So what about the rest of the fleet ???

ipeeinthepool

I just got the letter from LLP where she says

"With this news today, 8 of our 15 ships have plans to return to sailing in 2021 in the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos and Alaska"

So will the rest of the fleet sail in 2021?   So there are no plans for the Beyond, Equinox, Infinity, Solstice, Eclipse or Reflection.  The Beyond isn't ready,  but I wonder when they plan on providing schedules for the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

"With this news today, 8 of our 15 ships have plans to return to sailing in 2021 in the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos and Alaska"

So will the rest of the fleet sail in 2021?   So there are no plans for the Beyond, Equinox, Infinity, Solstice, Eclipse or Reflection.  The Beyond isn't ready,  but I wonder when they plan on providing schedules for the rest of the fleet.

I agree. We are still booked on Infinity in July. Waiting for cancellation….

30 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Beyond isn't completed yet and won't be until 2022. Cruise are on sale. 

Equinox starts Caribbean sailings on July 18th.

Solstice/Eclipse/Infinity are question marks. Potentially on hold for several months.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding Reflection to see if they have demand to open up more Caribbean sailings earlier than initially scheduled.

We're still planning for Equinox on 8/27 to the point that we've made our hotel reservations.  Hopefully, Online Check-In will be available this Saturday.  I say hopefully because I've seen a couple of posts from people with earlier bookings who haven't been able to do OCI.  I'm also interested to see if there is a section like Proof of Vaccination.  

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think the Equinox is on the schedule in Oct or November.....oops, even earlier...I should read the replies before posting.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

10 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I think the Equinox is on the schedule in Oct or November.....oops, even earlier...I should read the replies before posting.  

I think Equinox is in Port Everglades today - hard to tell on the webcam.  Edge was there yesterday.  They've both been in and out a few times for the past week or so.

26 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I think Equinox is in Port Everglades today - hard to tell on the webcam.  Edge was there yesterday.  They've both been in and out a few times for the past week or so.

Celebrity Summit is in PE today.

mac_tlc

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Celebrity Summit is in PE today.

mac_tlc

Couldn't tell from the webcam angle - thought it might have been a little small for Equinox.  BTW, I poked around a little and it looks like SS is only an option through August so far.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Couldn't tell from the webcam angle - thought it might have been a little small for Equinox.  BTW, I poked around a little and it looks like SS is only an option through August so far.

When they introduced AI, they did indicate that SS would be within 90 days of sailing. Maybe that’s why.

mac_tlc

Constellation has stayed in Greece since her summer sailings were cancelled.   Providing the CSO is allowed to expire on Nov 1 I expect that the full Caribbean season will proceed as planned providing there are no disasters in the restart and demand is truly there to fill the berths.

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

When they introduced AI, they did indicate that SS would be within 90 days of sailing. Maybe that’s why.

mac_tlc

Makes sense.  Our 8/27 on Equinox is 91 days out so only shows with AI.  Curious to see if it shows as SS come Saturday.  Ours is a lift & shift from a cancelation and we have a great deal - just playing the comparisongame.

I believe the recent CDC negotiations have removed the 7 day limit at the same time the B2B limit was lifted.   Equinox has 9/12 day sailings scheduled starting in August.

If your looking for a canal transit keep your eye on the Summit repositioning from Seattle to Miami in September.  16 night, we did one similar on Infinity in 2009 and it was wonderful!

They listed it on the new Alaska deployment schedule but last I checked it wasn't open for booking.

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe the recent CDC negotiations have removed the 7 day limit at the same time the B2B limit was lifted.   Equinox has 9/12 day sailings scheduled starting in August.

If your looking for a canal transit keep your eye on the Summit repositioning from Seattle to Miami in September.  16 night, we did one similar on Infinity in 2009 and it was wonderful!

They listed it on the new Alaska deployment schedule but last I checked it wasn't open for booking.

I hope your right, but I haven't seen the 7 day limit information posted anywhere.  I think the Summit would be a good choice if the price was right.  Someone showed a Summit repositioning cruise for September 24, but prices haven't been released.  Unfortunately I have a hard conflict on October 2, so the Summit isn't an option for me.  I am currently booked on the eastbound Millennium canal cruise on October 27.  

Last I checked, which was a few weeks ago, Solstice was still in Singapore. The schedule appears to start for that ship in Japan in September 2021.

We are booked on the Solstice transpacific in April 2022, so I was curious about where they’d left the ship.

Stay posted as Celebrity sailings from Florida ports are in jeopardy because of Ron DeSantis' opposition to the vax requirement.

In an emailed response on Thursday to questions from TPG, DeSantis press secretary Christina Pushaw suggested vaccine requirements for sailings that Celebrity Cruises announced Wednesday as part of a plan to restart cruising from Florida on June 26 are in violation of Florida law, and the line could face massive fines if it moves forward with the requirements.

More will be revealed....

10 hours ago, evandbob said:

Stay posted as Celebrity sailings from Florida ports are in jeopardy because of Ron DeSantis' opposition to the vax requirement.

In an emailed response on Thursday to questions from TPG, DeSantis press secretary Christina Pushaw suggested vaccine requirements for sailings that Celebrity Cruises announced Wednesday as part of a plan to restart cruising from Florida on June 26 are in violation of Florida law, and the line could face massive fines if it moves forward with the requirements.

More will be revealed....

Nope.   This won't be a problem.   

23 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

I agree. We are still booked on Infinity in July. Waiting for cancellation….

We are scheduled on the Infinity for Aug. 9, 2021 from VCE to Barcelona.  FP was due May 11 and my X cruise planned advised us NOT to pay the FP.  Our booking is still intact.  So we are waiting for this cruise to be canceled by X per our cruise planner.  

On 5/27/2021 at 4:50 PM, upwarduk said:

All the ships that you mention are due for delayed dry docks.

But Solstice, Eclipse, Infinity have been in dry dock this year for re-certification work and their new paint work. Equinox and Reflection are not required yet and Constellation (as that's not mentioned) goes into dry dock in July.