Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

16 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Just saw that Royal now wants all of us vaccinated to get tested before the cruise too.  Pretty ridiculous.  And I have my PhD in Microbiology so I feel I can comfortably say that!  Cruising in two weeks.

Where is this new regulation by Royal ?

What cruises does this new requirement affect? ALL, SOME, FROM ALL PORTS, ?  

It is already a requirement on some so is this different ??

Sorry if I missed the OFFICIAL statement but have read through the thread twice, might need new glasses ?

post.jpg

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Where are these reports?  I am going on a B2B2B next month and RCL has told me and others that they were already going to be testing us between cruises, even before this new changed.  They are not allowing unvaccinated passengers to do B2Bs 

Southampton cruises.

16 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Where is this new regulation by Royal ?

What cruises does this new requirement affect? ALL, SOME, FROM ALL PORTS, ?  

It is already a requirement on some so is this different ??

Sorry if I missed the OFFICIAL statement but have read through the thread twice, might need new glasses ?

The regulations for the different ports sailing in July and August are here

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where do you get free testing.

We've had free testing in Harris County for well over a year at a number of sites via an outfit called Curative.  You can make an appointment (more like a window to show up), or you can walk-in (based on availability). 

Tests were coming back in about 30-60 hours, but it sometimes would take longer (so I don't know if I would depend on it for travel).  I don't know what turnaround has been lately, as we haven't gone to a Curative site since we were vaccinated.  

It tends to be a bit maddening.  Yesterday, the advisory about needing to be tested before departure could be found when searching travel restrictions for Ovation and Serenade.  TODAY, the advisory is gone, though it’s still showing for FL departures.

15 hours ago, stamphappy said:

We JUST received the email from RCCL today, Thursday, at 1pm stating we need the test 3 days prior to sailing---we sail on MONDAY.  We've called 4 pharmacy companies so far in our area and none are doing rapid tests.  That leaves us with the PCR Test.  How can you do a PCR Test within 3 days of sailing AND produce the results when the results don't even get to sent to you until 3 to 5 days post test???!!!  I am NOT happy right now; am on the phone on hold with RCCL right now to try to get some alternatives.   

If you haven't already, do a internet search for something like "same day covid PCR near me."  Hopefully you have somewhere close by that does that.

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where do you get free testing. 

I've never heard you can get free testing if you dont have a reason to think you have covid.

Please let us know. If it's free, ok, but not if I have to pay for it. 

Why is it always rcl with the worst protocols..first unvaccinated and now this. 

Pissed off

I’ve been tested several times, so have my husband and kids, always free here in NJ, I know it’s the same in NY. I got robo calls daily telling me to get tested, it’s free, until I started getting the vaccine calls instead.One of my daughters was tested weekly at college.

12 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We've had free testing in Harris County for well over a year at a number of sites via an outfit called Curative.  You can make an appointment (more like a window to show up), or you can walk-in (based on availability). 

Tests were coming back in about 30-60 hours, but it sometimes would take longer (so I don't know if I would depend on it for travel).  I don't know what turnaround has been lately, as we haven't gone to a Curative site since we were vaccinated.  

none of that around us and no rapid tests around us in NY  Closest was Virginia!  And nothing around airport.  

7 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I don't know where you got that.  HERE is the CDC science brief for the NEW MASKING GUIDANCE, and I don't see any main study or much of a discussion about an Indian vaccine.

My issues with the CDC brief is that they are referencing "data" that is not published or peer reviewed.  As a scientist, that simply isn't science.  It is like week 1 of teaching general biology!

• Like 6

Here's the leaked slide presentation by the CDC.   It refers to studies that haven't been peer-reviewed, which is usually a no-no.  It also mentions other countries, that use different protocols and/or vaccines than the US did.  

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/54f57708-a529-4a33-9a44-b66d719070d9/note/753667d6-8c61-495f-b669-5308f2827155.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I don't know where you got that.  HERE is the CDC science brief for the NEW MASKING GUIDANCE, and I don't see any main study or much of a discussion about an Indian vaccine.

That is not the latest info.  What I was referring to I linked above which is an internal slideshow that has been leaked.

2 minutes ago, luckyfincruiser said:

My issues with the CDC brief is that they are referencing "data" that is not published or peer reviewed.  As a scientist, that simply isn't science.  It is like week 1 of teaching general biology!

I hear you on that.  At least they do advise that preprints are not to be taken as conclusive.

The issue is that they need to be ahead of the problem.  As a (former) scientist, I like to see data that has been reviewed, combed through, and confirmed.  As a businessman and traveler, I like to take small, inexpensive measures (like masking) to avoid potential large, expensive problems (like outbreaks), even if it turns out those small, inexpensive measures weren't required. A little pain now to avoid the potential of a lot of pain later.

By the time science confirms that the problem is real, it's already happened.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, danv3 said:

The vaccinated continue to pay for the choices of the unvaccinated.  Very frustrating.

Now everyone knows how it feels to be fully vaxxed but not considered "fully vaxxed" by RCL.
Except those in that position still have restrictions once on board.

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

My scenario is we fly on the Friday 10th, are in Tampa with friends on Saturday, cruise on Sunday.  If we test at home the day before the 10th it'll be too soon, if we have to wait for results past Saturday, it will be too early (no results before boarding)???  How can they expect you to do this in some instances.  We would have to leave for Little Rock wee hrs of the morning, find a testing center before our plane leaves at 11...so complicated.

If your cruise embarks on a sunday you can get a PCR test on thursday.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, exm said:

Not sure if you'll be cruising with the ways thinks are going.

I'm on the AOS cruise next month, fully vaccinated except kids under 12. 

I'm not sure either.  🙂  The testing is expensive here for travel reasons, and sometimes the results are slow.  Now, if RCI wanted to offer it at the terminal, at costs, I may sail.  Otherwise, there are too many other places to go, and I won't be fretting about whether I will get test results in time.  🙂  We will be sad, but can wait. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I'm confused by the wording under the Healthy Sail Center.  The new addition states that vaxxed and unvaxxed need to have a PCR or Antigen test prior to arriving at the terminal.  That's fine as we were going to get the Antigen test in order to fly to the US.  However, further down, for unvaxxed guests (which I am now considered due to mixing vaccines), it says that a PCR test is required prior to arriving at the terminal.  Is an Antigen test acceptable?

RCL should have gone 95%+ like their sister company did....

Sailing on Celebrity on Sunday...sailing on Allure in Sept....I don't mind the test..it will be the first one I have had done....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, luckyfincruiser said:

none of that around us and no rapid tests around us in NY  Closest was Virginia!  And nothing around airport.  

What part of NY are you in?  I find it hard to believe there is nowhere you can get a pcr or antigen test.    I am sure that jfk and ewr airports have test sites.

45 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve been tested several times, so have my husband and kids, always free here in NJ, I know it’s the same in NY. I got robo calls daily telling me to get tested, it’s free, until I started getting the vaccine calls instead.One of my daughters was tested weekly at college.

Hi, was that test a PCR or antigen? Thanks.

17 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Just saw that Royal now wants all of us vaccinated to get tested before the cruise too.  Pretty ridiculous.  And I have my PhD in Microbiology so I feel I can comfortably say that!  Cruising in two weeks.

It’s been that way for a lot of RCCL cruises. You need to pay attention to the requirements for your cruise. If you show up without a proper PCR test, you will be denied boarding. 

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sailing on Celebrity on Sunday...sailing on Allure in Sept....I don't mind the test..it will be the first one I have had done....

EXACTLY!   I truly wish they were doing the 95% sailings.  I suspect they may have no choice but to switch over to that option.

I understand their family values was the main reason but kids go back to school in a couple weeks and family vacations will come to an end till the holiday season sailings.

Toddlers traveling with family could still sail under 95% rule.

Time for them to make the change soon!

Right now Freedom and Serenade are sailing under code yellow, per cdc site

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

A lot of us would like that, but families with young children are RCL's bread & butter. You may as well limit Disney World to 95% vaccinated.

Celebrity, Azamura, and Silversea . . . not so much.

• Like 1