Which are the first MSC going out of the US? And out of Florida in particular?

rabidstoat

I have a cruise booked out of Orlando on October 17, with final payment due July 17. Before I decide if I'm going or not I had hoped to see how other MSC cruises out of the US (and Florida in particular) are doing. 

Does anyone know which are the first US cruises for MSC? When they're departing and out of which ports? 

From what I can tell MSC is not going to require vaccinations. Though I think Carnival and Royal just flip-flopped on their vaccination stances (Carnival now requiring them and Royal not) so I imagine in the US cruising start-up things will be in flux and prone to changes. Which includes changes to whatever I observe in the earlier MSC cruises, I figure, but some data is better than no data.

Nope, not out of Port Canaveral, they are building a canal special for me so neener neener! 

Er, yes, out of Cape Canaveral, most cruise lines (including MSC) just call it Orlando for shorthand.

• Like 4

Both Meraviglia and Armonia have spent time at Miami, presumably for crew vaccinations and perhaps further crew arrivals.  When not in port they are not too far away.  I'm guessing they will be the first to sail.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Both Meraviglia and Armonia have spent time at Miami, presumably for crew vaccinations and perhaps further crew arrivals.  When not in port they are not too far away.  I'm guessing they will be the first to sail.

I have a sort of back to back on those two ships, in August. An overnight between cruises. Both my son and I are fully vaccinated so if vaccinations are required I'm fine with that. I'd actually prefer requirements.

• Like 1

MSC have been given the go ahead for trial cruises which means they will carry people who have not had the jab as well as those who have, same as in the UK and Europe.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

MSC have been given the go ahead for trial cruises which means they will carry people who have not had the jab as well as those who have, same as in the UK and Europe.

I'm wondering if the 'rules' on board will be the same for both vaccinated and unvaccinated. Will everyone have to wear masks indoors and social distance? And if so, will there be 'vaccinated only' places where vaccinated folks can go without masks indoors? 

I'm also wondering how things will work out if there are capacity limits and social distancing and the capacity of the ship is kept the same. Will they have 4pm dinner seatings to accommodate the social distancing? Will people have to book elevators in advance if they want to use one? Are they definitely only allowing for MSC shore excursions and no private port explorations? 

15 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

I have a cruise booked out of Orlando on October 17, with final payment due July 17. Before I decide if I'm going or not I had hoped to see how other MSC cruises out of the US (and Florida in particular) are doing. 

Does anyone know which are the first US cruises for MSC? When they're departing and out of which ports? 

From what I can tell MSC is not going to require vaccinations. Though I think Carnival and Royal just flip-flopped on their vaccination stances (Carnival now requiring them and Royal not) so I imagine in the US cruising start-up things will be in flux and prone to changes. Which includes changes to whatever I observe in the earlier MSC cruises, I figure, but some data is better than no data.

We are on the Oct 17 cruise as well.  Last I checked the Divina was still in the Mediterranean.  Hope MSC gets going soon for US sailings.

Edited by KennyFla

22 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Armonia again arrived in the Port of Miami this afternoon and is docked.  Meraviglia appears anchored offshore.  

It would certainly be appreciated by this cruiser if the cruise lines--any or all of them--would issue a press release as to what is taking place when these ships are in port.  Nieuw Statendam is again docked at Port Everglades after having been there not that long ago.  

• Like 1

I just flew out of Miami earlier today. Armonia and Meraviglia where both bobbing offshore just off Government Cut around noon. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Armonia again arrived in the Port of Miami this afternoon and is docked.  Meraviglia appears anchored offshore.  

It would certainly be appreciated by this cruiser if the cruise lines--any or all of them--would issue a press release as to what is taking place when these ships are in port.  Nieuw Statendam is again docked at Port Everglades after having been there not that long ago.  

Crew are boarding at and having the jab plus taking on supplies.

• Like 2

Meraviglia test sailing on July 17. Planned restart date of August 2 with 3 and 4 night cruises to the Bahamas and Ocean Cay. 7 night cruises resuming September 18. 

Divina will sail 3 and 4 night cruises from PC starting on September 16. 

No vaccines required. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

41 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Meraviglia test sailing on July 17. Planned restart date of August 2 with 3 and 4 night cruises to the Bahamas and Ocean Cay. 7 night cruises resuming September 18. 

Divina will sail 3 and 4 night cruises from PC starting on September 16. 

No vaccines required. 

I am on the Divinia for July 11 out of PC and haven’t heard if it is Canceled yet. 😭

4 hours ago, sidari said:

May be an image of text

I currently have four day Armonia that matches exactly what MSC states for Aug 2 by itinerary, etc. Only difference is ship would be Meraviglia (which I am scheduled for Aug 7 to San Juan, etc 7 days). If all above holds true I hope they just switch ships and we can at least keep one reservation and give refund for other trip.

20 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Hilarious how many people are reading this halfway through and just taking away from it that NO VACCINES REQUIRED,WOO HOO!!  

Read, people.  The whole thing.

WOO HOO, no vaccines, I win!

😉

10 hours ago, dexddd said:

...is Ruben a new MSC US President?

Officially I think Rubin Rodriguez, who started in Feb, 2020, is referred to as a Chairman (Chief Executive) for USA, I'm not sure if the plan is to eventually replace Richard Sasso or not.   MSC Cruises has not updated their corporate info in quite a while.

• Like 1

August booking are officially down for US on msccruises.com. I called MSC today to ask if my current August 2 cruise I have on Armonia would just have a change of ship to Meraviglia. All agent could say was wait for email, he had no information about keeping current bookings that may match switch. Currently Aug 2 is a four day cruise to their Island and Bahamas.

If they go with idea of no vaccine I hope they have areas for No Vaccine and Vaccine and our card has something to show vaccine or not.

Hopefully with larger ship they can pull this off. They have YC specific places why not no vaccine and limit number of passengers for one of thier types (vaccine or no vaccine). Basically non vacinnated needs mask evrywher on ship, except where they eat together, vacinnatted does not need masks, sort of two ships on one. If someone breaks rules throw them overboard.

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

WOO HOO, no vaccines, I win!

😉

Good wishes for your choice of no vaccines.  My choice for my next cruise in the near future will not include one on a MSC vessel.