Wearing Masks = Cancellation

We are fully vaccinated and see no need to be wearing masks and social distancing on Royal ships. So if they want to do this, we will cancel along with some friends that say the same thing. They are are not going to come all the way from NE to wear masks on a ship.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm the opposite, but understand. I wear a mask 10-12 hours a day at the hospital I work at, so it's pretty much a routine thing for me. I have five cruises coming up soon, and I would wear a mask just to get back out to sea. 

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

We are fully vaccinated and see no need to be wearing masks and social distancing on Royal ships. So if they want to do this, we will cancel along with some friends that say the same thing. They are are not going to come all the way from NE to wear masks on a ship.

Sail Adventure out of Nassau then. 

Celebrity? Carnival? You have options. RCL can set their own policies and doesn't care if you cancel.

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Agree. I'm fully vaxed as well and will avoid cruising until masks are no longer required.

• Like 21

I agree with the OP. I would cancel and move on to a line that doesn't require masks. That's why we chose the AOS out of Nassau. No masks on the ship. We are fully vaccinated plus had Covid last October, so no living in fear or under the thumb of the mask police. The easiest and most logical way is to require everyone onboard to be vaccinated, but if leaving from Florida that's not possible because of statute. I know this may not be popular, but people have the right to choose, take the vaccine and cruise or choose not to vaccinate and don't cruise and find another kind of vacation. However RCCL has chosen to take the most risky route and allow mixed cruising. This may provide the opportunity for an outbreak among unvaccinated onboard and the rest of PAX will suffer for it. Just my opinion. 

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I don't blame you. We haven't had to wear masks since mid April and there is no way I'm gioing back to that world, especially while on a vacation. 

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Agree.  We will definitely cxl.  I’m not going to pay $3600 to wear a mask 😷.  We are vaccinated. 
Happy to give our cabin to another group. We’ll just wait until they’re not required. Plenty of other vacation options.   

Edited by SUSIEK
  • Like 19

I get it but it's not a big deal to me.  I am vax and so is everyone in my family except my 11 year old.  He will be as soon as they allow it.  While I think Masks on the ships will soon be a thing of the past,  none of the cruise lines can mandate the mask rules in the ports.  Most of these ports are way way behind the US on vaccinations so I can see the possibility of masks being required for quite some time while in Ports.  I can live with that.  We are on the Breeze on 7/15 and can't wait.  Kids aren't going this trip but will go in March on the Vista.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yes... yes they do. 

No... no they don't. Demand is too high and they are selling out of cabins on close-in sailings out of Nassau (arguably less popular due to the required flights involved)

If there was no demand, I'd agree with you. But they have ran the numbers and I assure you cancelations due to not willing to comply with their policies will be easily re-booked by those that will.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

Absolutely.  You may want to consider Celebrity.

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

I feel the same about the masks and won't book anything until this is over.  I like social distancing as it eliminates the crowds.

9 minutes ago, VermontsFinest said:

No... no they don't. Demand is too high and they are selling out of cabins on close-in sailings out of Nassau (arguably less popular due to the required flights involved)

If there was no demand, I'd agree with you. But they have ran the numbers and I assure you cancelations due to not willing to comply with their policies will be easily re-booked by those that will.

There is also 50% capacity limits. I wonder if the true demand would be there if they were sailing at full capacity?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Carnival is requiring masks at various points.  Vaccinated on board not needed.  masks needed for everyone in terminal buildings for embarkation, debarkation, and ports. and may be needed by everyone when in port depending on port rules.

Sorry, mask vigilantes have won this round.  

At least for now, we have to be flexible as policies are changing. Masks may still be required in certain circumstances. For me, that's ok- I'd rather cruise than not cruise, I don't mind wearing a mask some of the time. Seems like for Adventure next week, Embarkation/Cozumel/Debarkation are the only times it'll be required. I'm happy with that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VermontsFinest said:

At least for now, we have to be flexible as policies are changing. Masks may still be required in certain circumstances. For me, that's ok- I'd rather cruise than not cruise, I don't mind wearing a mask some of the time. Seems like for Adventure next week, Embarkation/Cozumel/Debarkation are the only times it'll be required. I'm happy with that.

And Grand Bahamas

Agree, mask = cancel. We vaxxed for a reason. Those wonderful videos of the AOS promenade will be replaced by FOS promenade videos looking like a sci-fi movie with everyone masked as they stroll. Expecting to see Dustin Hoffman and the monkey walk by.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It is everyone’s choice what they are comfortable with. I am one of the lucky ones (snark), who was vaccinated and wasn’t wearing a mask where I didn’t have to. Guess what, I got Covid from my daughter, and we weren’t even in close proximity for any length of time. It was a mild case, and I’m off quarantine now, but my taste still hasn’t returned, and it’s been 2 weeks. Not fun!

I have no issues wearing a mask in situations where it’s needed on a ship, and I absolutely love the social distancing, since so many don’t understand personal space anyway.
I travel solo, so I tend to find places where I can do my own thing, and not interact with a lot of people. Works for me, but as others have said, everybody can make their own choices. There are no wrongs or rights.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

I'm the opposite, but understand. I wear a mask 10-12 hours a day at the hospital I work at, so it's pretty much a routine thing for me. I have five cruises coming up soon, and I would wear a mask just to get back out to sea. 

Agreed

• Like 2

I am fully vaccinated and so is my son.  We both wore masks on a five day trip to Universal Orlando and found no problem with it.  It did not destroy our good time at all.  The only issue was when we both forgot to take them off (which was allowed) on the log flume ride.  OMG!  🤣

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I was a mask queen until I got vaccinated (still had to wear one at work).

Now (plus the heat), I don't want to wear them if I don't have to!

I booked this upcoming Celebrity cruise not knowing for sure if we would have to, so I guess I wanted to cruise more than I want to not wear a mask. 

Luckily Celebrity is not requiring us to wear a mask if we prove vaccination, at least on these N. America cruises (tho things could change...). 

And we are coming all the way from NE...and paid $3500. Ouch. But I'm dying to cruise again!!

• Like 2