Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22

Wonderful! I booked a consecutive cruise on the Allure out of Galveston November/December of 2022. Good to know I will be getting 28 points instead of 14. 

At this rate, there will be a "boatload" of new Pinnacle Club members by the end of 2022. 

Edited by WeighAnchor
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Wish Celebrity would follow suit. 

mac_tlc

Not looking good for you.  😞

An email from Celebrity just popped into my inbox ...

Final Days: Exclusive Double Points offer on your next 2021 cruise!

Edited by Another_Critic

3 hours ago, island lady said:

And were allowed into the CL.  😉 

Ds....out....D+ now out.  Pinnies next?  😮 

Probably coming. One step forward, two steps back. Diamonds in December, now Double Points on a already very successful program. Shoot the longer Caribbean/Repo's were already giving Diamonds 2 additional Lounges for Happy Hour over flow... But long as keep getting SOLO Discounts and keep Military Discounts coming I'm a a Happy Camper

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Not looking good for you.  😞

An email from Celebrity just popped into my inbox ...

Final Days: Exclusive Double Points offer on your next 2021 cruise!

Yah, they have only been running sporadic double point offers. I will qualify for my 7/31/21 Edge cruise and one on Equinox in 2023, but not my other two in 2022.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

If everything goes off according to plan that I have booked I should be at 118 pts. I'm going to get to D and D+ a little earlier than might have anticipated.

Are the discounts retroactive on existing bookings?

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Awesome. Maybe more $$$ off bellas cruise for you too for diamond or diamond plus.

I cant see where I can add one, and if I hit 340 pts on feb allure, it's only one week before bellas cruise and I'm not sure if I can reprice to 50% solo after final payment, need to hit it by dec before I'd think. ..but I'm often wrong about pricing. 

it used to be but Royal hanged that several years ago and now will reprice he reservation to the current rates if you want the added discount with one exception.....

If you are in a group and its before final payment and there is still group space in that category then you may claim the extra discount.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

it used to be but Royal hanged that several years ago and now will reprice he reservation to the current rates if you want the added discount with one exception.....

If you are in a group and its before final payment and there is still group space in that category then you may claim the extra discount.

I dont think I'll hit 340 before final payment is due... maybe will help treeskier 

8 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

I have no problem with a double points promotion.  However, and I'm sure there will be a thread popping up very soon about this: Can you imagine how many Ds there will be come December 2022?  

no more than there would have been at that time had ships sailed for the past years and a half.

• Like 4

I am glad I didn’t see this post until now.  The June 30 deadline helped give us that extra incentive to book a couple of cruises we wanted.  Our first in October will bring us up to diamond.  I am looking forward to the 4 drinks on our cards for the second cruise.  One more drink on the card isn’t much to chase diamond plus for us.

I was waiting to reach diamond before  booking  our first Celebrity cruise so our level would transfer.  Are they still doing that?  Would it be that much better to wait for diamond plus?

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am glad I didn’t see this post until now.  The June 30 deadline helped give us that extra incentive to book a couple of cruises we wanted.  Our first in October will bring us up to diamond.  I am looking forward to the 4 drinks on our cards for the second cruise.  One more drink on the card isn’t much to chase diamond plus for us.

I was waiting to reach diamond before  booking  our first Celebrity cruise so our level would transfer.  Are they still doing that?  Would it be that much better to wait for diamond plus?

Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle all get Elite status on Celebrity.  Higher levels must be earned completely, starting from zero, on Celebrity itself.

• Like 3

Doesn't help other regions but they did quietly extend the CWC for our Australia / NZ region a couple of weeks ago.

Our season down here runs from October to April so the previous 'sail by' didn't help us at all as it is looking more and more likely that we won't have a 21/22 season down here (most states in Australia are currently in a series of Covid outbreaks and NZ has paused the travel bubble between Australia and NZ with all states for now.)

It applies to existing bookings and new ones made by July 31st, 2021 with a sail by date of April 30th, 2023 which helps us a lot with our bookings down here in this region.

So there might be some hope of them extending the policy in other regions, you never know.

16 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

That's right, but you gain gold status by taking a short cruise so the starting point for acquiring double points is in easy reach.  There are 2-night samplers out there!  It all comes down to D being reached with 80 points (and D+ 175).  There are people who might take a 7-nighter once every 3 years and 80 seems unattainable.  On the flip side of that coin there are those who book 80 nights and more each year.   It would seem that a reasonable solution would be to grandfather status for all current C&A cruisers and raise thresholds.  But I doubt that will happen.  Keeping that carrot dangling out there is good marketing.  Cutting back on perks may create some pushback near term, but more often than not time heals all.

Thanks for the info.  🙂  

I myself have had a certain carrot dangling in my face since Covid shutdown.  Just one cruise shy of that level.  🙂   But not sure how diminished that level will become when cruising starts again.  Oh well, it is what it is.  

4 hours ago, BecAus said:

Doesn't help other regions but they did quietly extend the CWC for our Australia / NZ region a couple of weeks ago.

[...]

So there might be some hope of them extending the policy in other regions, you never know.

Thanks, that's very interesting to know. I admit I have been checking the CWC conditions every couple of days in case they change it without really announcing it.