Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's one device at a time.  If you try to login to the internet from a second device it will tell you and ask if you want to force disconnect the first.  No problem.

Is that one device at a time per passenger or per cabin? For example, if two people are in a cabin and both paid for "Always Included" rate, would each passenger get one device to log in at a time, or do we have to share and log in one device per cabin?

1 hour ago, ETHTrader said:

Is that one device at a time per passenger or per cabin? For example, if two people are in a cabin and both paid for "Always Included" rate, would each passenger get one device to log in at a time, or do we have to share and log in one device per cabin?

Each person would be allowed to log on with their own personal device.  No sharing. You both can be on at the same time.

Edited by keesar

1 minute ago, keesar said:

Each person would be allowed to log on with their own personal device.  No sharing.

I don't think that sharing is an issue. For example, if DW isn't using her device and has logged off, I can be logged in on one of my devices using my account and can log in on my second device using DW's account.

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

A little follow up.  Theoretically I may want to take 2 laptops - personal and work.  I recall seeing something about 1 device per cabin.  I wonder if that means 1 device connected or 1 device overall.  Meaning, could I use my personal for a while then disconnect and use my work without some crazy charge.

Only one device can be connected to EACH account at one time.   You can use unlimited device.   

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

The question becomes is an account defined by cabin or pax.  Should be pax but that makes too much sense.

Each PAX that has internet, sets up an individual account with a username and password.    If 2 PAX in a cabin each will have their own account.     On each individual account if you try to log on a second device it will say only one device can be used at a time and ask if you want to disconnect the other logon.  

6 hours ago, cangelmd said:

One device at a time per person - I’ve been switching back and forth between iPad and iPhone. Took me a bit to remember and get it going at first

Celebrity wifi gives you a logon page, pretty simple right?  I've been on some cruises NCL, Viking where I had trouble connecting and had to play games with network numbers etc ex. 192.168.254.1. I never figured out where the problem was, if my device or the cruiseline.  And I work in IT and should know better but I'm a systems guy not a network guy.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity wifi gives you a logon page, pretty simple right?  I've been on some cruises NCL, Viking where I had trouble connecting and had to play games with network numbers etc ex. 192.168.254.1. I never figured out where the problem was, if my device or the cruiseline.  And I work in IT and should know better but I'm a systems guy not a network guy.

I've had a similar experience and have both the IP address stored but found you can also type the URL

guest.onboardicafe.com  and it take you right to the signon or signup window.

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've had a similar experience and have both the IP address stored but found you can also type the URL

The URL is probably a DNS alias.  Better to use it than the IP if for no other reason than to take advantage of whatever load balancing is being used.  Though if you can't connect at all  due to route issues the IP may be the only workaround.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ok thanks.  This is useful.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.  This is useful.

I bookmarked it a couple years ago and it seems always to work.   I think another alias is Logon and Logout.com  if switching between users.  D96A4D79-4356-4621-A7D2-2F7287BD1FB3.thumb.jpeg.a2e4af20b9fb2b03bcc48a75d8f12978.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

On the Equinox and other Solstice-class ships, can the "ILounge" still be found on Deck 6 (midships) -- or has it been moved or eliminated completely (to allow for the insertion of more staterooms or some other feature?

(This question is being asked for all guests who have no "smartphone" and are hoping to be able a computer in the ILounge.)

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, jg51 said:

On the Equinox and other Solstice-class ships, can the "ILounge" still be found on Deck 6 (midships) -- or has it been moved or eliminated completely (to allow for the insertion of more staterooms or some other feature?

(This question is being asked for all guests who have no "smartphone" and are hoping to be able a computer in the ILounge.)

Thank you.

Still on deck 6, midship. 

On 8/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I would and have already made an appointment.   The test is no big deal.   I've had 3 and they took less than 5 minutes. 

I guess the decision is whether you want to go on the cruise or cancel over not wanting to be tested.

Hi Jim,

I'm on the Equinox 9/17 with you.  We are flying into FLL on Thurs, 9/16.  Is there a specific test we need to have prior to boarding?  I want to make sure I don't have any issues when we board.

Thanks

Sue

Your best bet is to not rely on any of us to tell you what is needed.  You need to keep up with e-mails, etc. from Celebrity.;

No one knows what will be required any day going forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi Jim,

I'm on the Equinox 9/17 with you.  We are flying into FLL on Thurs, 9/16.  Is there a specific test we need to have prior to boarding?  I want to make sure I don't have any issues when we board.

Thanks

Sue

For me I set up an appointment to get the 30 minute Antigen test.      I had to make an appointment at an independent lab and pay for it.   Kaiser has advised I just need to file a claim and will be reimbursed.

I tried the PCR test on Monday and the results took 50 hours to receive results so I am a bit nervous to have that one and not have results in time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

For me I set up an appointment to get the 30 minute Antigen test.      I had to make an appointment at an independent lab and pay for it.   Kaiser has advised I just need to file a claim and will be reimbursed.

I tried the PCR test on Monday and the results took 50 hours to receive results so I am a bit nervous to have that one and not have results in time.

I'll need to set up an appointment.  Since we're retired and hope to be travelling more I'm going to looking in annual travel insurance.  Is that what Kaiser is?