Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Question on the new Web version of the Medallion app. When I log in on the web version using my login ID and password, I seem to be presented with the details of only the next of our four booked cruises and none of the others. I am able to edit the info and we are both Green Lane and ready to go. How does one access the other cruises? On the phone version of the app I can "touch" my avatar photo on the left and it opens a popup window listing all of the cruises. I can then select the specific sailing I want to work on, and it opens up. I can't find a similar functionality on the web version, the only way I can access individual sailings is to log in to the web site using my name, booking # and birthday. I seem to have to log in to each cruise separately.  Am I missing something or is this how it currently works? Thanks..

Login using Booking Code, Name, Birthdate

Thanks to all who provided info re:  ability to check in on the website.  I had no issue checking in with my iphone but SO could not.  Princess was unable to help.  So now he's checked in and he appears on my Medallion.  This has caused too much stress and wasted time.  There are other options.  I want to simplify my life and not amplify my stress level.  Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 6:21 AM, lx200gps said:

Question on the new Web version of the Medallion app. When I log in on the web version using my login ID and password. The only way I can access individual sailings is to log in to the web site using my name, booking # and birthday. I seem to have to log in to each cruise separately.  Am I missing something or is this how it currently works? 

That's how it currently works.

I cannot load half my info to this Medallion app.  I have an Android phone and Android tablet.  I tried using the so called internet version and still encounter the same errors.  This is the worst app ever developed.  My question is does this app work on an Apple phone?  How is everyone loading your travel info like driver's license or passport info?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IBM Sweathog said:

I cannot load half my info to this Medallion app.  I have an Android phone and Android tablet.  I tried using the so called internet version and still encounter the same errors.  This is the worst app ever developed.  My question is does this app work on an Apple phone?  How is everyone loading your travel info like driver's license or passport info?

I have an iPhone and am computer savvy.  Medallion hasn't worked for me after dozens of attempts.   Spent an hour on the phone this morning with a Princess Medallion rep.   Together, we supposedly "worked out the glitches".  She said to go through the Medallion check-in processes by using booking number, name and date of birth.   The rep verified that all my information is correct.   Still can't get into my account through Princess Medallion.    Makes me want to go back to Celebrity.

Edited by Chelly

1 hour ago, IBM Sweathog said:

What worked best for me was to do what I could, then go away for an hour or two, then try again to get more entries in.  Over the course of about 24 hours, I eventually got everything in.  My suspicion is that there are some periodic processes running in the back end that clean up inconsistent data formats.

31 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

What worked best for me was to do what I could, then go away for an hour or two, then try again to get more entries in.  Over the course of about 24 hours, I eventually got everything in.  My suspicion is that there are some periodic processes running in the back end that clean up inconsistent data formats.

Agreed, I found this to be the way to make it work also!

I've been on three medallion cruises and have not had a problem loading the app or inputting info into app.  I have a New England cruise scheduled for 8 Oct.  Will set up the app sometime after final payment. Sorry for all the issues you guys are having

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IBM Sweathog said:

I was having a lot of issues on my Android phone.  What worked for me was deleting the app and re-installing it from the Play store.  That gave me the newest version and a lot of the bugs seemed to be fixed.   For example, on the previous version I had, they only had an option to scan your passport, which wasn't working for me at all.  On the newer version they have the option to enter your passport number.

40 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I was having a lot of issues on my Android phone.  What worked for me was deleting the app and re-installing it from the Play store.  That gave me the newest version and a lot of the bugs seemed to be fixed.   For example, on the previous version I had, they only had an option to scan your passport, which wasn't working for me at all.  On the newer version they have the option to enter your passport number.

The scanning didn’t work for me on my iPhone - the app wasn’t properly accessing the camera, and showed only a black screen where the document image should have been (no “take” or “submit” button visible either).  So everything had to be typed in.  Other than that, everything seemed to work okay.

Maybe this is why I can't get the app to accept my new reservation today.  I just got off the Caribbean Princess on 3/6 and everything was working great.  Actually didn't have too many problems getting everything entered for that cruise with the help of the experts here.  But now not having any luck with the app or the website recognizing my new booking number.  The Personalizer has it in my record and everything that can be accessed there is correct but the new web version of the app will not work and neither will the app work on my phone.  Just keeps saying no booking no matter how I sign in.  I will wait and see what I get tomorrow or the next day.  If can't get it to work for this cruise, will do everything at the port.

The Medallion app finally allowed me to log-in today and I'm in the green-line.   I had been trying for weeks to log-in with no success.   I am on the Discovery, Oct 8 sailing.  Just my opinion, but I believe Princess created a monster with this app.   

Edited by Chelly
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Chelly said:

The Medallion app finally allowed me to log-in today and I'm in the green-line.   I had been trying for weeks to log-in with no success.   I am on the Discovery, Oct 8 sailing.  Just my opinion, but I believe Princess created a monster with this app.   

I wouldn’t call it a monster…. More like a colicky baby, with first time parents.

nothing they’re doing is rocket science.  There’s some complication, caused by the different nature of the uses of the data (enter via end user apps, and back office tools, used by end users, corporate office, and on ship by multiple booking, reservations, in ship displays, etc), but it’s really nothing too scary - I just think the people working on it are in over their heads.  They need to bring in an experienced nanny to help them through this first stage.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:16 PM, Steelers36 said:

Login using Booking Code, Name, Birthdate

I've noticed that you've mentioned this more than a few times.

(which really does help the people who are stuck ...

... no disrespect intended)

If princess really does read this forum, it's a shame that they don't

see this being repeated, and actually fix the problem...

Bummer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I've noticed that you've mentioned this more than a few times.

(which really does help the people who are stuck ...

... no disrespect intended)

If princess really does read this forum, it's a shame that they don't

see this being repeated, and actually fix the problem...

Bummer.

Sign in with Booking Code and Name. Princess reps would also suggest this approach as least troublesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Sign in with Booking Code and Name. Princess reps would also suggest this approach as least troublesome.

My experience as well. Logging in with the user id and password yields nothing but I am able to access each of our four bookings individually by logging in with the specific Booking #.  I would have preferred to be able to log in once and have immediate access to all bookings with one login, but at least now, for the first time in months, I do have access to everything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If a husband and wife are cruising, do they both need the app on their phones while onboard?  I have it on my phone, but my wife doesn't.   I don't think you do, just the medallion, but now I'm wondering. 

It depends on what you mean by “need”.  I can’t think of any activity that can’t be done without a phone, except “Games under the stars”.  I believe you have access to everything else via medallion or interactive screens around the ships) or in your room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If a husband and wife are cruising, do they both need the app on their phones while onboard?  I have it on my phone, but my wife doesn't.   I don't think you do, just the medallion, but now I'm wondering. 

You don’t need the app on your phone but I find it extremely helpful + it doesn’t cost anything & easy to download on her phone. . Curious as to how your wife does some things that you need the app for like filling in the health questionnaire that is required prior to your cruise. 

If one has the drink package, I have that, I can order a drink anywhere I want & have it delivered to me. 

I’m aware that many people carry the Patter with them but it’s easy to see the same information/activities using the app on my phone. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

Curious as to how your wife does some things that you need the app for like filling in the health questionnaire that is required prior to your cruise. 

She is on the account with me, and on the app it shows both of us, so I can complete all the paperwork for both of us just like on the website.

• Like 2