Which are the first MSC going out of the US? And out of Florida in particular?

rabidstoat

On 6/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, sidari said:

May be an image of text

__________________________________________________________________________________________

There is more to this that is interesting for people like me that have a cruise being cancelled.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• Cruises onboard MSC Divina from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 15, 2021
  • Cruises onboard MSC Meraviglia from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 17, 2021
  • Cruises onboard MSC Armonia from July 1, 2021 through to and including October 24, 2021

Guests booked on the impacted sailings have the unique opportunity to easily rebook on one of MSC Cruises’ first sailings from the U.S. on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina, open for sale on June 16, 2021,or on the brand new MSC Seashore, arriving to Miami this November. Guests impacted by these cancellations  and who have paid in full and booked through MSC Cruises USA or affiliated U.S.-based travel advisors — will be offered a 100 percent future cruise credit (FCC) of the original cruise fare and up to $200 onboard credit, depending on the length of the original cruise. The FCC and onboard credit can be used on any future cruise of choice — on any ship, and any itinerary that is open for sale – or guests can request a refund if they prefer.  For additional details, guests should contact their travel advisor or MSC Cruises directly.

Wait ... what?!  

So my email says they are pleased to announce a series of cruises from Miami and Port Canaveral beginning this summer ... and then in the next sentence they say they have cancelled the cruises July thru Sept. 15.

Are July and August not part of summer? Is late September considered summer now?

My Sept. 12 cruise out of Port Canaveral is cancelled, but somehow Sept. 19 is OK?

The email also states if I want a refund instead of a FCC, I have to wait until July 28 to even request it, much less receive it.

They have "cancelled" all original cruises through mid Sept/Oct and remade new cruises with different schedules to replace them. It sounds like those displaced customers get first dibs at the new schedules.

My idea to book a November cruise looks like a better and better idea every day.

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

They have "cancelled" all original cruises through mid Sept/Oct and remade new cruises with different schedules to replace them. It sounds like those displaced customers get first dibs at the new schedules.

My idea to book a November cruise looks like a better and better idea every day.

Same here. We decided to “push” ours from October to mid November a few months ago.

Edited by phissy

Then you will sail from somewhere other than Florida ports.  To my knowledge, our governor has FORBIDDEN cruise lines from requiring proof of vaccination.

I too have just had a cruise cancelled--one day after I paid the final payment!

1 hour ago, brandy3415 said:

Then you will sail from somewhere other than Florida ports.  To my knowledge, our governor has FORBIDDEN cruise lines from requiring proof of vaccination.

I too have just had a cruise cancelled--one day after I paid the final payment!

Sorry this is not true....the Gov Desantis of Florida did sign a law last week stating no one can ask if a person has been vaccinated.

NCL is not only fighting this law but also going to sidestep it according to today's news.  NCL is also threatening to pull the line out of Florida if things don't go their way.

The Governor is a complete incompetent to begin with.  The state is a mess w crime  rates skyrocketing, especially in Miami( we're talking murders, robberies, drugs, assaults etc).

There is a shortage of workers & those that do want to go back to work, whether for the cruise industry or otherwise, won't stand for the Governors Bullying.

MSC is smarter & certainly more savvy than the florida politicians...MSC will figure it out.

• Like 3

If the cruise lines got together, with NCL and all pulled out of Florida, it would be interesting how Governor Mini Me would explain that to the 100,000 people employed in some way connected to the cruise industry.

• Like 2

THERE'S nothing more spectacular than sailing from the WESTSIDE PIERS IN MANHATTAN...as you sail down the Hudson you'll experience history, the best in architecture, natural beauty, THE STAUE OF LIBERTY  & the thrill of passing under the VERRAZANO BRIDGE...all the while nursing a 🍸 🍹 🍸 😋  & dancing 💃 ala Italian style.

MSC come back to MANHATTAN

• Like 4

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Bring Armonia to Port of Baltimore.  The port is open, people are vaccinated and ready to sail.

I would go for that.

My daughter lives within driving distance of the port.

According to a recent conversation with her, Governor Hogan is pushing for cruises to resume from Baltimore and is not foolish enough to outlaw proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rotterdam said:

THERE'S nothing more spectacular than sailing from the WESTSIDE PIERS IN MANHATTAN...as you sail down the Hudson you'll experience history, the best in architecture, natural beauty, THE STAUE OF LIBERTY  & the thrill of passing under the VERRAZANO BRIDGE...all the while nursing a 🍸 🍹 🍸 😋  & dancing 💃 ala Italian style.

Another excellent option.

I would certainly enjoy looking at my alma mater "beautiful upon a hill, looking out to the sea."

And Governor Cuomo understands the need for vaccinations and proof of vaccinations.

• Like 3

I'm also waiting with bated breath to hear about our 9/19 cruise out of Port Canavaral on Divina.  It was booked as a 7 nighter.  I hope they aren't going to mess that up.  It's my 83rd birthday!!!   

2 hours ago, mimi7ccr said:

I'm also waiting with bated breath to hear about our 9/19 cruise out of Port Canavaral on Divina.  It was booked as a 7 nighter.  I hope they aren't going to mess that up.  It's my 83rd birthday!!!   

Well unless they make another change, as of now, looks like you'll be fine. Good luck to you!

12 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Bring Armonia to Port of Baltimore.  The port is open, people are vaccinated and ready to sail.

I like your suggestion!  Is Armonia able to sail under the bridges required in order to sail from Baltimore?  

16 hours ago, Rotterdam said:

speaking of crime rates....

8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Yes!

We both live in a region where getting to the Port of Baltimore is easier/quicker than getting to a Florida port.  

I sailed out of Baltimore once on Carnival Pride.  The Port was so easy to navigate and use.  (Just had to be careful of the police presence coming off I-95 onto the street leading to the Port.  The speed limit drops drastically, quickly!  And, when I did so, an Officer was waiting for the unwary.  Fortunately, I was at a legal speed.)  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:11 PM, MotownVoice said:

Hilarious how many people are reading this halfway through and just taking away from it that NO VACCINES REQUIRED,WOO HOO!!  

Read, people.  The whole thing.

Read the whole thing...what did I miss regarding the vaccine?  They are not requiring it but they anticipate that most passengers will have it.

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

They are not requiring it but they anticipate that most passengers will have it.

That is not sufficient for encouraging me to make a booking.  I want 100% vaccination of crew and guests.

When I taught, I anticipated that all of my students would pass whatever exam I gave them.  What do you think my "real world" experience was of that anticipation?  

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

That is not sufficient for encouraging me to make a booking.  I want 100% vaccination of crew and guests.

When I taught, I anticipated that all of my students would pass whatever exam I gave them.  What do you think my "real world" experience was of that anticipation?  

I guess I miss understood your post.  When you said people didn't read beyond the no vaccine requirement, I thought that meant there was something in the fine print that they weren't seeing.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, jules815 said:

Wait what? Isn't Mera starting 7 days in mid-September???

Yes it is (fingers crossed). I meant that rather than stress about when the cruise will happen, decided to book November as a realistic month for regular cruises. 

• Like 1