Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That was my same philosophy.  I was just "checking"...not entering anything new.  Lucky me...I am now in the blue lane because my credit card is not valid.  It doesn't expire until November.  I tried to enter another credit card.  No changes to lane status.  

Spoke to Live Chat.  She suggested that I delete app and reinstall.  Do you think I am going to do this at such a late date?  Not a chance.  I do have my Plan B with all printed documents.

So san diego sue...are we sailing together again or on different ships?

We are on the Majestic Princess nest week

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Spoke to Live Chat.  She suggested that I delete app and reinstall.  Do you think I am going to do this at such a late date?  Not a chance.  I do have my Plan B with all printed documents.

Don't understand the need to delete and reinstall versus Update. However, you would not lose anything - the App does not store any Data/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I'm going to assume that I am the only person on Earth that has not had any issues with the App. Wow, I'm a geek, but, wow!

Tell us more about your cruise, platform, OS level. I suspect a few things have changed: a. The App has improved / bugs fixed; b. New bookings do not have the data conversion problems that plagued early App users; c. Perhaps you have latest OS on a supported device and d. you are tech savvy enough to work around problems.

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Tell us more about your cruise, platform, OS level. I suspect a few things have changed: a. The App has improved / bugs fixed; b. New bookings do not have the data conversion problems that plagued early App users; c. Perhaps you have latest OS on a supported device and d. you are tech savvy enough to work around problems.

I choose D

On 10/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Mine is working fine & spouses, doesn't.  At least both our pics are on My app.

We plan to show up Sat with all our Paper boarding stuff, and quit fiddling with it, Again.

First time on this thread.  Unsure if already covered.  App was troublesome until I logged in by selecting "booking number" rather than by "email...."  The difference was like night and day.  The first cruise on our list began behaving.  Every thing is easy to work with now.

1 hour ago, CAZephyr said:

First time on this thread.  Unsure if already covered.  App was troublesome until I logged in by selecting "booking number" rather than by "email...."  The difference was like night and day.  The first cruise on our list began behaving.  Every thing is easy to work with now.

Many have reported making progress by logging in that way.  You should make sure your ID and PSWD are the same on MC App as for Princess.com.

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’m trying to add a new booking to my Medallion App but it doesn’t recognize my booking number. Anyone had any problems doing this?

Thanks!

Tom😀

You should not have to add new bookings to MC App.  The Princess system will auto-add it.  It may take a day or two.  If not, seems like another data issue that you will have to call them about.  Something perhaps of a mismatch in your MC App profile versus Princess.com profile (but I would think they are sync'd when having same ID/PSWD).

So I am travelling with my husband and he was the one who made the booking. 

I'm down as a passenger and I can see myself within his app, but is there anyway that I can have my own account linked to that booking or do I need to just install the app with his username and password.

4 hours ago, RemyLeBeau said:

So I am travelling with my husband and he was the one who made the booking. 

I'm down as a passenger and I can see myself within his app, but is there anyway that I can have my own account linked to that booking or do I need to just install the app with his username and password.

You can install the App.  Then, you can have your own ID/Password.  You will have a Captain's Circle Member number.  You need that, your name, and birthdate to setup an account.  Then you log in as you and you will see the booking info as well as your husband.

question: we changed our cabin today and will be sailing this Saturday. I was told that since we already have our medallion, it will have to be updated by Passenger services when we board (guess we won't be able to open our new cabin). Is this true. Anyone change cabins after their medallions arrived and had to do this, or does it automatically work because booking numbers didn't change.

The Medallion Appl updated right away. That was a nice surprise.

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

question: we changed our cabin today and will be sailing this Saturday. I was told that since we already have our medallion, it will have to be updated by Passenger services when we board (guess we won't be able to open our new cabin). Is this true. Anyone change cabins after their medallions arrived and had to do this, or does it automatically work because booking numbers didn't change.

The Medallion Appl updated right away. That was a nice surprise.

Your Medallion Id just needs to be updated in Princess ship computer to be associated to the new cabin number.  Could be done already when you arrive.

• Like 1

This app just keeps getting "better".  

Monday:  2 hours with Navigator.  Unable to load credit card = blue lane

Tuesday:  One card disappears then the other.  Unable to "select" and save either card

Wednesday:  Both cards are now erased/gone.  Tried to reenter both cards.  Now getting error message "We're sorry! We are unable to save your payment method at tis time.  Please confirm your details and try again."  and again, and again.

What will Thursday and Friday bring?  Oh, I am so excited to find out.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Haha 1

The newest update has made the app even worse.  Now the app is non responsive (either won't scroll or puts you into a loop) when you encounter an error.  Uninstalled and installed October 19 update on three devices and get similar results.  In the past two months portions have worked for short periods of time, but now only dinning works. Arrival time has never worked and sailing is in two weeks.  Will send email update to Princess and see what they say.  At least they respond to the email even though nothing gets fixed. 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, Steelers36 said:

You can install the App.  Then, you can have your own ID/Password.  You will have a Captain's Circle Member number.  You need that, your name, and birthdate to setup an account.  Then you log in as you and you will see the booking info as well as your husband.

Thank you so much! All sorted now.

• Like 1

......and then there are folks like us that install the app and input stuff and wait until we can choose our boarding time when all of a sudden we can and we did.  All is good and life is grand. Can't wait until we can use all the great features of the app once we board the ship in 15 days!!!

In June we were booked a Northbound Alaska sailing of the Sapphire for 23 July 2022.  At the time my wife and I both downloaded the Medallion app and set it up with our information.  Princess subsequently pulled the Sapphire from that market and replaced her with the Royal.  After some gnashing of teeth and hand wringing, we got our party's cabin locations worked out, excursions showing up in the right places, and flights transferred.  What still isn't working out is the Medallion app.

The change of equipment caused our booking number to change.  I was able to register the new one in the app and all my info shows correctly.  I still can't add documentation info, I get a screen saying "Compass is currently unavailable.  We have "all hands on tech" working to get back online."  It's been saying that for months.

My wife, on the other hand, has been unable to connect her copy of the app with our booking ever since the latter changed.  When she does, Medallion reports "Booking does not exist."  We've dumped and reinstalled multiple times but the result is always the same.  Princess support has had an open ticket on this issue for over a month now and we've heard crickets from them.

I've always had a high opinion of Princess going back to the 80s when I sold travel for a living.  I still hear how their ambiance, food, entertainment, and service are all top notch.  Sadly, at this point I'm left to conclude that their IT sucks.

• Like 1

I upgraded my phone today to a Samsung Note 20--the old phone was 3+ years old. The app transferred over, but I couldn't sign in using email, so I tried using the booking number and it opened right up. I admit I didn't do anything since we don't sail for almost a year, but at least it opened. Hubby ordered a phone, so I'll try to put it on his when he gets it. I know he couldn't get in the last time he tried back in the spring, but his phone is in pretty sad shape, so I'm not really surprised.

Sail the Majestic this Saturday the 23rd and the app is a mess. Keeps loading and jumping about. Finally was green lane up until today, now we're blue Lane 

I have an updated Samsung Note 10 and my wife has an iPhone 12. Her app works better than mine but neither work like they should.

I don't know how many times I've accepted the passage contract/COVID alert and it never "sticks" Sometimes it's ok but most of the times I get the big exclamation mark rather than the green check. As well it's showed we haven't registered a CC, but I've done it and then tried again by deleting it and putting in a new CC number.

I'm glad we're just a few minutes from the port, so we can take our time at embarkation check in. My guess is that maybe there will be a few of us in the blue lane.

We like Princess very much,but this is disappointing and frustrating.