The Pros and Cons of the Yacht Club.

chromered7

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Cons could be.....

Lack of large suites with a 2nd bathroom - Even the Owner's Suite (Seashore & World Europa) has only 1 bathroom.

Lack of large suites with a 2nd bedroom - Guests 3-5 sleep in the living-room. 

For me that is Pros and not Cons! I understand that it could be Cons for some but not for me!

NCLs Haven has too many big suites so the Yacht Club is much better that way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chromered7 said:

We are looking for future cruise experience’s and one we could consider is MSC and the Yacht Club.

Shhhhh.  We've sailed MSC Yacht Club a lot.  😀 The secret started to get out a couple years ago.  Shhhhh. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We have traveled on RCL, NCL, Carnival, Princess and MSC.  On Royal we’ve been in a two bedroom suite and the same with Princess.  Once we traveled in the yacht club n MSC we were hocked. We have been on four and have two more yacht club suite booked. One in in a duplex on meravilgia. It has a hot tub on the balcony.

the yacht club includes almost everything you could think of, replenished mini bar everyday free drinks everywhere, news paper of choice, private  never busy concierge. Exclusive lounge, dinning room and pool deck with bar and food.  It is never busy and all the staff are wonderful. It starts before you get on the ship checking under the white tent. 

I can’t really think of any cons,  the rooms are 300 plus square feet so not Hugh but very comfortable.

go for it you will be happy you did.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

We have traveled on RCL, NCL, Carnival, Princess and MSC.  On Royal we’ve been in a two bedroom suite and the same with Princess.  Once we traveled in the yacht club n MSC we were hocked. We have been on four and have two more yacht club suite booked. One in in a duplex on meravilgia. It has a hot tub on the balcony.

the yacht club includes almost everything you could think of, replenished mini bar everyday free drinks everywhere, news paper of choice, private  never busy concierge. Exclusive lounge, dinning room and pool deck with bar and food.  It is never busy and all the staff are wonderful. It starts before you get on the ship checking under the white tent. 

I can’t really think of any cons,  the rooms are 300 plus square feet so not Hugh but very comfortable.

go for it you will be happy you did.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at some of the menus from the Yacht Club and compared to  Celebrity and they are short on choice.

1 minute ago, chromered7 said:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at some of the menus from the Yacht Club and compared to  Celebrity and they are short on choice.

The food offerings aren’t up to the standards of Celebrity but then you’re not paying Celebrity prices.   You can always dine in the Speciality restaurants if/when the YC menu doesn’t appeal and still be quids in on X’s costs. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been on Celebrity (would love to some day), but let me tell you about our experience in the Yacht Club regarding food. When we were on the Meraviglia in December 2019, I remember speaking with one of the waiters and mentioning I liked Indian food. The waiter was Indian and I figured at least some of the kitchen staff were, too. From that night on, the chef prepared me an Indian dish every night, even if I didn’t ask for it. I also mentioned that I love an Italian dish called pasta puttanesca. They made it for me right on the spot and it was delicious. Things like this are why I’m hooked on the MSC Yacht Club. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just back from Virtuosa's yacht club - no cons! Just upgraded my other booked cruises as a result.

Biggest cabins, topsail lounge is a quiet oasis, with the private sundeck for the open air. Butlers and concierge could not be more attentive. Queue jumping at every opportunity, including disembarkation. Great food in the YC too - I'd heard, and seen, worrying things about the food on MSC, but each meal was excellent.  Lots of choice too. 

33 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I’ve never been on Celebrity (would love to some day), but let me tell you about our experience in the Yacht Club regarding food. When we were on the Meraviglia in December 2019, I remember speaking with one of the waiters and mentioning I liked Indian food. The waiter was Indian and I figured at least some of the kitchen staff were, too. From that night on, the chef prepared me an Indian dish every night, even if I didn’t ask for it. I also mentioned that I love an Italian dish called pasta puttanesca. They made it for me right on the spot and it was delicious. Things like this are why I’m hooked on the MSC Yacht Club. 

This is so true.  Yes, what they put in the brochure is fantastic enough.  But don’t put in writing how above that the experience could be if you just ask and it’s reasonable.

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

This is so true.  Yes, what they put in the brochure is fantastic enough.  But don’t put in writing how above that the experience could be if you just ask and it’s reasonable.

Yes, it is really nice to know that basically if they have the ingredients, they’ll make it for you, whether it’s on the menu or not. I love that! It was also nice that they seated us for one of the shows at the very last minute, because they have a dedicated section just for yacht club guests. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Noted!  We love Indian food too. A few years ago my husband and I did a B2B on RC Freedom of the Seas. About 2 days in, service and food in the MDR wasn't great, and we'd cruised with the many times, and the menu was very repetitive. We started going to their buffet every night for dinner. (It became a very laid back kinda vacay, we could wear shorts to dinner!) They had a section in the buffet that served some Indian dishes. One of the assistant waiters working the buffet stopped our table and we mentioned how good the curry was...next night we showed up, and they brought specially prepared food out to our table, including naan. The chef came out to our table every night from then on with something new. Turned out to be our best trip ever.

(Sorry for the long post, and I will remember to ask about Indian food when we sail on Mera in October.)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, jules815 said:

(Sorry for the long post, and I will remember to ask about Indian food when we sail on Mera in October.)

No worries, I enjoyed reading your post. 😊 

They really seem to go the extra mile in the YC. I’d say that if you want something, just ask and you’re likely to get it. I don’t know if Arthur is still the maitre d’, but he was bubbly and cheerful all of the time. 

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

They really seem to go the extra mile in the YC. I’d say that if you want something, just ask and you’re likely to get it. I don’t know if Arthur is still the maitre d’, but he was bubbly and cheerful all of the time. 

Arthur thinks he may by joining Meraviglia or Seashore.  My hope is Divina or Seashore. I would think if it was going to be Meraviglia he would already be on his way.

28 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I've heard about Arthur. He's pretty famous with quite a few here on CC.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I've heard about Arthur. He's pretty famous with quite a few here on CC.  

Arthur is a member/friend on several MSC Facebook pages.  He keeps us informed of his contracts so we can plan accordingly. 😀

• Like 2

Around 2019 they reduced the menus.  Around that time there were complaints about slow service so only a guess to simplify menu to speed up service.

Not really a complaint but observation that YC is not first on ship.  Similarly, embarkation and disembarkation they move you through crowded public areas vs NCL who has dedicated entrance and exit.

Please keep us informed where Arthur will be.  Glad he is back in YC.  Anyone know who YC Director will be?

We experienced YC for the first time on Virtuosa 2 weeks ago, absolutely loved it and now looking at Med itineraries for next year.

The only con I can think of for me (and some won't be bothered by this)is that the YC area is right at the front of the ship. We like TAs and longer itineraries with lots of sea days and sometimes rougher seas, I'm not sure I would book YC for these as in rough seas I try to avoid the front of the ship. DH  wouldn't care about this but I wouldn't want to eat in YC restaurant when the ship was bobbing up and down.