Do you need your CDC card if X added it to your account on a previous cruise?

Ken the cruiser

For those going on at least their second X cruise since Celebrity started back cruising in June, excluding B2Bs, did you have to show your CDC vaccination card again when checking into your second cruise or did they use the one recorded during the check-in process of your initial X sailing?

11 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Haven't taken our first cruise yet, but out of abundance of caution I would take my original CDC card when ever I travel. Better to be safe than sorry!

Agree.  Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Understand and we plan to do the same. However, there have recently been a few examples posted on CC where folks have accidently left their proof of vaccine at home. It would be nice to know if Celebrity is adding that information to our profile information.

Given Celebrity's approach to IT, I highly doubt that they are capturing that data and later linking it to your personal account. That creates extra work for them with an associated cost, whereas having you provide the CDC card, or whatever your proof of vaccination might be, costs them nothing. Pretty much the same as your travel passport, you need to bring it and show it every time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Given Celebrity's approach to IT, I highly doubt that they are capturing that data and later linking it to your personal account. That creates extra work for them with an associated cost, whereas having you provide the CDC card, or whatever your proof of vaccination might be, costs them nothing. Pretty much the same as your travel passport, you need to bring it and show it every time.

Not only all those good points but would you trust Celebrity's IT department to keep all your documents in order?  I still print and carry a fair amount of stuff on vacations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, d9704011 said:

Not only all those good points but would you trust Celebrity's IT department to keep all your documents in order?  I still print and carry a fair amount of stuff on vacations.

As a current thread demonstrates, people's booked cruises have been disappearing from the website, reappearing, disappearing... With my luck, my proof of vaccination would disappear from the website just as I was checking in!

Like you, I carry printouts of all my critical travel information. It's all available on my iPhone, but why leave anything to chance?

• Like 3

Hold on! Do you realize we are confirming one of the Anit-Vaxer Conspiracies that Secret Govt and Private Organizations are tracking Vaccine-takers so they know who has been infected by the vaccines and have the implants so they can now mind-control them!?! We will All go to the Muster Drill and love it…..we’ll all cancel personal tours and sign up only for the ship Around the Island for 1hr at $500pp Bus tours! We will all laugh outrageously at the Cruise Director jokes about passengers asking if the staff sleeps on the ship………  

I bet Celebrity is also sticking miniature trackers into our Dirty Martini’s!!! 

I knew it!

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I also have not yet sailed but doubt very much they would keep it on record.   One reason might be a violation of HIPPA.   

Just my experience on consecutive cruises they don't store anything on you and you are treated as a new passenger even though you have been on multiple lets.    They don't store your credit card, Passport or even your Photo.    

I don’t have person experience but I agree with the previous poster. You have to show your passport on every cruise and I would expect to show your vaccine card on every cruise. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if any ports wanted to do a random check as well. 

i would keep your vaccine card in the same place as your passport so if you have one, you’ll have the other.

21 minutes ago, Oville said:

OP, you need your passport, photo and credit card each time, my guess is you’ll need your vac card.

Oops, just saw clivey’s response.

Thanks! We will always have those onhand as well as any other necessary items when we go on a cruise as they are on my DW's thriple-ckeck cruise checklist. 😎 

As I mentioned earlier I just wanted to hear from someone that has cruised on multiple post COVID cruises if X was keeping that information stored which apparently they are not.

41 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We will always have those onhand as well as any other necessary items when we go on a cruise as they are on my DW's thriple-ckeck cruise checklist. 😎 

As I mentioned earlier I just wanted to hear from someone that has cruised on multiple post COVID cruises if X was keeping that information stored which apparently they are not.

I think they are my on quadruple check list as well as meds and I’m still stressing at the pre-cruise hotel.  DH left an antibiotic at home year’s ago and our first stop was Key West.  The day didn’t go as planned, a day I’ll never forget.🙃 Tell your wife she’s not alone.😉

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1