Sailing out of Florida

trtog7

Too early to tell. NCL just filed a lawsuit. Threatens to leave Florida. Other lines could follow. Cruise ships could operate by separating those that voluntarily provide vaccination proof from those that do not. Florida has no jurisdiction once the ship enters international waters. RCI will severely limit access locations on the ship for unvaccinated passengers and will charge them high fees for frequent testing as well as any medical service. Vaccinated passengers will not incur testing fees. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/norwegian-cruise-line-sues-florida-surgeon-general-to-end-vaccine-passport-ban-.html

• Like 2

The Celebrity Edge sailed from Florida with 99% Vaccinated Passengers.

RCCL is requiring unvaccinated to pay more and it's on a volunteer basis, so it's up to you if you want to face the restrictions and the higher costs. 

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

The Celebrity Edge sailed from Florida with 99% Vaccinated Passengers.

RCCL is requiring unvaccinated to pay more and it's on a volunteer basis, so it's up to you if you want to face the restrictions and the higher costs. 

And unvaccinated passengers may not be able to disembark at certain ports that require proof for entry.

• Like 1

Still too early to tell. Some lines are requesting their unvaccinated passengers to take out mandatory covid travel insurance, and to pay for PCR testing throughout the cruise.

I'll be on one of the first sailings out of Fort Lauderdale when they restart in November!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Still too early to tell. Some lines are requesting their unvaccinated passengers to take out mandatory covid travel insurance, and to pay for PCR testing throughout the cruise.

I'll be on one of the first sailings out of Fort Lauderdale when they restart in November!

Regal - November 2021 - starting November 17th - 4-3-5-5 day cruises

• Like 3

Passengers are to attest to their vaccination status prior to the ship arriving in a Florida port, Princess HQ is in California.  How can a FL law govern a CA company?

They will have the information prior to sailing, if any passengers are caught lying they should be put off at the first port and find their own way home.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SLC1954 said:

Passengers are to attest to their vaccination status prior to the ship arriving in a Florida port, Princess HQ is in California.  How can a FL law govern a CA company?

They will have the information prior to sailing, if any passengers are caught lying they should be put off at the first port and find their own way home.

How will they know if the passenger was lying?  Asking for a friend!!  You can still catch the virus after being vaccinated, so that's not in indicator.  You can't get information from the passenger's medical care facility...so basically their word or some paper they present (that can be fabricated) is all they have.

14 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

How will they know if the passenger was lying?  Asking for a friend!!  You can still catch the virus after being vaccinated, so that's not in indicator.  You can't get information from the passenger's medical care facility...so basically their word or some paper they present (that can be fabricated) is all they have.

99% of COVID  patients in hospital right now are the unvaccinated. Nuff said. If a person is diagnosed with COVID on board they can request them to show proof from their health provider or be out off ship. At least that is what I would suggest

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

99% of COVID  patients in hospital right now are the unvaccinated. Nuff said. If a person is diagnosed with COVID on board they can request them to show proof from their health provider or be out off ship. At least that is what I would suggest

I completely agree with that...actually 99.5% of hospitalized and deaths are unvaccinated people.  But that wasn't the question.  The poster said if someone is caught lying about being vaccinated they should be put off the ship (which I can also support)...but my question was how do you know they lied??  Paperwork can be faked...and because I catch the virus doesn't mean I wasn't vaccinated.  Just curious how they expect that to pan out. 

3 hours ago, SLC1954 said:

What port will take them? Why wait for a port? I'm sure they can manage to improvise a plank.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Following the Royal Caribbean board I have learned that unless you are willing to prove that you are vaccinated you are subject to paying for extra covid testing, limited to certain venues and segregated to separate dining rooms. They will also not be allowed to disembark at ports that require full vaccination and will be subject to ship sponsored excursions at ports that don't require full vaccination. The vaccinated will wear a special wristband so they can be identified. They are not asking for proof of vaccine. The information is voluntary.  Their sister company Celebrity is just ignoring the law and requiring vaccinated passengers only with the exception of those who are not eligible for the vaccine. 

Forgot to mention that the unvaccinated also need to purchase covid insurance that provides emergency evacuation.  The extra expenses for those who don't want to vaccinate are adding up.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:
5 hours ago, SLC1954 said:

Expand  

How will they know if the passenger was lying?  Asking for a friend!!  You can still catch the virus after being vaccinated, so that's not in indicator.  You can't get information from the passenger's medical care facility...so basically their word or some paper they present (that can be fabricated) is all they have

They can require that the vaccination verifs be submitted from (2) or (3) sources prior to arriving at the Florida ports. It can be hand carried to non-Florida ports.

The 3 would be:

1. CDC or other vax receipt 

2. State registry

3. Medical records 

Yes. They cannot request it from medical records but we can supply it with the attestation. (Those are the 3 I'm bringing to Seattle. In fact I've sent it via email to my PVP months ago when I booked Alaska)

9 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

Regal - November 2021 - starting November 17th - 4-3-5-5 day cruises

I am glad to know there are regular contributors here on CC that are on the first voyages as I know we will get reports during or after the voyage.  That's why you have unlimited internet!!!  LOL.  (Enjoy the cruise and tell us about it later).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am glad to know there are regular contributors here on CC that are on the first voyages as I know we will get reports during or after the voyage.  That's why you have unlimited internet!!!  LOL.  (Enjoy the cruise and tell us about it later).

LOL! Honestly what else is that unlimited internet for if it's not meant to report back?!?! 😂

• Haha 1

Apparently, Celebrity is calling their guests to find out if they are vaccinated, and willing to share their vaccine status.  I don't know exactly how they are keeping it to 5% unvaccinated, but they say they are.  Like Royal, if you're not vaccinated you pay extra, and have way more restrictions (no spa or gym for you).    If you said you would show your card (you can do that, they just, pending the NCL lawsuit, can't require it), and you don't, you join the unvaccinated.

I imagine Princess will do something similar.  If they want 100% vaccinated - no card no board I guess.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

What port will take them? Why wait for a port? I'm sure they can manage to improvise a plank.

RCI put off a passenger who tested positive and traveling companion in the Bahamas and flew them home to New York.

Passenger was not happy:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/nyc-woman-booted-from-royal-caribbean-cruise-after-testing-positive-for-covid/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, caribill said:

RCI put off a passenger who tested positive and traveling companion in the Bahamas and flew them home to New York.

Passenger was not happy:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/nyc-woman-booted-from-royal-caribbean-cruise-after-testing-positive-for-covid/

I read a reddit thread on this that a friend sent me.  I wonder if she'll get fired from her job when she gets back?  Employers are frowning on people who make Covid scenes.  Cruiselines aren't messing around.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Passenger was not happy:

This gives me even more reassurances that cruising will be safe. No vax + positive test = off ship. And yes, you can test negative one day & positive later on. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trtog7 said:

What are Princess Cruise Line's plans in regards to Florida Governor's wish to fine companies who request vaccination status?

The cruise lines are trying to keep passengers and crew safe.  I hope that Princess and other cruise lines call the governor's bluff.  Go ahead and fine us, and then come and try to collect it!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Passenger was not happy:

So the passenger claims RCI falsified the positive test. When I read things like this I always ask myself, why would RCI intentionally falsify a test to show positive? What would be in it for them? This makes me doubt they falsified the test result as the only thing I can think of that might be a marginal plus for RCI would be them making an example of a passenger who probably knew they were misidentified as vaccinated and said nothing to correct the mistake. Even if that were the case, RCI would be in for a bigger downside if they were caught falsifying a test.

• Like 1