Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

4 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I already booked three 2023 cruises (Royal and Celebrity) with refundable deposits, just in case I see something new from Royal that I can't resist.

I booked an April '23 Oasis...but I made sure to go refundable deposit, as I suspect we're going to move it to something in May (and hopefully more than 7 nights). Worth going with the refundable deposit this far out.

Port Of Brisbane has updated the bookings. Mainly deleted the cancelled sailings.

Something that caught my eyes was Quantum's last booking in Brisbane 4 April 2024. This is around a fortnight earlier then Royal normally departs for Alaska. So maybe Quantum is off to Europe or going to Alaska earlier?

This will not be not be known for another year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Port Of Brisbane has updated the bookings. Mainly deleted the cancelled sailings.

Something that caught my eyes was Quantum's last booking in Brisbane 4 April 2024. This is around a fortnight earlier then Royal normally departs for Alaska. So maybe Quantum is off to Europe or going to Alaska earlier?

Alaska is a extremely popular destination .

Probably extended the season.

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Perhaps a result of the recent restrictions introduced by French Polynesia.  TP may be taking a longer route to Alaska?  

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Quantum will be 10 years old in 2024 and will be due for her  drydocking. Maybe going to Singapore first and then over to Alaska.

Can't believe she's almost 10 already. Her TA on the Grand Voyage seems like yesterday. These kids, they grow up so fast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Quantum will be 10 years old in 2024 and will be due for her  drydocking. Maybe going to Singapore first and then over to Alaska.

Likely after the Alaska season - she came out in Nov, so the dry dock doesn't need to happen till late fall of '24.

6 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Pfff I told you they would be late this year! Thanks for the info!

And based on prior deployments, these aren't necessarily the dates bookings will actually open.

Edited by kccrzr
  • Haha 2

Rhapsody of the Seas (New port bookings)

Limassol (Cyprus): Weekly from 7 May to 29 October 2023.

Haifa (Israel): 1/9, 8/9, 15/9, 19/9, 22/9, 27/9, 29/9, 4/10, 9/10, 13/10, 18/10, 23/10, 27/10, 1/11 & 6/11 2023.

Piraeus (Greece): 13/6, 11/7, 8/8, 30/8, 4/9 & 11/9 2023.

Notes: Even though it is booked weekly in Limassol from May 2023, I think they changed again the ship that will be homeported on Cyprus. Now it is again the Rhapsody as it was originally planned.

Brilliance either will be deployed elsewhere or maybe they will use them both from Cyprus?

Brilliance bookings from Haifa disappeared, but they still exist in Limassol and Piraeus.

P.S. Jewel of the Seas' 25/9 & 13/10 2023 bookings in Piraeus list disappeared.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Rhapsody of the Seas (New port bookings)

Limassol (Cyprus): Weekly from 7 May to 29 October 2023.

Haifa (Israel): 1/9, 8/9, 15/9, 19/9, 22/9, 27/9, 29/9, 4/10, 9/10, 13/10, 18/10, 23/10, 27/10, 1/11 & 6/11 2023.

Piraeus (Greece): 13/6, 11/7, 8/8, 30/8, 4/9 & 11/9 2023.

Notes: Even though it is booked weekly in Limassol from May 2023, I think they changed again the ship that will be homeported on Cyprus. Now it is again the Rhapsody as it was originally planned.

Brilliance either will be deployed elsewhere or maybe they will use them both from Cyprus?

Brilliance bookings from Haifa disappeared, but they still exist in Limassol and Piraeus.

P.S. Jewel of the Seas' 25/9 & 13/10 2023 bookings in Piraeus list disappeared.

Thanks for sharing this info.    
Rhapsody is also found in Australian port calendars for the 2023/24 season.  
Two of the early bookings are: 
Adelaide 11 Nov 2023 

Melbourne 14 Nov 2023

Perhaps these are placeholders for a different ship.  Any ideas which one?  
It can’t be Q class as they don’t go into Melbourne.  

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

I read somewhere that Royal will open the rest of their bookings Dec13th.

scroll back to post #160, that's the schedule--and when it says 'week of' that means that week at some point, not on that day.  I think last year most showed up mid-week during the 'week of' that was on the deployment schedule.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Thanks for sharing this info.    
Rhapsody is also found in Australian port calendars for the 2023/24 season.  
Two of the early bookings are: 
Adelaide 11 Nov 2023 

Melbourne 14 Nov 2023

Perhaps these are placeholders for a different ship.  Any ideas which one?  
It can’t be Q class as they don’t go into Melbourne.  

I emailed Gavin Smith he said it looks like the cruise ban is over and they MAY have a ship in Sydney during our winter .

Any speculation what ship if they do?

Im thinking radiance,they could bring another ship through the Panama to replace it in Alaska.

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I emailed Gavin Smith he said it looks like the cruise ban is over and they MAY have a ship in Sydney during our winter .

Any speculation what ship if they do?

Im thinking radiance,they could bring another ship through the Panama to replace it in Alaska.

Spectrum