Live - Allure Simulation Cruise July 27, 2021🛳

36 minutes ago, clochette said:

thanks for the review, it was great following you and I loved being able to see the menus from the QR code.

I wish I had taken more. You can see them on the app, just enterva sailing. May try and look at Ovation or Indy test sailings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Where is that? we are also here............In Virginia that is?

They stopped by our condo ( Casa Bella) and gifted me a nice bottle of Cuban rum😁

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I know you have probably motivated more and more people to post live in future.  ( 🤔). 

He really has!  I think I have decided to do one on my B2B2B on Odyssey now 🤣

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I would guess that 3000 guests would be a good number.  Maybe even a little more.  There would still be plenty of room everywhere but also enough people to generate some fun energy.  Very strange looking at some of your empty pictures.

John, you were lucky you live close to the port terminal.  Hope you'll give us your final thoughts. 

Yes, empty places didn't seem to generate fun energy.

I would be happy on a ship that was only 2/3 full.  We never seem to get  loungers in the Solarium or pool side shade unless we show up at 7am.  Grabbing seats in the Schooner Bar was, at times, difficult, and more than once there were no available tables at Cafe Promenade.  Long wait for elevators which oftentimes arrived full (mobility issue, hard to take stairs).  We grab whatever elevator arrives with room for us whether it's going up or down.  Others might have had more positive experiences.  Just didn't work for us.  Yet we love to cruise.  Nothing like it even with all the inconveniences.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, John&LaLa said:

Cabin door

Cute dog

I love your door magnet! And your dog is so adorable! I love seeing her photos.

P.S. I must say that I am very partial to bearded dogs. Bearded ladies are the best! I may get a bearded dog magnet for our next cruise as well. Maybe, this one:

41iCYK9fV2L._AC_.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Catching up on most of the review today. Never got time after 5 am yesterday to get on CC. Enjoyed reading about your adventures. I know you have probably motivated more and more people to post live in future.  ( 🤔). 

Thanks again. 

Free internet helps 😉

But I didn't mind paying for it to bring you all along.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The one positive is instant elevators 👍

For sure.  You will always mention this in the future.  "Back in the day of the Allure test cruise, we never had to wait..."

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Stopped by Cafe Promenade after leaving Sorrento's.  This furniture looks new, or I just forgot what it looked like. 

20210729_002324.thumb.jpg.5fce3a3e28b6d219867b5d2b39dba551.jpg

Good layout for social distancing👍

It used to be just tables and chairs on all Oasis Class ships, with no semi-circle booths like this.  Agree with you in regards to the layout.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks John for doing this. It is so interesting to see some details on this cruise with so few people.  I am wondering if they have/will tweak some of the events because of the limited number of people on all of the ships. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This site needs user content to thrive, just sayin.

Definitely.  I was on the fence about doing it because I do not sail until 8/22 and there are a few sailings before mine so I assume someone will have already done one by the time I get started.  But last night after scrolling through yours most of the evening, I decided to go for it and already started writing out my intro 🤣.

Hopefully I will be able to answer lots of questions 🙂  Now I just need my Royal Up to be accepted so I can also comment on the Coastal Kitchen / Concierge Lounge situation.

• Like 4

Thanks, John for giving us a taste of cruising again.  I have really missed it.  Glad you and Laura had a good getaway and thanks for helping RCI get a step closer back to  regular cruise operations! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like everyone following your reports on the test cruise,we too want to express  our sincere thanks for a job well done. We will be on the first sailing, August 8, and so hopefully, all protocols were implemented and Royal will now get the green light to resume cruising out of PC. Thanks again for volunteering. 
Joanmarie and Dick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Stopped by Cafe Promenade after leaving Sorrento's.  This furniture looks new, or I just forgot what it looked like. 

20210729_002324.thumb.jpg.5fce3a3e28b6d219867b5d2b39dba551.jpg

Good layout for social distancing👍

I thought the furniture in the picture you posted of the Windjammer looked new also.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought the furniture in the picture you posted of the Windjammer looked new also.

I thought the same too.    I was on Allure Jan 2020 and didn't remember the WJ chairs looking like that but didn't say anything as I figured I just forgot what they looked like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks John for taking time out of your very short cruise to keep everyone informed.  Great job!

I hope the cruise was short enough for Laura to bring her winnings home. Smart lady taking out her winnings. 

Looking forward to your next one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Thanks John for doing this. It is so interesting to see some details on this cruise with so few people.  I am wondering if they have/will tweak some of the events because of the limited number of people on all of the ships. 

Yes, I'm sure they will adapt to reduced capacity for the near term

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thanks John for taking time out of your very short cruise to keep everyone informed.  Great job!

I hope the cruise was short enough for Laura to bring her winnings home. Smart lady taking out her winnings. 

Looking forward to your next one!

I was surprised as well.

My next obstacle is either adding a battery pack or getting a new phone.  

My S9+ is losing power and my 64gb of memory is maxed. Thanks Alexa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1