Medallion Class app survey

PRNole47

No doubt, from what I've seen, many people have been able to use their app w/o any problems. Others, like me, have not been that lucky, for I (we?) have found a rather recalcitrant app to work with. So, I'm curious as to how common are the problems I've encountered with the app. I'm going to list the problems I'm having and would love to know from those who are having similar problems, if you could ID those that are happening to you as well. Two caveats: When I first began to use the MC app last year, before the pandemic shut down all cruising, the app worked fine, all the way into the terminal and right up to the time the cruise was cancelled. The other caveat is that I tried all day yesterday and the day before to go through the PCL Navigators Team and correct the problems, or enter my info manually through them. That didn't work either because they informed me their servers were down and they, too, could not do anything from their end. So, here are my recurring problems:

1. Trying to "save" any changes that I may be able to do on screen will turn the screen blank, white, and freeze the app, so that I have to remove it from the screen (memory) and load it again.

2.  My middle name in the Accounts/Profile Info screens shows up twice.

3.  My phone numbers are incorrect, in that they show a different area code than mine. 

4.  I cannot enter my true health status (fully vaccinated) so that clicking "Yes" doesn't work, but entering "No" (not vaccinated) works every time.

5.  Trying to choose my Disembark choice causes an endless "loading" loop.

6.  And, when the screen appears not to know what to do, it defaults to that blank, white screen that freezes the app.

Granted, these problems may be corrected in time, once the Navigators' servers are back up, but they may not. I've had these problems for quite some time.

Oh, and I am using the latest app version available, v3.1.3. And, yes, I've deleted it and re-installed it several times.

Would love to see who else may be having some of the same problems, or even others that I'm not experiencing.

Interesting to do a Survey, but I wonder how to keep this thread from being a duplicate of two other threads plus DMW thread. I will say that Servers seem to be a significant part of the problem, slow response from a server makes it seem like a function in the app is not working. Inconsistency is a curse. Secondly moving data from one server to a new server, or giving different module access to different servers makes this even worse. Hard to distinguish between App problems and Server / Data problems. Lastly I think Medallion Class is a cobbled together version of previously separate modules rather than a rewrite to put all functions in one new App - a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Interesting to do a Survey, but I wonder how to keep this thread from being a duplicate of two other threads

agreed - just re-hashing of continuous problems - I was looking for a "poll" when I read 'survey'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I get the WSOD when I try to access DMW and Health Info.

DH has a middle name, I do not. Initially, the app put his middle name in my profile. The "help" team removed it after 2 emails.

Also, corrected after the emails was being unable to view the info for my first cruise in Jan. '22. No matter what I did, I could only see the 2nd cruise in April '22.

Now I'm just waiting. There's no rush and I'm tired of fighting with it.

45 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

No doubt, from what I've seen, many people have been able to use their app w/o any problems. Others, like me, have not been that lucky, for I (we?) have found a rather recalcitrant app to work with. So, I'm curious as to how common are the problems I've encountered with the app. I'm going to list the problems I'm having and would love to know from those who are having similar problems, if you could ID those that are happening to you as well. Two caveats: When I first began to use the MC app last year, before the pandemic shut down all cruising, the app worked fine, all the way into the terminal and right up to the time the cruise was cancelled. The other caveat is that I tried all day yesterday and the day before to go through the PCL Navigators Team and correct the problems, or enter my info manually through them. That didn't work either because they informed me their servers were down and they, too, could not do anything from their end. So, here are my recurring problems:

1. Trying to "save" any changes that I may be able to do on screen will turn the screen blank, white, and freeze the app, so that I have to remove it from the screen (memory) and load it again.

3.  My phone numbers are incorrect, in that they show a different area code than mine. 

4.  I cannot enter my true health status (fully vaccinated) so that clicking "Yes" doesn't work, but entering "No" (not vaccinated) works every time.

6.  And, when the screen appears not to know what to do, it defaults to that blank, white screen that freezes the app.

Granted, these problems may be corrected in time, once the Navigators' servers are back up, but they may not. I've had these problems for quite some time.

Oh, and I am using the latest app version available, v3.1.3. And, yes, I've deleted it and re-installed it several times.

Would love to see who else may be having some of the same problems, or even others that I'm not experiencing.

I've experienced similar problems.  Two days ago I was forced to get a re-booking after asking for new pricing. WHY?  Despite everything working under the old booking # everything got jumbled with the new number starting with me being assigned a new birthday.  Try correcting that on the app.  Using the app on two different devices showed different items completed.  Mostly correct now put despite getting a saved message the system will not retain my PIN so I get an incomplete check-in.  Have had many occasions of white pages.  Can't count the number of wasted hours on the phone for both parties.  Totally unimpressed.

1 hour ago, PRNole47 said:

Really this is a repeat of other threads. I suggest just showing up at the terminal and letting the Princess staff help you complete your check in. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, dog said:

Really this is a repeat of other threads. I suggest just showing up at the terminal and letting the Princess staff help you complete your check in. 

One day I'll sit down when no one's home and read thru all the threads so I can find all the complaints about the MC app.

20 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

I am among those who think we do not need another new thread to document the same MC App bugs.  We also have one specially for DineMyWay.

As for your #1, I believe you are on Apple from the version nbr you mentioned, so I hope you can translate my Android notes into Apple.  When you have the WSOD, swipe up from bottom edge of phone and you get three basic navigation commands.  Tapping the "<" symbol will take you back to the previous screen and the MC App will function still without re-starting it or the phone.

They are aware of this error, but it is intermittent and occurs in varying situations so it has been hard to debug.

• Thanks 2

When I try to login to the app with my user name and password I get the parental control screen.  My birthdate is in and correct. If I login using my booking number I get in no problem.  Anyone else having this issue?  I did a chat online with a rep but they couldn’t come up with an answer. 09E7A8C1-4C49-413A-B2C9-F3A15A2E3B25.thumb.jpeg.864e34d4777d7c90aed3dfaad3a50dbf.jpeg

• Like 1

Fortunately our next 4 cruises are all in 2022 starting in January.

I have been trying for weeks to get stuff loaded for our January cruise and have obviously not had the same luck that others have had.  As of yesterday I gave up.  I am hoping that since US cruising starts back tomorrow that this app will be working for me before too long, since I still have some time to get it straight.  I really feel for those who are taking these early Alaska cruises who still have things messed up.  I do pray that they are still accepted on their cruise and not turned away because of this app, they are the real losers in all of this, and Princess doesn't seem to care.

20 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

When I try to login to the app with my user name and password I get the parental control screen.  My birthdate is in and correct. If I login using my booking number I get in no problem.  Anyone else having this issue?  I did a chat online with a rep but they couldn’t come up with an answer. 

You win! This is the weirdest problem I've seen anybody mention here. I hope you get it straightened out. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

If I login using my booking number I get in no problem.  Anyone else having this issue?  I did a chat online with a rep but they couldn’t come up with an answer. 

I spoke to Support yesterday and she said logging in with Booking number seemed to have fewer problems.

I also think this thread should be merged.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When you have the WSOD, swipe up from bottom edge of phone and you get three basic navigation commands.  Tapping the "<" symbol will take you back to the previous screen and the MC App will function still without re-starting it or the phone.

I tried your suggestion (Android). Unfortunately, on my phone swiping up results in going to the home page. I tried in several locations toward the bottom of the screen and either got no response or back to the home page. 

Oh well. I'm continuing to wait patiently.

3 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

When I try to login to the app with my user name and password I get the parental control screen.  My birthdate is in and correct. If I login using my booking number I get in no problem.  Anyone else having this issue?  I did a chat online with a rep but they couldn’t come up with an answer. 09E7A8C1-4C49-413A-B2C9-F3A15A2E3B25.thumb.jpeg.864e34d4777d7c90aed3dfaad3a50dbf.jpeg

I've run into this on occasion.  Didn't understand it nor why.  I sign in with booking number and don't sign off due to fear of not being able to get back on.  The few times I tried to sign on with my log in information have yielding failure.  

Good afternoon.   This response is for the OP in the thread.   You are in luck today.  Go to princess.com and log in; pick manage my cruise; click on check in button. There you can still update your profile info; i.e. name, middle name, birthday, etc.  A lot of people are having issues with selecting an arrival time.  unless you are within 45 days you won't be able to select an arrival time.  Once Princess starts cruising and thing start to go smoothly for the trips and the app; you will be able to select arrival time after final payment.  As of now that is not the case. 

28 minutes ago, tarheelz1995 said:

Thank you for using the MedallionClass App! 

So that we can improve our service, please choose one:

A.  It's often unworkable.

B.  It's pretty bad.

C.  It's utter crap.

D.  It's the 7th level of Hell.

Is this the Survey?

I followed the thread with 63 pages and with the help of several posters I  have the app working now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarheelz1995 said:

Thank you for using the MedallionClass App! 

So that we can improve our service, please choose one:

A.  It's often unworkable.

B.  It's pretty bad.

C.  It's utter crap.

D.  It's the 7th level of Hell.

Thanks....I needed a laugh today.  I read your post and sprayed my coffee over my computer screen.   Not a problem.  I needed to clean my screen anyway.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I tried your suggestion (Android). Unfortunately, on my phone swiping up results in going to the home page. I tried in several locations toward the bottom of the screen and either got no response or back to the home page. 

Oh well. I'm continuing to wait patiently.

Sorry about that.  I have a Samsung S10 on latest Android release.  The bad news is I cannot get a WSOD to try and see if I can make my phone do as you report.  The good news is I cannot get a WSOD!

I can see some changes in the Health Status section, so maybe they have fixed some things as well.  They had added a whole spiel on vaccination and exemptions I didn't read for one change.  This section looks and works a lot better now.

One issue I see is that most of a ship departing from a port in Europe is going to be saying they traveled internationally in past 14 days, so that puts most of the ship in the YELLOW Lane.  I am trying to get some clarity on that one.