Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No I am saying that the protocol has been put in place and I will follow if I wish to cruise.   Cruises are currently at 95% vaxed and I would love to see them at 100%.

I am Vaxed and believe in it.    If they wish to have a pre-test  and even a test during the cruise to filter out breakthrough cases,  I'm OK. 

I will not be getting into a Vax or No Vax discussion.

Thanks for your reply.  No I'm not trying to start a debate.  Just want to understand testing requirements.

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think what someone meant was if you have already had a test in the time window for this sailing would you want/need to sign up for another at the port.  I would not as it would take up my time and delay boarding in general for others.  I know this sailing is under protocols that won’t be in place in the future…it would be nice if at the terminal there were signs for those that already have test results and those needing a test today.

Thanks for the clarity.    I'm in agreement with you and would not have another if already had proof of one within 72 hours.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm the same.     I believe the recent e-mails may be only for the current cruises this weekend who did not have time to plan for this.     I have not received anything new for my 9/5 cruise than the original saying I would have to have a test 72 hours in advance saying it was optional.

Makes sense.  Thanks.

I received this at 10:15 Sunday morning regarding my 8/21 cruise.  Nothing about the 72 hour test, which I received in an email yesterday.  I'll be getting tested regardless.  

Celebrity Cruises - Sail Beyond
We’re counting down the days to your sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Here’s important information on testing and health screening requirements.
US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
 All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.
 Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
VACCINATION POLICY
Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated. 
All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
All unvaccinated children 6 months to 15 years old (6 months to 11 years old as of August 1st) will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.
Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.
WHILE ONBOARD
 Following CDC Guidelines, masks will not be required for vaccinated guests.
WHILE ASHORE
Shore excursion guidance listed by itinerary below. We will continue to monitor and evaluate and update as any changes to local requirements occur.

Families with unvaccinated children are required to take a Celebrity curated tour to go ashore.

Southern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in Aruba and Curacao.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia.

Eastern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Maarten*, St. Thomas and Nassau.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Tortola.

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

Western Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in Nassau.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan.
TRAVEL HOME
 Unvaccinated children are required to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.
 Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julma said:

I received this at 10:15 Sunday morning regarding my 8/21 cruise.  Nothing about the 72 hour test, which I received in an email yesterday.  I'll be getting tested regardless.  

We’re counting down the days to your sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Here’s important information on testing and health screening requirements.
US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
 All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.
 Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
VACCINATION POLICY
Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated. 
All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
All unvaccinated children 6 months to 15 years old (6 months to 11 years old as of August 1st) will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.
Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.
WHILE ONBOARD
WHILE ASHORE
Shore excursion guidance listed by itinerary below. We will continue to monitor and evaluate and update as any changes to local requirements occur.

Families with unvaccinated children are required to take a Celebrity curated tour to go ashore.

Southern Caribbean:
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia.

Eastern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Maarten*, St. Thomas and Nassau.

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

Western Caribbean:
TRAVEL HOME
 Unvaccinated children are required to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.
 Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard.

I got the same e-mail for my 8/15 Equinox cruise.  It will be interesting to see if they have to correct this e-mail or if they are dropping the testing requirement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

OK, so I posted about 10:52, it’s now 11:30 and we are about to walk on the ship, sitting in Retreat port lounge. 
I will post some pictures in a bit.

Was there a separate Retreat or Suites guest entrance to the terminal or did you have to wait in line with the masses?

Edited by terrydtx

39 minutes ago, Julma said:

US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
VACCINATION POLICY
WHILE ONBOARD
WHILE ASHORE

Southern Caribbean:

Eastern Caribbean:

Western Caribbean:
TRAVEL HOME

I got this same one for my Equinox cruise next Sunday.

This is the line at 11:05 this morning - the non-suite line. I will have another picture in next post, but they had the typical posts and chain line up, with an entrance for suites that bypassed all the zigzags and sent you around to the suite entrance.

Plenty of people to show you around. System could be overwhelmed if there is a line to get to the waiting queue.

If everyone follows boarding times or at least close - what you would have done before, it would work fine

BF8E3901-2FFB-4C86-9D11-8448E8E97681.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is in the suite queue, looking back toward queue entrance. The non-suite entrance is right next to this, about where that column on the left is. You can see the person standing ready to help direct, and there were others at the other queue entrance. No signs but very easy

9F32021D-65D9-4A40-9B7D-AD869D0A5325.jpeg

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I got this same one for my Equinox cruise next Sunday.

My email this morning for next week's sailing says antigen or naat test 72 hours before sailing is required. And yes, I got the other mail about it on Friday. I wouldn't think they have changed the requirement; just sloppy emailing practices.

5 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

This is the line at 11:05 this morning - the non-suite line. I will have another picture in next post, but they had the typical posts and chain line up, with an entrance for suites that bypassed all the zigzags and sent you around to the suite entrance.

Plenty of people to show you around. System could be overwhelmed if there is a line to get to the waiting queue.

If everyone follows boarding times or at least close - what you would have done before, it would work fine

BF8E3901-2FFB-4C86-9D11-8448E8E97681.jpeg

Wow… how totally different from our experience on July 17, which was a disaster. What a nice way to start your cruise. Hope you have wonderful time! 🍷Cheers!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

This is in the suite queue, looking back toward queue entrance. The non-suite entrance is right next to this, about where that column on the left is. You can see the person standing ready to help direct, and there were others at the other queue entrance. No signs but very easy

9F32021D-65D9-4A40-9B7D-AD869D0A5325.jpeg

Thank you for posting this, we have a Sky Suite on the 27th.

• Thanks 1

I arrived at the port at 11:50am for a 12:00 Check in.  I was onboard in under 20 minutes from getting out of my Lyft, in my cabin at 12:11.  Testing was cancelled, and the process was quick and painless.  There was a heavy presence at the terminal of Celebrity shoreside staff, in addition to the terminal employees.  All crew onboard are masked, as well as many passengers.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Celebrity has updated their Travel Protocol Requirements, you must provide a negative COVID test starting for sailings August 6 through September 6th.

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.

For the Celebrity Equinox sailing of 8/1/21, pre-cruise testing in the terminal today will be optional for vaccinated guests and required for unvaccinated guests. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes. Additionally, as a reminder, all unvaccinated guests, under 12 years of age, must arrive at the terminal with a negative COVID-19 test result. For today’s embarkation, this test may have be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within the past three days.  

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a Future Cruise Credit will be offered.  Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, brwneyedgirl72 said:

I arrived at the port at 11:50am for a 12:00 Check in.  I was onboard in under 20 minutes from getting out of my Lyft, in my cabin at 12:11.  Testing was cancelled, and the process was quick and painless.  There was a heavy presence at the terminal of Celebrity shoreside staff, in addition to the terminal employees.  All crew onboard are masked, as well as many passengers.  

Was there a line for appointments or was there one line for everyone? 

3 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Celebrity has updated their Travel Protocol Requirements, you must provide a negative COVID test starting for sailings August 6 through September 6th.

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.

For the Celebrity Equinox sailing of 8/1/21, pre-cruise testing in the terminal today will be optional for vaccinated guests and required for unvaccinated guests. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes. Additionally, as a reminder, all unvaccinated guests, under 12 years of age, must arrive at the terminal with a negative COVID-19 test result. For today’s embarkation, this test may have be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within the past three days.  

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a Future Cruise Credit will be offered.  Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

That's what yesterday's emails stated.  Got one this morning at 11:30 saying, no test required for vaccinated US Passengers.

A new world is waiting. Celebrity Cruises.