New/extended cancelations for Eclipse, Infinity and Solstice

Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

So, my husband and I were discussing this the other night. We are booked on a 7 day Reflection cruise in Feb 2022, can’t honestly recall if this is an FCC or L & S, or just a booking.

We would want to try to rebook on another ship with a similar itinerary. How busy do bookings look going forward. We are going to have this discussion with our TA, after we both get back from upcoming sailings. We don’t want to wait too late, although obviously if Celeb cancels we have the most options. I’m thinking if any Reflection sailings cancel this fall, that will be a bad sign. Or if they do significant lengthening of the itinerary.

The 9+ night Caribbean market is well covered this season with Equinox, Silhouette, Reflection and Constellation all in the mix. I can't think of a scenario where it made sense to cancel Reflection just to redeploy to longer cruises. The 5 day Short Caribbean market is a different animal where Celebrity has little experience. Aside from that, on 7 day cruises, Apex and Edge are still bookings are very strong and Reflection is too. It seems like prices have come up slightly but there were some very good rates on Reflection compared to Edge/Apex for January-March. 

• Like 1

So sad that the cancellations are coming back - and to give that amount of timeframe for rebooking is ridiculous!  I see a website crash in their future (and good luck trying to get ahold of them or your TA on the phone).

As to other sailings - no one really knows.  I have 10 cruises booked in the next year and a half - most of them already lifted and shifted.  I am going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best - it's really all you can do right now.

Just now, Jeremiah1212 said:

The 9+ night Caribbean market is well covered this season with Equinox, Silhouette, Reflection and Constellation all in the mix. I can't think of a scenario where it made sense to cancel Reflection just to redeploy to longer cruises. The 5 day Short Caribbean market is a different animal where Celebrity has little experience. Aside from that, on 7 day cruises, Apex and Edge are still bookings are very strong and Reflection is too. It seems like prices have come up slightly but there were some very good rates on Reflection compared to Edge/Apex for January-March. 

Seems to be a given re Edge, Apex, Equinox sailing, but opinions re Silhouette aren't really mentioned.  We have a 10 night in Nov.....possibility it could be changed to 7 night with different ports, and if so, we would be cancelled outright (again from the Edge in 2020) and have to rebook?  Not looking forward to paying final in a few weeks with this latest announcement and most likely more to come.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

So sad that the cancellations are coming back - and to give that amount of timeframe for rebooking is ridiculous!  I see a website crash in their future (and good luck trying to get ahold of them or your TA on the phone).

As to other sailings - no one really knows.  I have 10 cruises booked in the next year and a half - most of them already lifted and shifted.  I am going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best - it's really all you can do right now.

I used the easy way out - followed the links in the email to request a refund. It took just a few minutes, and I have confirmation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Apex also has a 9 nighter in nov and Dec

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Always best to have plan B & C at this point.  Well done.

Thank you.  But I really wanted plan A!!!!!

My TA has transferred our booking to the Dec 23, 2022 sailing.  Our pricing is great since our price protection is based on the cancelled Dec 2020 14 night Millennium sailing.

One note for everyone, our TA was originally told that one of our FCCs that we used for our now cancelled cruise could not be re-applied because it will have expired before our Dec 2022 cruise.  She was able to talk to a supervisor to get that decision reversed.

Edited by mahdnc

My expectation is that the rest of the ships already expected to be in the Caribbean will be in the Caribbean.  Those that are already in the area, such as Reflection, will skip the TA, and start up in the fall in November.  I'm booked on a November sailing on RF and I'm planning to make final payment  in under a month.  I really believe we will get to sail then.  

There shouldn't be any reason to cancel the already planned sailings starting November in the Caribbean.

We cancelled our Feb Silhouette cruise last week.  This just confirms that it was the correct decision as we would want to see the ship sailing before final payment and actually have a good chance of the cruise happening.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This Jeremiah, that’s helpful info. So much is up in the air right now, we can only think about generalities.  We haven’t had much luck with l&s, the available cruises never seem to quite fit, I’m sure others have had that problem! We will just hang on and hope for the best!

We are sailing the reflection in December. When would we be notified of a cancellation? If we booked air through celebrity would they help us rebook another trip? If we can’t go on our original date then I have a back up cruise that would work the next day. Would we have to pay a different on the airfare and cruise fare?

I spent over 2 hours on the phone today lifting and shifting our April 17, 2022 TransPac (Sydney to Honolulu) to April 2023. Long process on hold with my TA who was on hold with Celebrity. Actually saved some $$ and kept all the amenities. Cabin location not exactly as before but good enough. Will monitor cabins and hopefully get back to the hump.

Was bummed but expected this announcement. 

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We got notification today that out Nov 12 Constellation cruise from Tampa is no more.

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

We got notification today that out Nov 12 Constellation cruise from Tampa is no more.

Sorry to hear.  Worse is that it’s still showing for sale on the website.  

Just now, Josie201 said:

Just now, Josie201 said:

Is that right, what a shame.😠

We are booked on Eclipse for August 2022- Vancouver to Alaska with Hubbard Glacier and Sitka

It will be interesting to see if Eclipse is put back into sailing with paid passengers before the Alaska sailings… and if so… where will she sail with new itineraries before heading up to Vancouver?

Or if Alaska trips become her first out of the gate since this pause??

2 hours ago, naturelovergirl said:

We are booked on Eclipse for August 2022- Vancouver to Alaska with Hubbard Glacier and Sitka

It will be interesting to see if Eclipse is put back into sailing with paid passengers before the Alaska sailings… and if so… where will she sail with new itineraries before heading up to Vancouver?

Or if Alaska trips become her first out of the gate since this pause??

First Eclipse cruise after the pandemic will be May 4, Honolulu to Vancouver after that cruise will begin the Alaska season on May 15.

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

I can see what's coming, very unfortunately :(.  If Solstice isn't going out that was in 2021, presumably she won't be there for Spring 2022?

We are booked on the Circle Japan April 10th 2022, like most on the back of cancellation and Lift And Shifts previously done.

What are they offering by way of Lift and Shift on this autumn cancellations? Just so I can gauge the unknown.

24 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I can see what's coming, very unfortunately :(.  If Solstice isn't going out that was in 2021, presumably she won't be there for Spring 2022?

We are booked on the Circle Japan April 10th 2022, like most on the back of cancellation and Lift And Shifts previously done.

What are they offering by way of Lift and Shift on this autumn cancellations? Just so I can gauge the unknown.

I posted (#11) the notice and offer that we received from Celebrity for our cancelled Dec 2021 Solstice sailing.  For the Lift and Shift, here are the details of what is being offered:

image.png.36022384cf8cf36e0cc377791a32d7f3.png

1 minute ago, Homestyle said:

Thank you for that. It's such a pain for everyone. We have two cabins book on this trip with our son's and Clubworld flights paid for with BA. It's hard to keep track of everything. 

You have to be somewhat organized and keep good notes in order to keep track of things.  I just canceled our flights and hotels that we had set up for our cruise.

• Thanks 1

Just one week to rebook is ridiculous! Plus you are only allowed to book the same ship, unlike earlier L&S, but I think Celebrity would prefer people cancel so they don’t have to honor the old price.

We have 3 cabins on the February 27 Buenos Aires to Chile sailing. Originally supposed to be on the Silhouette in January 2022, then dates were changed to February when Infinity was brought in. We first booked onboard the Edge in December 2019, later got a great price drop with an extra perk. 

We most certainly want to keep the price and perks, so will rebook for March 2023, even though the date doesn’t really suit us. And then wait and watch…

6 minutes ago, prish said:

Just one week to rebook is ridiculous! Plus you are only allowed to book the same ship, unlike earlier L&S, but I think Celebrity would prefer people cancel so they don’t have to honor the old price.

We have 3 cabins on the February 27 Buenos Aires to Chile sailing. Originally supposed to be on the Silhouette in January 2022, then dates were changed to February when Infinity was brought in. We first booked onboard the Edge in December 2019, later got a great price drop with an extra perk. 

We most certainly want to keep the price and perks, so will rebook for March 2023, even though the date doesn’t really suit us. And then wait and watch…

I agree, we got a bargain and moved it to the Japan Apr 2022. Not cancelled has yet. But would definitely prefer to keep the pricing and perks. It make it a BOGOF at today's prices. If it's less days ie 14 to 12, do I get a pro rata amount back?