Celebrity Milly docked in Juneau with HAL NA has a reported Covid case!!!!

Destiny0315

2 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

I don't understand why you think this is newsworthy enough to start a new topic on CC.. almost sounds like you are gleeful at the news with all the exclamation points..  Another post on CC that turns into a debate of Covid and vaccinations.. aren't there enough already?

As someone that will be onboard in three weeks, I have an interest to know what is happening out there on cruise ships, especially as the delta variant is spreading. (You don't have to read threads that you don't care for! 😉 )

• Like 4

10 hours ago, atexsix said:

I'm not afraid of COVID-19, but I am afraid of paying all that money to stare at towel animals and watch forgettable movies.

Isolation in a Neptune Suite would add the option of outdoor viewing. Not ideal, but better than staring at a screen for a few days in Alaska.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

I don't understand why you think this is newsworthy enough to start a new topic on CC.. almost sounds like you are gleeful at the news with all the exclamation points..  Another post on CC that turns into a debate of Covid and vaccinations.. aren't there enough already?

AGREE!!!!!!! Lots of exclamation points.  Enough is enough.  If you want to talk about vax and unvaxed, join one of the other boards.  I hope the Admin now shuts down this thread.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

Meh. I wouldn’t call it 4 exclamation point news. 

Geez, stop continuing to make this post about exclamation abuse, which I admit too. I see the "breaking news" abuse which is used by everyone now in the media both big and small as much more of an aggravation.

Oh boy....here we go once again !  It really seems like some people ENJOY spreading negative news reports.  It really bugs me to see these posts when the world and cruise lines i.e. EVERYBODY has been trying to move FORWARD....not backward.  Covid is here to stay for awhile I would bet so let's just move forward in a positive manner and only report really really bad news maybe?  Please 🙂

1454906608_cute(2).jpg.6b5e6cdc7add77cbc0e9ac1fae114d4d.jpg

• Like 4

Actually, the whole situation is GOOD news. If the first sailings dodged all the bullets, we’d still be wondering what will happen if someone on OUR upcoming cruise tests positive.

A vaccinated passenger felt slightly ill. They got tested, and were positive. They were removed from the ship in joint cooperation between the ship and the port, and flown home. The cruise continued on to the next destination as scheduled. The other passengers were not affected and lost nothing.

Everything went as well as could be hoped for. As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. After this, I feel much more confident about upcoming cruises.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Isolation in a Neptune Suite would add the option of outdoor viewing. Not ideal, but better than staring at a screen for a few days in Alaska.

I can handle that I think.  

Just wondering how much contact is required to warrant isolation as they call it? 

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Actually, the whole situation is GOOD news. If the first sailings dodged all the bullets, we’d still be wondering what will happen if someone on OUR upcoming cruise tests positive.

A vaccinated passenger felt slightly ill. They got tested, and were positive. They were removed from the ship in joint cooperation between the ship and the port, and flown home. The cruise continued on to the next destination as scheduled. The other passengers were not affected and lost nothing.

Everything went as well as could be hoped for. As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. After this, I feel much more confident about upcoming cruises.

You expressed my sentiments exactly--we can see what happened on one ship and how it was handled--I like to get this type of info and feel more comfortable sailing in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Geez, stop continuing to make this post about exclamation abuse, which I admit too. I see the "breaking news" abuse which is used by everyone now in the media both big and small as much more of an aggravation.

We're just yankin' your chain. 😁

1 hour ago, 12cruise2 said:

You expressed my sentiments exactly--we can see what happened on one ship and how it was handled--I like to get this type of info and feel more comfortable sailing in the future.

Agree that it's been helpful to monitor what's happening aboard other lines, in various places of the world. There have been vastly different reactions in some places. It's helpful to see how things are handled between ships with various vaccination requirements and other protocols. To me, it gives great insight into what to expect pre-travel, during travel and post-travel. Many are hesitant to book because we don't want to be stranded in a foreign country or far from home--isolated--should we test positive. Nor do we want there to be a disruption to a sailing because of a positive case. Looking at how it's gone so far has helped me in the process. It's nice to see sailings that have gone well.

Edited by syesmar

3 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

In the last 30 minutes KTOO in Juneau posted an article on their website with an audio interview about how Alaska cruise towns are handling Covid-19 arriving on ships.

(Less than 4 minutes long)  https://www.ktoo.org/2021/07/28/how-alaska-cruise-towns-are-handling-covid-19-arriving-on-ships/ 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Interesting, everybody forgot about the small ships allowed to sail and having covid cases.  

And I've always felt it's smart in figuring the virus WILL eventually make its way onto the ships, and then working backward from there on how it will be dealt with.  There's nothing wrong in being proactive on keeping it off the ships, but it's naïve to think it will never get onboard.  

I am also noticing less sensationalism when these stories are being reported, probably because there's no story TO create a sensation with, the cruise lines are following protocols and that's that. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dobiemom said:

This why we will wear our masks in both indoor areas of the ship as well as indoors  on land  .Ny wife & I are in the most vulnerable age groip & we are completely vaccinated  .I Even though the ship pax & crews are vaxed ,people on land may only be partially vaxed & the de;ta variant is spreading very rapidly