Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

Looking for a beach to go to in Grand Bahamas that we can rent chairs/umbrellas.  Lucayan does not offer day passes right now so we are trying to find a beach we can spend the day at.  If anyone on this cruise goes to the beach, not on a ship excursion, can you provide feedback?  I know you can rent a room at Lucayan, but it is super pricey, so we don't want that.  

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

That is tempting for our Sept Allure Port Canaveral, but thank goodness our buds from Tampa will drop us off at MCO..whew!  We have a 12:00 flight.

If we were in Port Canaveral, we would be enjoying a visit with my BIL and SIL — unfortunately we have no family or buds in Nassau

thanks for all the updates thought out your journey, many have lived vicariously through you and other bloggers this week!

Heard there are only 900 passengers for the 6/19 sailing, really makes me worry my Sept AOS will not happen, can’t imagine they can continue these sailings at that capacity to make it profitable…hopefully I’m wrong, I really need a cruise!

36 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Looking for a beach to go to in Grand Bahamas that we can rent chairs/umbrellas.  Lucayan does not offer day passes right now so we are trying to find a beach we can spend the day at.  If anyone on this cruise goes to the beach, not on a ship excursion, can you provide feedback?  I know you can rent a room at Lucayan, but it is super pricey, so we don't want that.  

Pirate Cove. This is a beach. It has sand. It has ocean. It was a ship shoreEx. Included Beach lunch (ribs, chicken, fried fish, rice and peas, pasta salad, green salad, cake with water/soda/rum punch. 

33E66D93-95E3-4F79-AD84-12C951E0AC00.jpeg

DBA61C3E-EEE9-4BA4-8ACE-9EB6BB60E2F6.jpeg

• Like 6

If you are a fan of Simply Dancing or Dancing with the Stars, you will love Invitation to Dance. High energy Latin song and dance at it’s best. Accompanied by the Adventure of the Seas band. 
8EDEE793-017C-4394-ABDC-67E9A2181E8A.thumb.jpeg.0778f7a2b6b9e216c8e9c77fa7a28c89.jpeg

9FB0C87A-C552-4B67-BDC9-4379AA477842.jpeg

85293BAF-127E-4C6C-A221-A3C2B6DE5686.jpeg

0B6696CE-B7D5-45E9-87C6-FDFA9FC28612.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pirate Cove. This is a beach. It has sand. It has ocean. It was a ship shoreEx. Included Beach lunch (ribs, chicken, fried fish, rice and peas, pasta salad, green salad, cake with water/soda/rum punch. 

33E66D93-95E3-4F79-AD84-12C951E0AC00.jpeg

DBA61C3E-EEE9-4BA4-8ACE-9EB6BB60E2F6.jpeg

Thanks, but we don't want a ship excursion.  We want to do our own thing.

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are a fan of Simply Dancing or Dancing with the Stars, you will love Invitation to Dance. High energy Latin song and dance at it’s best. Accompanied by the Adventure of the Seas band. 
8EDEE793-017C-4394-ABDC-67E9A2181E8A.thumb.jpeg.0778f7a2b6b9e216c8e9c77fa7a28c89.jpeg

That's been around forever 😉

• Like 1

Just wanted to say. Thank you for taking us on "Your Most Excellent Adventure".

Was getting tired of reading all the negative stuff that has been posted on these boards this past year.

Your posts have been a great read. And there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Is this the "All Inclusive" ShoreX? If so, it looks kind of Eh. Am I right? 

Thanks for sharing your cruise.  After cruising stopped due to COVID the hubby and I pretty much swear we would never cruise again but after seeing how Celebrity handled its 2 positive cases . And following along with you this week I just booked a cruise for November and surprising the hubby as Fathers Day birthday gift. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, eswort said:

thanks for all the updates thought out your journey, many have lived vicariously through you and other bloggers this week!

Heard there are only 900 passengers for the 6/19 sailing, really makes me worry my Sept AOS will not happen, can’t imagine they can continue these sailings at that capacity to make it profitable…hopefully I’m wrong, I really need a cruise!

They make nothing if it doesn't sail. In fact, less than nothing since there are still expenses.

11 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

They make nothing if it doesn't sail. In fact, less than nothing since there are still expenses.

The payoff from these cruises will come when and if they demonstrate that cruising is safe and the protocols effective.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JimVB said:

The payoff from these cruises will come when and if they demonstrate that cruising is safe and the protocols effective.

I totally agree. I was responding to the comment that Royal can't keep cruising with such small numbers of passengers--stands to reason if they don't, they will make nothing. This is a temporary thing. Once they show that cruising is safe and protocols effective they will start to increase the number of passengers.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

For those people that are thinking of bringing home onboard-purchased alcohol how will you do it? The Bahamian website said 2 liters are duty-free, but one of the bottles has to be from a local bottler. Is direct shipping to your home city an option onboard?

There is Duty Free and Customs allowances.   Most countries, if you are just transiting through and not staying overnight, will allow you to transit goods without paying duty.   Leaving you to deal with your own counties allowances.   Since transit through the Bahamas is new, I have no idea.   But usually if you get off the ship, proceed directly to the airport they would just consider you 'in transit'.   You might check when you get on board.    Duty-free refers to the act of being able to purchase and item without paying import, sales, value-added, or other taxes at the time of purchase. If you exceed custom allowances when you enter the US, you then have to pay the duty on the items not covered under your allowances.   For example, the US allows for 1 liter be be brought back duty free.   If you bring back 3... you pay the duty on the other 2.  Duty is determined by the proof and amount.    You can only bring back amounts for personal consumption and not for resale.   If you bring back a dozen bottles of wine they won't think twice.   Bring back a dozen cases and expect to have a discussion with an agent.   Duty is not as expensive as you think.   It runs about 3%.    I used to travel on a cruise to the Bahamas every December and bring back about 3 cases of assorted liquor for Christmas presents.   I would make a list of all the liquor, the cost of each bottle and the proof and present it at customs to pay the duty.   I can tell you it wasn't much and if it is under $25 they would usually wave me through.   They are very appreciative to have it listed and to have payment ready.  I always paid duty in cash, have no idea what is going on now.  It is acceptable to buy liquor as gifts.   

So, even though you can purchase duty free, if you exceed your limits be prepared to pay duty when you return.   Remember duty is per person traveling, though only adults can claim and bring back liquor.  Also, remember you are strictly limited to the numbers of cigars and cigarettes allowed.  No exceeding those limits.   

Hope this helps.   Good luck... fair winds and following seas!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2