority of the world's population is largely immune to COVID-19? 

I think what this poster is saying is that for the VAST majority, the body is able to deal with COVID quite easily (mild to moderate symptoms like a cold/flu and sometimes not even that).  Obviously, that is not true for everyone (especially vulnerable/at-risk populations) hence the problem that COVID posed to society. 

32 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I think what this poster is saying is that for the VAST majority, the body is able to deal with COVID quite easily (mild to moderate symptoms like a cold/flu and sometimes not even that).  Obviously, that is not true for everyone (especially vulnerable/at-risk populations) hence the problem that COVID posed to society. 

The body being immune and the body being able to "deal with" COVID are two very different things. Tell the over 170 million people who have caught COVID and the families of the 3.4 million people who have died from it that the vast majority of people are immune.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fouremco said:

The body being immune and the body being able to "deal with" COVID are two very different things. Tell the over 170 million people who have caught COVID and the families of the 3.4 million people who have died from it that the vast majority of people are immune.

I am not sure why you choose to take this argument anywhere other than the simple fact that this virus has an infection fatality rate between 0.3% and 0.7%. That means that around 99.5% of those who contract this virus survive due to the body's ability to fight this virus off with its own immune system. Now, with that said, a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate is still VERY serious!  If all 7.5B people on Earth contracted COVID-19, 37M people would die from it. That would be the equivalent of every person in the state of CA dying. That is certainly no laughing matter. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of humans have the ability to deal with COVID and survive. Siting these figures isn't positive or negative... it is just what it is.  Lastly, the original poster said "largely immune" which may have some truth.  Our bodies have dealt with Coronaviruses since we were born.  Our immune systems have seen similar viruses before.  We therefore are able to fight an immune response to a virus like COVID-19, albeit not as well as other viruses since this one is largely new to us. 

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:53 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I would not see the need on a fully vaccinated ship....no where around where I live is requiring masks...

Wow I’m actually amazed by that, has everyone been vaccinated ?

6 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

I am not sure why you choose to take this argument anywhere other than the simple fact that this virus has an infection fatality rate between 0.3% and 0.7%. That means that around 99.5% of those who contract this virus survive due to the body's ability to fight this virus off with its own immune system. Now, with that said, a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate is still VERY serious!  If all 7.5B people on Earth contracted COVID-19, 37M people would die from it. That would be the equivalent of every person in the state of CA dying. That is certainly no laughing matter. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of humans have the ability to deal with COVID and survive. Siting these figures isn't positive or negative... it is just what it is.  Lastly, the original poster said "largely immune" which may have some truth.  Our bodies have dealt with Coronaviruses since we were born.  Our immune systems have seen similar viruses before.  We therefore are able to fight an immune response to a virus like COVID-19, albeit not as well as other viruses since this one is largely new to us. 

What about the large percentage of individuals who survive but have long Covid ? It’s not as simple as survive or not, ability to deal with it or not. It’s complete nonsense to suggest the vast majority of people in the world are ‘largely immune” You either have the ability to catch it or you don’t. Your bodies ability to fight it does not make you immune.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 2

For those familiar with the Florida law.... does it ban asking if you have been vaccinated or asking for proof that you have been vaccinated? Looking at this contract verbiage it looks like they are essentially saying... we are going to ask you about this... please tell the truth because our insurance company... the one that covers your care on ship...should you get Covid... requires this and if it turns out that you have lied... well the cruise lines insurance will not cover that care..... suggesting the passenger will be footing the bill.  Okay ...I am reading between the lines...perhaps reading too much between the lines...but I recalled that when booking...they would take care of you on the ship if you got covid.... below is a screen shot of that from the website. I am wondering if this long legal wording is away to avoid the vaccine passport controversy...while making it clear as mud..that if you get sick and have lied... you may have a big bill.  Anyone who know contract law and Florida passport ban law... have any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 8.18.54 AM.png

• Like 1

I was hoping that the contract language was a way to get around vaccine passport ban...but I see that the website for Celebrity ..still calls for proof of vaccination... so...unless they plan on modifying that.. I guess I was being too optimistic that they had found a clever way to avoid documentation...

I feel there is no need to speculate what will be the protocols on the Celebrity 6/26/2021 sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.  All you have to do is call Celebrity like I did and they will tell you. After all, cruises sailing from Florida at this time can not ask your vaccination status (or discriminate ... meaning keep you from sailing) if you have not been vaccinated. Therefore, this cruise will be sailing with non-vaccinated CDC protocols.

31 minutes ago, Empehi said:

I feel there is no need to speculate what will be the protocols on the Celebrity 6/26/2021 sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.  All you have to do is call Celebrity like I did and they will tell you. After all, cruises sailing from Florida at this time can not ask your vaccination status (or discriminate ... meaning keep you from sailing) if you have not been vaccinated. Therefore, this cruise will be sailing with non-vaccinated CDC protocols.

Sorry, but nearly everything about your post here is incorrect. First of all, the call agents answering the phone are not kept well-informed, let alone clairvoyant about a very rapidly evolving situation. Richard Fain and the CDC have both made statements about what it is expected to be like on a fully vaxed ship, and that's in contradiction to what you were told by a front line agent.

Further, if the standoff regarding compliance with Florida law prohibiting businesses from refusing to deliver services to someone based on vax status cannot be resolved by sail time, then the cruise won't happen. Celebrity can't just say, oh well, we will follow non-vaccinated CDC protocols and sail anyway. They have other steps such as test sailings that would have to happen.

As an aside, since you specifically brought up the 6/26/2021 sailing, the Florida law doesn't apply to that sailing at time of embarkation. It's a further muddled situation.

I am certainly not saying *I* know what the protocol impacts will be. My point is that this is changing every single day, so nobody knows with a high degree of certainty. But the most educated guess is what Celebrity leadership and the CDC is saying. The least educated guess are the front line call agents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

Sorry, but talking to a call center rep is not going to get you any new insight in to what’s going on. They’re reading from a script. They won’t release or say anything until it’s made public on the X website because they can’t and/or don’t know anything else.  

The intent on vaccines, etc being relayed here is mostly coming from Celebrity leadership to TA’s that make a living selling these cruises. I’ll take an SVP’s word over the customer service rep. 

They'll sail.  You'll have to upload/download proof of COVID vaccination (probably in the form of your CDC COVID vaccine card), which the State of Fl can not prevent them from doing.  I'm taking my CDC card with me to show any other port areas that they may be required.

But, FL has no jurisdiction over internet uploads or downloads.  So, regardless of all the bluster, either everyone, or 95% of passengers will have to be fully COVID vaccinated.  The other 5% who aren't vaccinated will have to wear a mask and socially distance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

My only point is that if the vast majority of the world's population was truly immune to this disease, there would never have been a pandemic and there would have been no need to develop vaccinations to provide immunity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

FL has no jurisdiction over internet uploads or downloads.  So, regardless of all the bluster, either everyone, or 95% of passengers will have to be fully COVID vaccinated.  The other 5% who aren't vaccinated will have to wear a mask and socially distance.

I am sure you'll agree that you are also speculating, and I also think the Edge cruises will sail.

Having said that, the Florida law bans refusing boarding to someone who has not provided proof of vaccination or has not asserted that they have been. It isn't strictly about the "asking" or the "providing" of proof, or how that proof is provided. It is about barring passage to someone who hasn't done so.

Again, though, I have a feeling/speculation that Florida will suddenly find an interpretation that will allow the sailings. 

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Empehi said:

No, no, no!!!!

First, you need to actually read the Florida Executive Order and law that includes a loophole for requiring vaccinations and proof of vaccinations.

Second, you need to check the June 26 itinerary and look at the requirements for the Bahamas where the cruise is porting on Day 6.

Celebrity can ask for vaccination information and proof of vaccination at embarkation to meet the requirements of the Bahamian Health Visa.

The testing and submission logistics for non-vaccinated visitors would be difficult to meet on this cruise itinerary.