Actual Booking Terms You Must Agree to in Order to Sail June 26th

gotrichard

The below was taken directly from the booking confirmation page from Edge June Sailing. You MUST agree to all this to book. All of this is LEGALLY binding!

COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Passenger understands that Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) providing an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any and all health or travel-related questions as required by Carrier in its sole discretion, for each Passenger prior to boarding; (2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Passenger; (3) modified capacity rules for activities (including but not limited to restaurants, gyms, and entertainment events onboard and for shore excursions) which may limit or eliminate the ability of Passenger to participate in particular activities; (4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions; (7) mandatory hand-sanitizing by Passenger upon entry or exit of any public areas; (8) confinement of Passengers to cabins, quarantine or emergency disembarkation of Passenger if, in Carrier’s sole discretion, such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19; (9) the required completion by Passenger in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carrier to carry out its COVID-19 Policies and Procedures (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), and; (10) other policies and procedures deemed by Carrier in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. Passenger acknowledges that: (i) Carrier’s Privacy Policy for Health Protection Measures (“Health Privacy Policy”) is an integral part of Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures; (ii) the Health Privacy Policy has been made available to Passenger; and (iii) Passenger agrees to the terms of the Health Privacy Policy.

• Like 1

I will wait.  After 57 cruises i ve been blessed.   I understand if some want to go now but i’m not putting my family at risk.  Next year is in the cards for us but not now.  All the best to those that sail though. Thank you for posting that information. 

• Like 3

So if a guest would disagree with this agreement,  they would not be able to sail? Will the guest get the same credit/cash payment offerings as if ship was cancelled ie. FCC, Cash .... full refund  of cruise fee & downpayment since this is a change of rules since original payment 

If I'm not mistaken, the 6/26 sailing just opened for booking so these are the terms you must agree to in order to book.  

I haven't seen any info on when/if previously booked cruises start sailing how they will handle the change in terms & conditions.  

• Like 1

Keep in mind these agreements will always insulate the cruise line, not you, to the highest level possible and provide language that they can change pretty much anything and everything they want at any time they want for any reason they want. It sounds scary but if you read the pre-COVID contract it's not that much different.  The details even for the June Edge sailings are not set in stone yet.  

For instance even though it says face coverings are mandatory we know they are very unlikely to require it on fully vaccinated sailings. But if a situation arrises where it's necessary, you've agreed to do so.

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 3

On 5/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, gotrichard said:

The below was taken directly from the booking confirmation page from Edge June Sailing. You MUST agree to all this to book. All of this is LEGALLY binding!

COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Passenger understands that Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) providing an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any and all health or travel-related questions as required by Carrier in its sole discretion, for each Passenger prior to boarding; (2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Passenger; (3) modified capacity rules for activities (including but not limited to restaurants, gyms, and entertainment events onboard and for shore excursions) which may limit or eliminate the ability of Passenger to participate in particular activities; (4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions; (7) mandatory hand-sanitizing by Passenger upon entry or exit of any public areas; (8) confinement of Passengers to cabins, quarantine or emergency disembarkation of Passenger if, in Carrier’s sole discretion, such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19; (9) the required completion by Passenger in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carrier to carry out its COVID-19 Policies and Procedures (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), and; (10) other policies and procedures deemed by Carrier in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. Passenger acknowledges that: (i) Carrier’s Privacy Policy for Health Protection Measures (“Health Privacy Policy”) is an integral part of Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures; (ii) the Health Privacy Policy has been made available to Passenger; and (iii) Passenger agrees to the terms of the Health Privacy Policy.

Looks like a pretty standard contract???  Nothing seems really surprising unless you've been living in the woods for the past year and a half and haven't heard of COVID?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

For instance even though it says face coverings are mandatory we know they are very unlikely to require it on fully vaccinated sailings. But if a situation arrises where it's necessary, you've agreed to do so.

I would expect them to be mandatory everywhere inside the ship unless seated for eating and drinking

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

I would expect them to be mandatory everywhere inside the ship unless seated for eating and drinking

I would not see the need on a fully vaccinated ship....no where around where I live is requiring masks...

• Like 2

" Passenger understands that Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may or will include (but are not be limited to):"

That word "may" is important. Gives an out and a place to evolve from when it comes to what will  actually be active policy over time re: fully vacc'd or 95% vacc'd ships. 

• Like 3

No matter how strict the protocols are at this point .... if the cruise lines test multiple times during a cruise, COVID will eventually be discovered .... either asymptomatic, mild or false positive. Then what?

If this happens repeatedly on sailings what will be the answer?

For now, I'll pass on cruising until we see how the cruise lines ( and the port stops) react when COVID is discovered onboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would not see the need on a fully vaccinated ship....no where around where I live is requiring masks...

Everywhere around where I live requires masks indoors unless seated for eating and drinking. We also have very high vaccination rates. Of course there is a need for the foreseeable future, vaccine stops you getting seriously ill but doesn't totally halt the spread.

I think the key for these first cruises, particularly with masks, if you're fully vaccinated, masks are not required.  If you are one of the 5% who aren't vaccinated, you'll be required to wear a mask and socially distance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I think the key for these first cruises, particularly with masks, if you're fully vaccinated, masks are not required.  If you are one of the 5% who aren't vaccinated, you'll be required to wear a mask and socially distance.

I think the CDC said this week that if the ship is at 95/98% fully vaccinated passengers and crew then masks and social distancing are not required for anyone, at the discretion of the cruise lines.  Anything outside that 5% factor will be considered an unvaccinated/mixed cruise, then you get into everyone having to abide by restrictions or setting up separate areas for vaxxed passengers where restrictions would not apply. Don’t see either of those two things going over well. 

• Like 1

This, like anything else in the contract for carriage, allows Celebrity to do these things if deemed necessary. No one would ever sail again if everything they reserve the right to do actually happened.

Re mask wearing, the CDC has made it clear that for 95% vaxed cruises, no masks are necessary anywhere on board unless the cruise line wants to require them  

Edited by publicpersona

I called Celebrity yesterday to look into booking the June 26th cruise and was told that 1. All cruisers had to be vaccinated (although the State of Florida said they will be fined $5000 per person if this is a requirement for this cruise and 2.  All cruiser will have to wear masks except in their room or when eating or drinking.

2 hours ago, Empehi said:

No matter how strict the protocols are at this point .... if the cruise lines test multiple times during a cruise, COVID will eventually be discovered .... either asymptomatic, mild or false positive. Then what?

If this happens repeatedly on sailings what will be the answer?

For now, I'll pass on cruising until we see how the cruise lines ( and the port stops) react when COVID is discovered onboard.

I know these terms highlight the possibility of testing during the cruise but I don't think that testing is actually planned to take place throughout the cruises. I think it's just prior to boarding. The cynic in me would guess that cruise lines would prefer not to do any testing during a cruise for the very reason you stated, that it's quite possible they might find one case onboard and regardless of basically everyone onboard being vaccinated it could still shut the whole sailing down and lead to lots of bad press.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Empehi said:

I called Celebrity yesterday to look into booking the June 26th cruise and was told that 1. All cruisers had to be vaccinated (although the State of Florida said they will be fined $5000 per person if this is a requirement for this cruise and 2.  All cruiser will have to wear masks except in their room or when eating or drinking.

Royal Caribbean mgt. is as dumb as a box of rocks. It's almost as if CA Governor Newsom is writing these policies.  Everyone has to be vaxxed but everyone has to wear a mask all the time outside the cabin. And people are paying for this? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Empehi said:

As of yesterday, the most recent changes in the CDC’s dropping masking requirements on vaccinated cruises was literally less than 24 hours old. I doubt that Celebrity had or has had time to process and absorb that, let alone decide what they wanted to do and train their call center agents on it. 

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 2