Wearing Masks = Cancellation

50 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

If it was it was part of the original 15 commandments....shame he broke that tablet with the other 5. 

Some will get this reference....

History of the World, Part 1.

I believe "Thou shall not discuss politics on CC" was one of the missing 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

I'm a permanent mask wearer....I haven't been as sick and hardly any allergies.  Love it.

I only wear a mask when necessary... I haven't been sick and hardly any allergies. Love it.

• Like 6

What exactly are the current rules?  It's so muddy....

If 95% of passengers and crew are vaccinated, then masks are not required?  But for FL and TX departures, because they won't allow a vaccine requirement, you have to wear a mask unless in your stateroom or eating?  If I book a cruise out of a state where vaccine proof is required, are masks no longer required onboard?  I'm so confused.

6 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

What exactly are the current rules?  It's so muddy....

If 95% of passengers and crew are vaccinated, then masks are not required?  But for FL and TX departures, because they won't allow a vaccine requirement, you have to wear a mask unless in your stateroom or eating?  If I book a cruise out of a state where vaccine proof is required, are masks no longer required onboard?  I'm so confused.

Here,,,, read about the protocols based upon port of departure.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

I was able to freeze this page by stopping the browser before it went to the "page not found" message :

For Cruises from Florida in July 2021

In the coming days, we are expecting updated guidance from the U.S. CDC on mask policies for vaccinated guests sailing from Florida and will update you at that time.

For vaccinated guests

Vaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only, or while in your stateroom with your traveling party. Masks are not required outdoors unless in a crowded setting. When visiting public ports of call, please follow local regulations.

For unvaccinated guests

Unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required while in your stateroom when you are with your traveling party. Likewise, masks are not required outdoors unless in a crowded setting. 

Guests under the age of 2

Guests under the age of 2 do not need to wear a mask. 

For Cruises Departing from Nassau, Bahamas

Guests sailing from Nassau will need to follow the following mask policies throughout their cruise.

For vaccinated guests

Vaccinated guests do not need to wear a face covering while onboard the ship or at Perfect Day at CocoCay. While visiting public ports of call, vaccinated guests must follow all local mask requirements.

For unvaccinated guests

• Outdoors: Masks are not required in open-air areas onboard the ship or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless you are in a crowded setting. Masks are not permitted in the pool or for any activity where they could become wet. 
  • Indoors: Masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces onboard the ship unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom as long as you are with your own travel party. 
  • In public ports: Local mask and distancing requirements at public ports of call must be followed. 
  • Guests under the age of 2 do not need to wear a mask at any time.

4 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

That link takes you to a page that no longer exists, apparently.  It flashes for a second and then gives you an "Oops" message. 

The page is still there. Just Google the healthy sail center.

So, basically - this means that if the port of embarkation is located in a state/country where they are not permitted to require vaccination proof, then masks are required onboard unless eating/in your stateroom, but if they ARE allowed to require vaccination proof to meet the 95% threshold, then masks are not required in public spaces onboard?

2 minutes ago, Babr said:

The page is still there. Just Google the healthy sail center.

I had to change .com to .ae in order to keep the page on my screen, otherwise it goes to a "this page has sailed on" message almost instantly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

I'm a permanent mask wearer....I haven't been as sick and hardly any allergies.  Love it.

Congratulations (if that's what you were looking for).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

So, basically - this means that if the port of embarkation is located in a state/country where they are not permitted to require vaccination proof, then masks are required onboard unless eating/in your stateroom, but if they ARE allowed to require vaccination proof to meet the 95% threshold, then masks are not required in public spaces onboard?

If they don't meet the 95% even if they are in a state where the cruiselines can require the vaccination, masks are required inside.

And there are alot more areas than stateroom and eating where you can remove your masks if you are vaccinated.  

4 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

If they don't meet the 95% even if they are in a state where the cruiselines can require the vaccination, masks are required inside.

And there are alot more areas than stateroom and eating where you can remove your masks if you are vaccinated.  

Can you expound on the latter?  Apologies, I just haven't been reading up on this stuff but now that I'm running out of time on the FCCs I have an need to start seeing what's what.  Information out there online seems to be ambiguous, or outright obfuscation, I don't know which.  If I have to wear a mask most of my cruise, I'm canceling.  It's a touch frustrating to live 10 minutes from a cruise port but be forced to either pay $700 for two R/T airfares to Nassau or even more time/money to fly to Seattle in order to avoid being masked up the whole time when I'm fully vaccinated AND recovered from COVID.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I only wear a mask when necessary... I haven't been sick and hardly any allergies. Love it.

I think people would be better served by taking vitamins that boost the immune system than wearing a mask. I haven't been sick with a cold in about 3 years. My sinuses have been so stuffed since I have been wearing the mask. I don't know if it's any correlation to the mask but I never had that issue before and it's been all year round.  I was wearing the mask 10 to 12 hours a day at work plus anytime I had to run to the store or restaurant 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think people would be better served by taking vitamins that boost the immune system than wearing a mask. I haven't been sick with a cold in about 3 years. My sinuses have been so stuffed since I have been wearing the mask. I don't know if it's any correlation to the mask but I never had that issue before and it's been all year round.  I was wearing the mask 10 to 12 hours a day at work plus anytime I had to run to the store or restaurant 

Just curious where you got your degree in medical research. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Opinions, in the one post you just replied to, you have 2 opinions. Who is correct? You both are since you both are different people. No one rule works for everyone. 

People in Asia wear masks all the time. They seem to be very fit and healthy. In the US, many people are overweight. Maybe they should wear masks and eat less? LOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Can you expound on the latter?  Apologies, I just haven't been reading up on this stuff but now that I'm running out of time on the FCCs I have an need to start seeing what's what.  Information out there online seems to be ambiguous, or outright obfuscation, I don't know which.  If I have to wear a mask most of my cruise, I'm canceling.  It's a touch frustrating to live 10 minutes from a cruise port but be forced to either pay $700 for two R/T airfares to Nassau or even more time/money to fly to Seattle in order to avoid being masked up the whole time when I'm fully vaccinated AND recovered from COVID.

Now some will argue with me but the this is what it says about Face Masks for Florida

Face Masks
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom, when you are with your traveling party, outdoors, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting.

Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

In the coming days, we are expecting updated guidance from the CDC on mask policies for vaccinated guests and will update you at that time.

This says that the vaccinated don't have to wear masks in Venues or designated events.  It could be that this sentence is grammatically incorrect and it doesn't mean what it says but it hasn't been corrected in two weeks I am going to believe that is means what it says,

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Now some will argue with me but the this is what it says about Face Masks for Florida

Face Masks
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom, when you are with your traveling party, outdoors, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting.

Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

In the coming days, we are expecting updated guidance from the CDC on mask policies for vaccinated guests and will update you at that time.

This says that the vaccinated don't have to wear masks in Venues or designated events.  It could be that this sentence is grammatically incorrect and it doesn't mean what it says but it hasn't been corrected in two weeks I am going to believe that is means what it says,

I believe that what it's saying is that they aren't required in venues or events that are designated for vaccinated guests only.  That's too vague for me to bank on - what percentage of venues/events are going to be designated for vaccinated guests only?  If it's one lounge and the occasional show, that means you'd still have to wear one unless seated for dinner, in your cabin, or in that one designated lounge. 

The Face Masks Statement above was copied directly from the Website, I just notice that someone above posted it as well but changed some Grammar that is not what it says on the website.

6 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Face Masks

I think it's grammatically incorrect, and I'm also inclined to believe that that is very much intentional.