The Daily for Friday Jul 02, 2021

richwmn

A few more photos from Gozo from the Prinsendam 2009. It's very hilly and there are many ancient sites, one being The Ggantija Temples, from the Neolitic period, making them over 5500 years old. 

I know it used to be on many Prinsendam itineraries, but was often cancelled, so thought I'd share one picture of the temple structure that remains and just another photo showing some old stone walls. This was all out of town, but don't recall how far.

Picture 014.jpg

P1050962.JPG

Picture 056.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich and Roy for the Daily Report and for the care lists—-and a big Thank You to all who pray for those in need. I do have an update on my sister. 

There is no cure for ovarian cancer, and her twin sister died of this terrible disease 8 years ago. So the outlook was pretty bleak as she went into the very agressive chemo treatments. (Each was a combination of 5 very powerful drugs).

We are ecstatic at the results of her CAT scan—-as are her Drs at M D Anderson!!

She was Stage 4 when diagnosed, with tumors everywhere. The Cat scan shows that all have disappeared except for 3 tiny spots that have shrunk to almost nothing!!  Rather than facing major invasive surgery, she is now scheduled for laparoscopy with three tiny incisions to remove those spots. 

We are so grateful for all of you who have prayed!!  We know we are seeing a miracle. 
Barb

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wandb said:

We are ecstatic at the results of her CAT scan—-as are her Drs at M D Anderson!!

She was Stage 4 when diagnosed, with tumors everywhere. The Cat scan shows that all have disappeared except for 3 tiny spots that have shrunk to almost nothing!!  Rather than facing major invasive surgery, she is now scheduled for laparoscopy with three tiny incisions to remove those spots. 

How wonderful.  That is a miracle indeed and such very good news 👍 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Hmm. I believe they made ours. From Canada, right? Ours is a distressed grey color and is on casters. From Costco.

Yes, same company.  Got ours from Costco as well. Ours will probably go grey as it ages.  I don’t think I want to stain it.

Here’s the irony - the wood is from Canada, it’s made in Canada and then it’s shipped to the U.S. and sold from there!  Go figure!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wandb said:

Thank you Rich and Roy for the Daily Report and for the care lists—-and a big Thank You to all who pray for those in need. I do have an update on my sister. 

There is no cure for ovarian cancer, and her twin sister died of this terrible disease 8 years ago. So the outlook was pretty bleak as she went into the very agressive chemo treatments. (Each was a combination of 5 very powerful drugs).

We are so grateful for all of you who have prayed!!  We know we are seeing a miracle. 
Barb

How wonderful, Barb! Truly something to be thankful for!

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes, same company.  Got ours from Costco as well. Ours will probably go grey as it ages.  I don’t think I want to stain it.

Here’s the irony - the wood is from Canada, it’s made in Canada and then it’s shipped to the U.S. and sold from there!  Go figure!

So I guess for both of us, it is “imported”.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

We're celebrating Independence Day by taking in all our outside furniture and making hurricane preparations. (Also, there will be steak - which is nice.)

nice-things-hurricane.png

Edited by POA1
  • Like 23

Good Morning. I'm not sure I should be celebrating forgetfulness. I think there is a way to do it by I forget what it is.

Love the Diller line. I really do miss that era of great comics such as Phyllis Diller and Rodney Dangerfield. They had so many great one-liners.

The flat bread meal looks great but I would pass of the drink suggestion.

E eryone stay safe.

Jim

• Like 16

@wandb that's fantastic news about your DS; let's hope it can all be removed with the minimally invasive procedure.  

@kazu I really make a lot of use of our combination unit.  For last night's fish, I put it into the toaster oven at 350 for 15 minutes, then turned on the air fryer for another 10 and it was perfect.  I like the fact that it's a combination of air fryer, toaster and oven, so I can do more things with it.  On the other hand, the air fryer of this brand doesn't have variable temperature (450, like it or lump it), so you have to watch some things so they don't overcook.  I keep ours on the deck in the summer so it doesn't heat up the house.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 21

Good Morning from a very bright and warm day at the beach

UFO`S have certainly taken up some news time lately. Forgetting is a daily occurrence around here! LOL

Having friends over to watch the fireworks tomorrow nite, so going out today to get some snacks.  Cape Canaveral does them tonite, Cocoa Beach tomorrow and Cocoa is on the 4rth. So it will be a very busy weekend around here. Hope the weather holds!

Glad to hear some encouraging news from @wandband on Baby Camilla.

Off to water aerobics and then shopping

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 16

@POA1 and all Florida CC'ers, stay safe, and keep in touch with us!

For those who are travelling this holiday weekend, please take care.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for your hard work in putting together the Daily. Thanks to all who contribute. 

My heart goes out to the small town of Lytton. A tragedy. 

We are due to be 93 today. Our 10 day weather forecast continues to promise rain but we have not seen any since the last gully washer. 

I'm not sure about UFO's. Why can't we get a clear picture? Even the government pictures are fuzzy..

image.png.074b957453a6caf0f2f8dcb7bbfdfc54.png

Have a lovely weekend. Prayers, Cheers and Blessings.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone from beautiful Midland, Michigan.   Stayed with my sister in Midland last night and we will join the northern migration today and head for the Traverse City area - Kewadin, to be specific.

Today's meal sounds good.  A little carby for me, but it would be a nice dinner with a green salad to go along with it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spinach-and-cheese-flatbread-recipe-1973893

Spinach and Cheese Flatbread.jpeg

What a small world.  We were visiting my cousin and the Alden B Dow house in Midland yesterday and are back at my mom’s in Boyne Falls.  All my sibs are visiting from Chicago and Detroit for the 4th.  Looks like it is going to be a very nice day.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck today Melanie and Jim.

Hopefully you have no side effects.

62°F and sunny here this afternoon.

We have been to a Yorkshire designer outlet this morning.

We have stayed in Malta and visited Valletta several times in a cruise.

It is a very scenic cruise in.

Gozo is a little island next to Malta.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham. 

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

Thank you for the daily and care reports.

After leaving the outside designer outlet we drove 30 miles to the Inside designer mall and had some lunch there.

I have never seen any UFOs but seen programs and read books of Arthur C Clarke's about UFOs.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham 

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning all!  It looks like rain is on its way here from the north today.  I have to go out for my hair appointment in a bit and looks like I will get caught up in it unfortunately.  I just heard Elsa is officially a hurricane now so I will have to keep an eye on the weather because we can end up with high winds and tons of rain from them.

I have been in Mgarr, Malta in 2017 on a 22 day Westerdam cruise from Barcelona to Venice.  It was HOT!  We still enjoyed it though.  Here is the view as we approached the island of Gozo.enhance

Everything is so spread out so we decided to take a Hop On-Hop Off bus ride to see some of the sights.  From the top of the double decker bus we saw thisenhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Homes and businesses along the streets we rode on.  Lots of balcony space.enhance

Decorative lights above the streets in the capital, Victoria.enhance

enhance

Along the coastline there is a spot called Fungus Rock where divers like to go. enhance

enhance

We had a short stop at Ta Pinu Basilica.  Very pretty.enhance

enhance

Some green space in the cityenhance

Heading back to the port, you can see the Westerdam at anchor far off in the distance.enhance

It's an interesting place but I would probably only need to see it once.  The next day was Valletta , and that was an awesome stop along our cruise.  In fact, we docked in Valletta the same evening after leaving Mgarr, and seeing it lit up at night is part of the wonder of the city.

Nice collection of photos.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 8

Good morning all. Well, the garlic has been harvested, the one planted in the fall. The spring planting is not quite ready so it will stay in the ground.

i am fighting an ant invasion in my kitchen, the small ones. I think Floridians call them sugar ants. So,I am cleaning my cupboards, taking everything out, wiping it down. We have set out ant traps as well and are trying to find where they are coming in from. Crazy.

so much sadness what with the heat and fires out west, the condo collapse and the potential hurricane in Florida. Then the good news about @wandb’s sister’s cancer having shrunk to almost nothing makes things more positive. Prayers fir all that need them and I will hoist a celebratory glass of wine tonight. No clue what we will eat but it will simple since cleaning the kitchen, even though quite small, will take most of my energy today

8C63E4F5-4A00-4224-9125-D28C5B891323.jpeg

• Like 20

👍Thank you Rich @richwmn for The Daily, to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists and to all who contribute to this site.😊

Early in our cruising adventures, we visited Valleta in Malta from a 🚢Princess ship and just remember walking around taking in the sites.

Years ago, we stopped in Roswell and Malcolm McDowell was signing autographs at the International UFO Museum and Art Center. 😯I know a "crazy" Bucket List, lol. 😜😄🙃

🙏Prayers for all in need and those on the road this Fourth of July weekend. 🇺🇲 🚗

Katie

20210702_063623.jpg

Edited by garlictown
  • Like 21

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days!

Phyllis Diller was funny.

The meal lookis good but a bit carby for me. I like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for those posting pictures.

It was fairly cool this morning at 57F and up into the mid-70's later. Very comfortable, with low humidity.

@rafinmd You can remove me from the care list until maybe the 19th, which will be the day before my eye surgery.

@smitty34877 Good news about Camilla getting to be closer. Prayers for Tana.

@wandb That is great news about your sister.

@ger_77 When I redid my kitchen last year I got a combo toaster oven/air fryer' they're quite useful, and I got rid of my separate small round air fryer.

@superoma Wow, lots of great looking garlic.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Also prayers for safe travels for those on the move, and for those in the path of storms/hurricanes.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

We're celebrating Independence Day by taking in all our outside furniture and making hurricane preparations. (Also, there will be steak - which is nice.)

Yikes 😱. Stay safe, please 🙏🏻 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wandb said:

Barb

That is awesome.  Will continue praying for her and all those on the care list.

Thank you,  Rich and Roy for keeping the lists.

I forgot day is everyday here at some point!! 

Enjoying the pictures of Malta.  Have been there once.

Tonight's dinner is Mexican with friends at an outdoor restaurant.  Going to do it early as the coast is busy, busy, busy with all the visitors for the 4th of July.  Fireworks will still be shot off over the bay here on the 3rd.  That leaves the 4th open for neighboring towns.  With the cooler weather and damp fog here we can still have them.  In the larger cities in Oregon most are now banned due to the heat and dry conditions.  

Getting the travel trailer ready to take off early Sunday morning for Diamond Lake.  We were surprised to get a spot on the 4th near Roseburg.  Rest of the week will be at Diamond Lake.  Looking forward to seeing Crater Lake again.

Thanks again for all the encouraging posts.  Stay well and safe.

• Like 19

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday. Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Finally today is the day I see the ear doctor.  It seems like I made this appointment so long ago. I’m hoping I find out why it is still bothering me so much. 

Before seeing the doctor I’m going to TJ’s for our weekly shopping. My weather app says it’s going to rain during that time. I want it to rain but just not while I’m driving. Monsoon storms flood the streets and make it really hard to see. 

I think we might have fish tonight, either fried or in tacos. 

We have not been to Mgarr but have been to Valletta. Looking at a map Gozo is an smaller island next to Malta where Valletta is but still part of Malta. I have to say that our sail into Valletta was probably the most picturesque we have ever seen. All the buildings and homes all the same sandy light tan color. And I’ll never forget that it was where I accidentally dropped and broke my wonderful Pentax camera. I loved that camera. I did have it repaired but DH accidentally dropped it at Disneyland a few years later and I never had it repaired again. 

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe today, the beginning of the long Holiday weekend. 

• Like 19