Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Worth a mention here that Princess has finally delivered on another promise in that ordering MedallionNet via MC App now recognizes our Captain's Circle Member level and applies the 50% discount before charging us.  A welcome addition to MC App.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Sign in with Booking Code and Name. Princess reps would also suggest this approach as least troublesome.

But, how many people try their username and password, and have it fail?

Come to cruise critic and ask for help...

...and then they try booking number + name.

Seems like it would be a lot better to simply have the problem fixed.

And, even with a fix, nothing stops people from continuing to use booking number + name, if they wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

She is on the account with me, and on the app it shows both of us, so I can complete all the paperwork for both of us just like on the website.

One thing I just noticed however - your “Ocean Ready Status” , is based on the primary person only.  So it’s possible to see “Green Lane” if the primary user is green, but the other passenger is blue.  As you go down to individual tasks in the travel checklist, it will show status for each  person associated with the booking.

everything looked good in mine - showing Green Lane, but when I dug back in, I noticed my daughter’s profile had a red exclamation mark..  The Payment Plan info wasn’t complete, since I didn’t add her to my charge info, and she didn’t have her own cc info set up.  Since she’s 5, I didn’t plan on authorizing her to use my credit card.  😝

Not sure what would have happened if we tried to go through Green lane, but better to take care of it before getting to the port.

1 hour ago, WAvoyager said:

One thing I just noticed however - your “Ocean Ready Status” , is based on the primary person only.  So it’s possible to see “Green Lane” if the primary user is green, but the other passenger is blue.  As you go down to individual tasks in the travel checklist, it will show status for each  person associated with the booking.

everything looked good in mine - showing Green Lane, but when I dug back in, I noticed my daughter’s profile had a red exclamation mark..  The Payment Plan info wasn’t complete, since I didn’t add her to my charge info, and she didn’t have her own cc info set up.  Since she’s 5, I didn’t plan on authorizing her to use my credit card.  😝

Not sure what would have happened if we tried to go through Green lane, but better to take care of it before getting to the port.

Something similar on our cruise last week.  We had 3 bookings.  I wanted to use the same CC for 2 of them.  The app wouldn't allow it.  I had to use 2 CCs then have Guest Services make the change.  It took 3 visits and counting to ten multiple times before they got it right.

10 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

She is on the account with me, and on the app it shows both of us, so I can complete all the paperwork for both of us just like on the website.

I have done everything for both of us on my phone and we are Green Lane all the way. I will be installing the app on her phone as well before we cruise so she will be able to order drinks, etc. without my involvement. The app "should" work for her phone as well as she has a fairly recent version of Android.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Something similar on our cruise last week.  We had 3 bookings.  I wanted to use the same CC for 2 of them.  The app wouldn't allow it.  I had to use 2 CCs then have Guest Services make the change.  It took 3 visits and counting to ten multiple times before they got it right.

Yikes - I guess that specific use case may not have popped up in their testing - with the assumption that if a family is traveling with multiple cabins, they would be on the same booking.

glad they got it sorted out for you!

4 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

Yikes - I guess that specific use case may not have popped up in their testing - with the assumption that if a family is traveling with multiple cabins, they would be on the same booking.

glad they got it sorted out for you!

Can you do one booking for multiple cabins?  Our PVP handled this for us and the thought never crossed my mind.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Can you do one booking for multiple cabins?  Our PVP handled this for us and the thought never crossed my mind.

Hmmm … maybe not.  My Mom is the only one who cruises with us, and she always books separately.   If you can’t, then that’s a really dumb bug to have made it into production! 😮

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

What is the email address for mc app support? 

I phoned Princess Medallion Navigator Support at:

• United States (toll free): 1-800-774-6237.  This phone number is noted in the FAQ for Medallion below.   I did not see an email address.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/ocean-faq/

• Thanks 1

Decided to go ahead and put the app on my wife's phone. Dang her phone seems slow compared to mine but the app installed and I was able to log her on with her regular Princess user name and password. She came up all Green so I guess she's set to do whatever she likes once we get onboard. Sweet!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is the one others have posted getting some real help.

A360ad7@carnival.com

1 hour ago, Chelly said:

I phoned Princess Medallion Navigator Support at:

• United States (toll free): 1-800-774-6237.  This phone number is noted in the FAQ for Medallion below.   I did not see an email address.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/ocean-faq/

Sent the email thread to A360ad7@carnival.com and then called 1800Princess and asked them to look at it. Supervisor & staff very supportive.  'Walked' to loyalty office to confirm my status then correct. He could see multiple completed cruises but could also see blue status. Progress 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Sent the email thread to A360ad7@carnival.com and then called 1800Princess and asked them to look at it. Supervisor & staff very supportive.  'Walked' to loyalty office to confirm my status then correct. He could see multiple completed cruises but could also see blue status. Progress 

So did it get corrected. I emailed them weeks ago and my Medallion Appl still shows Blue status instead of Elite.Got the stock reply and nothing has been done

4 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

So did it get corrected. I emailed them weeks ago and my Medallion Appl still shows Blue status instead of Elite.Got the stock reply and nothing has been done

Not yet. Supervisor  (Terrell Turner) will call me Monday. I'm patient as I have a boatload of OBC on my next 2 cruises. The 3rd one only has 400 so then it'll be an issue

Tip for those who's phones are not compatible with the app.

My and my husband's phones are both not compatible with the app.  After getting advice here on Cruise Critic I was able to do our online check in on the computer.  However, you can't book on board wifi or dining reservations on the computer, only on the app!!!!!  My travel agent suggested we get someone we know with a newer phone to download the app and do it for us.  My son kindly did this for us, so now as well as our other reservations, we have also reserved wifi and dining on board.  He was also able to choose our arrival time (you can't do this on the computer version).

• Like 1

Our Android phones are 2020 model.  The OS is Android 11.  Is it new enough to be compatible with the Medallion App?

Our cruise is not until Nov so I am not eager to download the app right now, or order the Medallion itself, given there probably would be more updates in the next 7 months.  Would this strategy make sense?

This thread is already at page 100 - I hope there is no need to read thru the whole thread (let alone the No.2 thread!)  Sigh.

Yes, I wouldn’t worry at all about the app yet.  They should be past all these teething pains by  the time you need to start doing things.  Even if you did order your medallion, they wouldn’t send it out until 2 weeks prior to your cruise anyway.

A 2020 model phone will be fine.  When apps are designed, typically they plan to support devices that go back many years.  Once a phone is beyond 6-7 years, it may be time to worry, but not before then.

44 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Our Android phones are 2020 model.  The OS is Android 11.  Is it new enough to be compatible with the Medallion App?

Our cruise is not until Nov so I am not eager to download the app right now, or order the Medallion itself, given there probably would be more updates in the next 7 months.  Would this strategy make sense?

This thread is already at page 100 - I hope there is no need to read thru the whole thread (let alone the No.2 thread!)  Sigh.

My daughter used an Android on our cruise last week with no problems.  She's on 12 so it's not like you're light years back.  I, on the other hand, had an old i6 that Apple wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole let alone the app..  Must have been 6 or 7 years old.  Upgraded to an SE.

Yup - iPhone 6’s we’re released in 2014, so 7 years is about right.  Mobile phone models change annually, so after 6-7 years the manufacturers pretty much disavow any knowledge of them!  

It’s funny - we upgraded from a 6 to an 11, and it seemed like suuuuuch a long time between that upgrade.  I thought for sure the 6 was older until I looked it up!  🙃 

Does the app require a different login than the website?  Set my wife's account up on the website, and it found her  Princess Number, her past cruises, etc, no issue.

Downloaded the app and installed it, tried the same login and it wouldn't work.  Do you have to register separately on the app or does it just take time to sync the account across Princess so that it will work on the app?

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Does the app require a different login than the website?  Set my wife's account up on the website, and it found her  Princess Number, her past cruises, etc, no issue.

Downloaded the app and installed it, tried the same login and it wouldn't work.  Do you have to register separately on the app or does it just take time to sync the account across Princess so that it will work on the app?

Could be a timing issue if you just setup a new account on the website.  You do use same login credentials for both.

Looking for a bit of help.  Had done all the required steps in my app which also showed my partner.  Went to check on his phone how things were looking and a couple of steps needed completing.  However I’ve go stuck on the adding payment method.  In my app it wouldn’t let me select or tick anything to allow his charges on the card I had lodged. So I entered ky card details into his payment section and it rejected it saying this card was already on file.  So then deleted the card from my medallion, ticked the box to allow him to use the same card and still getting the same issue re the card already being on the account, when it isn’t.  I’ve waited 24 hours and tried again to no avail. So nearly neither of us have a payment method on our accounts but it says the card has already been lodged.  Any ideas folks?