New Members of Azamara leadership team

Grandma Cruising

Just seen the new members of Azamara’s leadership team. https://www.azamara.co.uk/loyalty/news/new-executive-leadership-appointments-support-growth-azamara?fbclid=IwAR0BIjbImYr9RIVeiL0gV1oSqumJmwVAyhJjCnAaNV3VTSbm2bWxWYrqXDk
Only one of them, Capt Nico Corbijn, Head of Marine Operations, has cruise experience though. 
It’s good to see appointments being made.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Where’s our Chief Blogging Officer?! 😥

I agree.     Let’s start a “BRING BACK BONNIE” thread.      We have cruised many great cruise lines - Seabourn, Crystal, Regent, Viking - and our Aramara Cruises have been right up there with those great cruise lines.  

Bonnie really made Azamara stand out for so many of us on Cruise Critic. 

It truly made a positive difference for Azamara.    

The new Executive Team should seriously consider bringing back Bonnie.  

Who agrees ??

Rod  

• Like 9

19 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Thanks for the link. The names and indeed businesses they have been linked with previously mean nothing to me. Hopefully Azamara are gathering a great team together to work with the current employees and move forward. 

Phil 

Given the skill set of the new hires, I am not encouraged.

DON

2 hours ago, Aussie Cruise Nuts said:

I agree.     Let’s start a “BRING BACK BONNIE” thread.      We have cruised many great cruise lines - Seabourn, Crystal, Regent, Viking - and our Aramara Cruises have been right up there with those great cruise lines.  

Bonnie really made Azamara stand out for so many of us on Cruise Critic. 

It truly made a positive difference for Azamara.    

The new Executive Team should seriously consider bringing back Bonnie.  

Who agrees ??

Rod  

Totally agree - the role of Chief Blogging Officer was very helpful and Bonnie did a great job. It was really good to know that there was someone there to answer queries and to advocate on behalf of Cruise Critic members.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Besides Capt Nico. do any of them have any cruise or even travel industry experience?

DON

I remember the old days, circa Jack Welch, when consultants spread the wisdom that "a good manager can manage anything".  That was horse-manure of course.  

8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Besides Capt Nico. do any of them have any cruise or even travel industry experience?

DON

You must know the answer, else why would you have made such a derogatory statement about them?

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I think that the teams non cruise experience is a good thing.

Would you be happier with a bunch of NCL Carnival and RCL cast offs? 

• Like 3

Might freshen things up to have some new ideas from outside the cruise industry, hopefully evolution not revolution but I’m feeling positive about the freedom Azamara will have outside the constraints of RCG.

• Like 7

I understand people’s trepidation when finding out that members of the company leadership team may not have much cruise experience. However, I have never felt that the corporate head office affects the atmosphere and quality of a cruise as much as the onboard officers, staff and crew. Many, if not most, of Azamara’s onboard leadership team is returning, and we all know they are magnificent, and probably the main reason people enjoy their Azamara cruises so much.

Let’s just hope that the land-based management listens carefully to what the ship-based management can tell them from experience.  If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

I understand people’s trepidation when finding out that members of the company leadership team may not have much cruise experience. However, I have never felt that the corporate head office affects the atmosphere and quality of a cruise as much as the onboard officers, staff and crew. Many, if not most, of Azamara’s onboard leadership team is returning, and we all know they are magnificent, and probably the main reason people enjoy their Azamara cruises so much.

Let’s just hope that the land-based management listens carefully to what the ship-based management can tell them from experience.  If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  

If the onboard officers, staff, and crew don't have the budgets they need to provide the cruise experience you love, you will notice the difference when your cabin isn't cleaned until 3:00PM and the food quality  isn't what you expect or remember.

The onboard atmosphere won't feel the same when you have fewer staff doing the same amount of work. Smiles will disappear as their frustration grows. 

Just saying . . .