The Ovation has made it to Seattle!

17 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

I wonder where the Ovation will go when the Alaska Season is over.  Doubtful it will return to Australia due to it's borders still being closed to Foreign Travelers  

Genuinely hoping...but unlikely...for the Ovation to:

* sail Pacific Coastals out of SF, LA, or SD.

* sail Hawaii, r/t, out of SF, LA, or SD.

* Have the Navigator sail the 3 & 4 nights and Ovation the 7 night sailings to Mexico, out of LA, SF, or SD.

In other words, please let it just sail somewhere in California.

OR, in my wildest dreams...sail the South Pacific r/t from one of the Ca. ports.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

* Have the Navigator sail the 3 & 4 nights and Ovation the 7 night sailings to Mexico, out of LA, SF, or SD.

OR, in my wildest dreams...sail the South Pacific r/t from one of the Ca. ports.

Some great ideas!!

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Well that would be amazing!  Fingers crossed

6 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Both the Serenade and the  Ovation are at the doc in Seattle.

Not today --  saw them sail out through Admiralty Inlet, last night. Don't know how far they're going, but one is due back in the Port of Seattle on the 5th, and one on the 8th (according to the vessel-locating website that I use.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Serenade left around the same time for a shorter joy ride. The Serenade was suppose to do a test cruise next week,,, not sure if that is still happening. 

Serenade has its test cruise Wed July 7 sailing to Ketchikan, returning Sunday July 11.  Passengers expected: 400

On 6/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, bonsai3s said:

Thank you!

Nice to finally see a Royal Carribean ship in Seattle. We were a group of 30 among hundreds booked on the Ovation, Singapore to Tokyo, then Tokyo to Seattle, b2b, cancelled due to covid.

We were suppose to be on that as well.  It is good to see the ship make in here.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

We were suppose to be on that as well.  It is good to see the ship make in here.

Us, too.  And John, remember we were on the Snowbird Migration Oct. 2019?  We had a meeting in a  conference room with the people that were going to be on that Ovation Singapore cruise.  There was a lot people there.  You sat in front of me.  I think Tim was the organizer for that meeting.   

Oh. Tim of Tim & Kathy from GA.? They are good friends of ours. You won't even recognize Tim now. Unlike the rest of us, Tim has been exercising during lockdown and has lost over a 100 pounds. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, Baowen said:

Good Morning - I got up early to watch her arrive!  The news crew was there also. So excited to see a cruise ship in Seattle again!  She's here for six weeks before her first cruise August 13th.  I'll be on her!

My husband and I will be on the 13 August 2021 sailing as well...   REALLY looking forward to it!!

2 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Why not?

when we were there two years ago we saw so may homeless people down by Pike Market and have heard that after all of the looting and streets being shut down because of the riots that areas of downtown might not be the safest. I hope this is not the case. We would like to do this cruise again, but the plane ride was so long from southwest Florida.

18 minutes ago, fla gang said:

when we were there two years ago we saw so may homeless people down by Pike Market and have heard that after all of the looting and streets being shut down because of the riots that areas of downtown might not be the safest. I hope this is not the case. We would like to do this cruise again, but the plane ride was so long from southwest Florida.

Yes, Seattle does have some problems but those reports were greatly exaggerated.   The "occupied" area was not downtown, it was on Capital Hill.  It was a few blocks is size but some had implied it was half the city.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Yes, Seattle does have some problems but those reports were greatly exaggerated.   The "occupied" area was not downtown, it was on Capital Hill.  It was a few blocks is size but some had implied it was half the city.

Absolutely agree! I don't think it is much worse than it was before and alot like any major city now. Seattle is a great place to visit before and after the cruise. So much to do and see especially our beautiful mountains and water.

On 7/4/2021 at 12:14 AM, Coralc said:

Oh. Tim of Tim & Kathy from GA.? They are good friends of ours. You won't even recognize Tim now. Unlike the rest of us, Tim has been exercising during lockdown and has lost over a 100 pounds. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Wow - Congratulations! Most of us have gone the other way 😉 

• Like 1