What will be off-limits onboard to unvaccinated passengers?

15 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I was kind of wondering the same thing.  I'm vaccinated and I'm travelling with my niece who is too young at this point in time to be vaccinated.

Same here. Have rescheduled Cruises(supposed be on Ship this week) and my 4 Grand Daughters are too young get Vaccinated, plan on going on new Cruise and sure will be thousands of others UnVax joining our Family this Fall as things get back to normal...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

If the event is family friendly I would think there's a chance if Royal is paying for your covid tests they'll let you in if your accompanied adults are vaccinated. I could see them not wanting to force the adults that got vaccinated to have to go with the non vax group.

But with them wanting it for 12+ starting in August I'd be worried about the teen club only taking vaccinated kids then. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

If the event is family friendly I would think there's a chance if Royal is paying for your covid tests they'll let you in if your accompanied adults are vaccinated. I could see them not wanting to force the adults that got vaccinated to have to go with the non vax group.

But with them wanting it for 12+ starting in August I'd be worried about the teen club only taking vaccinated kids then. 

I would expect family friendly events with mixed vax/unvax to require people be separated into 'family groups' and distanced from others.   Unless there were vax-only family-friendly events, but that excludes those under 12.

Just now, D C said:

I would expect family friendly events with mixed vax/unvax to require people be separated into 'family groups' and distanced from others.   Unless there were vax-only family-friendly events, but that excludes those under 12.

I'm just thinking of say a family of four with both parents vaccinated, the 14 year old vaccinated, but the 10 year old isn't. I'd say there's a decent chance they wouldn't make the whole family do the unvax stuff - so like the family could go to a vax show because technically everyone that can be vaccinated is. But if it's a parent or the 14 year old after Aug 1 that's unvax then if they want to do stuff together it's the unvax stuff. 

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe that the only thing we know for sure is that it will likely be a huge mess.....

Another thing we know for sure right now is as of now EVERYONE vaccinated and unvaccinated will be walking around inside the ship wearing masks....which we all know alot of people won't like.

Face Masks
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom, when you are with your traveling party, outdoors, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting.

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Another thing we know for sure right now is as of now EVERYONE vaccinated and unvaccinated will be walking around inside the ship wearing masks....which we all know alot of people won't like.

Of course that's today...could and likely will change going forward...

Plenty of us cruisers aren't losing sleep over it...

• Like 5

9 hours ago, smplybcause said:

I'm just thinking of say a family of four with both parents vaccinated, the 14 year old vaccinated, but the 10 year old isn't. I'd say there's a decent chance they wouldn't make the whole family do the unvax stuff - so like the family could go to a vax show because technically everyone that can be vaccinated is. But if it's a parent or the 14 year old after Aug 1 that's unvax then if they want to do stuff together it's the unvax stuff. 

That just sets them up for problems though. 

Travel with any unvaxxed and the unvaxxed shouldn't get to ride the coattails of the vaccinated.  It needs to be black and white. 

There are plenty of other vacations a family can take without the same restrictions.  Royal would likely rather have those people go to Disney World than on their ships.  

Think of the rules as an attempt to make unvaxxed cruising unpalatable enough for those people to postpone their cruise vacations.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Of course that's today...could and likely will change going forward...

Plenty of us cruisers aren't losing sleep over it...

But some indeed are. They may change the rule , but it will be much later not for any of the early cruises.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But some indeed are. They may change the rule , but it will be much later not for any of the early cruises.

If people are losing sleep over this...they need to chill.  We've rescheduled 2 cruises because of the COVID impact...and sleep just fine.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, D C said:

Travel with any unvaxxed and the unvaxxed shouldn't get to ride the coattails of the vaccinated.  It needs to be black and white. 

There are plenty of other vacations a family can take without the same restrictions.  Royal would likely rather have those people go to Disney World than on their ships.  

Think of the rules as an attempt to make unvaxxed cruising unpalatable enough for those people to postpone their cruise vacations.   

People that know me personally know I have a number of sayings and axioms.  One of them has to do with the proverbial slippery slope - never get on one.  Flat ground is black and white.  Everything involving Covid is grey.  Everything.  And I think it is a fool's errand to think we can all operate as if we were on flat ground, and it is just as foolish to recognize we are not on flat ground and think we can create rules to separate the black from the white and get us out of the grey.  It is just not possible. [I am heavily involved in corporate policy in my employ, so I know.]

So here we are.  Our best and most memorable vacations have been on cruises, and I hope future vacations include cruising,  but we cant right now, regardless of how much we want to.  When and only when do we realize we have no choice but to live on this slippery slope, in the grey area, will things get back to normal.  We can adjust our stance and learn to live in the grey, and when we do, things will be much better.

30 minutes ago, D C said:

I'm sure that they  would like all families who opted for the 125% FCCs to not sail and let them expire but that's not going to happen either.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

People that know me personally know I have a number of sayings and axioms. 

I adhere to one too, I'm a half full kinda gal, and I feel your scenario is way to glum and dark.  None of the people on the Adventure YT vids have this attitude, they seem to be joyous and happy to be back aboard and cruising and saying they feel safe and very comfortable.  This will always be my attitude, mask or no mask.  Although the CURRENT info from RCCL is somewhat confusing.  According to their printed info we will NOT be wearing masks all over the ship, far from it. No matter what some little elephants say....

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I adhere to one too, I'm a half full kinda gal, and I feel your scenario is way to glum and dark.  None of the people on the Adventure YT vids have this attitude, they seem to be joyous and happy to be back aboard and cruising and saying they feel safe and very comfortable.  This will always be my attitude, mask or no mask.  Although the CURRENT info from RCCL is somewhat confusing.  According to their printed info we will NOT be wearing masks all over the ship, far from it. No matter what some little elephants say....

Fair enough.  Everybody has their own source and level of happiness, and their own sense of comfort and safety.  But me having mine and the cruisers you referenced having theirs is not mutually exclusive.  

But your post just proved my point nonetheless.  Forcing ( or attempting to) clarity and distinction is a fool's errand. Que sera sera.

5 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Fair enough.  Everybody has their own source and level of happiness, and their own sense of comfort and safety.  But me having mine and the cruisers you referenced having theirs is not mutually exclusive.  

But your post just proved my point nonetheless.  Forcing ( or attempting to) clarity and distinction is a fool's errand. Que sera sera.

Wasn't forcing anything at all, just voicing what I will feel about it all.

1 hour ago, D C said:

I have to disagree. If this was the case, then all Royal would have to do is cancel everyone with kids and mandate sailings like Carnival has. But they didn't. They want the kids. The families, and the money they bring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm sure that they  would like all families who opted for the 125% FCCs to not sail and let them expire but that's not going to happen either.

or they could have granted extensions with families that can't get their kids vaxed yet.... but they didn't di that either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

or they could have granted extensions with families that can't get their kids vaxed yet.... but they didn't di that either. 

Yes, but that would be the right thing to do.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, queen_of_the_pinnacles said:

i could careless what they do to the unvaccinated people just as long as vaccinated people we dont have to wear a mask or get tested im happy 

But they are requiring everyone to wear masks indoors, except while eating I drinking. I’m guessing the reason is that it would be impossible to differentiate unvaccinated vs vaccinated passengers. So we all have to wear them. I just hope the common eating venues have separate areas for vaccinated/unvaccinated. To allow everyone to eat in the Windjammer would be a disaster waiting to happen. Although given the increasing spread of the Delta variant, I wonder what will transpire once they congregate all the non-vaccinated together😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D C said:

The only reason why I think that is Royal made a point to go a route that allows those too young to be vaccinated on the ship instead of the 95% the other lines are doing. They're essentially encouraging families with kids too young to get vaccinated to cruise with them - if they didn't want them why not just do the 95% option? It's a bit counterintuitive to then lump those families where everyone that could be vaccinated is in with the unvaccinated after Royal made a point to make it so they can welcome those too young. 

34 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

But they are requiring everyone to wear masks indoors, except while eating I drinking. I’m guessing the reason is that it would be impossible to differentiate unvaccinated vs vaccinated passengers. So we all have to wear them. I just hope the common eating venues have separate areas for vaccinated/unvaccinated. To allow everyone to eat in the Windjammer would be a disaster waiting to happen. Although given the increasing spread of the Delta variant, I wonder what will transpire once they congregate all the non-vaccinated together😳

I would imagine that vaccination status would be reflected on a sea pass card at a minimum, and possibly with the issuing of wristbands to vaccinated passengers in order to set them apart.   

Though I believe they have said that sea pass cards will be required for admission to certain venues, so they will likely have screeners at the entrances to certain indoor locations.  The question is where. 

38 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Personally I don't see the big deal. Last week we went out to dinner with another couple who we haven't seen since before covid. The sign on the door stated that if you are not vaccinated you must wear a mask when not seated.  During covid it was the same rule but reduced capacity.  Through the course of the conversation we found out that neither of the couple that we were dining with were vaccinated.  The point is on land you have no idea who is walking or sitting next to you.  With social distancing on the ship I don't see it as a problem.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, D C said:

I would imagine that vaccination status would be reflected on a sea pass card at a minimum, and possibly with the issuing of wristbands to vaccinated passengers in order to set them apart.   

Though I believe they have said that sea pass cards will be required for admission to certain venues, so they will likely have screeners at the entrances to certain indoor locations.  The question is where. 

They mentioned a hole in your sea pass for unvaccinated and wristbands for vaccinated.