Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

On 8/22/2021 at 8:36 AM, springaussie said:

Radiance and Serenade are the 2 booking names in early October 2022 for Hawaii.

Bur Serenade appears in Europe also. 

There is a recent article that advises that the municipality of Bora Bora concluded that the daily number of cruise passengers cannot exceed 1,200, effective from 1 January 2022. It also says that Transpacific turnaround ships calling at Papeete may carry up to 2,500 passengers - which is the capacity of the future cruise terminal. Stop overs by Transpacific ships calling at French Polynesia will be limited to a capacity of 3,500 passengers. Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea will be the preferred destinations for these ships. Ships carrying more than 3,500 passengers will be refused entry as they are deemed 'unsuitable' for the destination. It does go on to say that ships of higher capacity in "technical transit" may be granted an exemption on the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea. This may mean changes to what ships come to Australia via French Polynesia (from Hawaii) ... Here is a link to the article - https://karryon.com.au/industry-news/tahiti-repositions-its-cruise-industry-in-favour-of-smaller-more-sustainable-ships/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

There is a recent article that advises that the municipality of Bora Bora concluded that the daily number of cruise passengers cannot exceed 1,200, effective from 1 January 2022. It also says that Transpacific turnaround ships calling at Papeete may carry up to 2,500 passengers - which is the capacity of the future cruise terminal. Stop overs by Transpacific ships calling at French Polynesia will be limited to a capacity of 3,500 passengers. Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea will be the preferred destinations for these ships. Ships carrying more than 3,500 passengers will be refused entry as they are deemed 'unsuitable' for the destination. It does go on to say that ships of higher capacity in "technical transit" may be granted an exemption on the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea. This may mean changes to what ships come to Australia via French Polynesia (from Hawaii) ... Here is a link to the article - https://karryon.com.au/industry-news/tahiti-repositions-its-cruise-industry-in-favour-of-smaller-more-sustainable-ships/

This has been posted a few days ago and been discussed. The RCI/Celebrity ships that call there are just under 3k.

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This has been posted a few days ago and been discussed. The RCI/Celebrity ships that call there are just under 3k.

We are booked on the Quantum TP in April 2023. It is scheduled to stop at three ports in French Polynesia including Bora Bora. It definitely has a capacity over 3000 passengers. I suspect there will be an itinerary change unless a waiver can be obtained.

Update on Brisbane port calendar for 2023/24: 

- Frequent bookings for Quantum of the Seas right through the season.  

- Couple of calls in the name of Rhapsody of the Seas 

- A call for Serenade of the Seas.  

Celebrity Edge also has a couple of calls.  

16 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Update on Brisbane port calendar for 2023/24: 

- Frequent bookings for Quantum of the Seas right through the season.  

- Couple of calls in the name of Rhapsody of the Seas 

- A call for Serenade of the Seas.  

Celebrity Edge also has a couple of calls.  

It’s strange that there’s a radiance and vision class deployed in Australia.

Ovation usually has a call in Brisbane during our season,I wonder where it is.

Do you think one of them is a place holder ?

On 10/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, eel said:

We are booked on the Quantum TP in April 2023. It is scheduled to stop at three ports in French Polynesia including Bora Bora. It definitely has a capacity over 3000 passengers. I suspect there will be an itinerary change unless a waiver can be obtained.

We are on that cruise also. Seriously thinking of dumping that one and hoping the Celebrity Edge does that route in 2024.

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

We are on that cruise also. Seriously thinking of dumping that one and hoping the Celebrity Edge does that route in 2024.

We did a B2B2B on the Edge this June / July and loved the ship, great crew, excellent food and service. Maybe you will have Captain Kate - she is a hoot - an excellent Ambassador for Celebrity!!!

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

We did a B2B2B on the Edge this June / July and loved the ship, great crew, excellent food and service. Maybe you will have Captain Kate - she is a hoot - an excellent Ambassador for Celebrity!!!

We did Edge in July and will be on at the end of this month. Love that ship. Selfishly sad it’s going to Australia.

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s strange that there’s a radiance and vision class deployed in Australia.

Ovation usually has a call in Brisbane during our season,I wonder where it is.

Do you think one of them is a place holder ?

My first guess is that the bookings are for Rhapsody, based in a home port that is new for Royal (Auckland, or Cairns as you suggested).  I can’t see them homeporting a vision class ship in Sydney and the bookings aren’t indicating Brisbane or Melbourne either.  

Could be a placeholder but why would they bother obfuscating their intentions given it’s not a big ship (as it calls at Melbourne).  
Ovation may not call at Brisbane or they havent finalised the Sydney itineraries yet.  

18 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

My first guess is that the bookings are for Rhapsody, based in a home port that is new for Royal

Just a thought, could Royal be homeporting Rhapsody in Melbourne. There are a number of TBA showing and the shipping agent is WSS, and these are turnaround days.

The days where Rhapsody is showing in Melbourne are transit days.

Edited by woodscruise
additional comment

On 10/1/2021 at 7:36 AM, eel said:

I’m on the Ovation TP in 2023 after a few moves, to same ports. Also interested on what will happen. My price goes back to booking in 2019, and it was a steal, so I would like to keep it. Also added 2 more days in NZ, so really a deal.

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

My first guess is that the bookings are for Rhapsody, based in a home port that is new for Royal (Auckland, or Cairns as you suggested).  I can’t see them homeporting a vision class ship in Sydney and the bookings aren’t indicating Brisbane or Melbourne either.  

Could be a placeholder but why would they bother obfuscating their intentions given it’s not a big ship (as it calls at Melbourne).  
Ovation may not call at Brisbane or they havent finalised the Sydney itineraries yet.  

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Just a thought, could Royal be homeporting Rhapsody in Melbourne. There are a number of TBA showing and the shipping agent is WSS, and these are turnaround days.

Spectrum being deployed in Singapore during our 2023-2024 season and not year round,to me suggests there’s another big ship in the equation.

A big ship that will leave Sydney in April 2024 and reposition to Singapore.

And with celebrity Edge announcement and a oversupply of oasis class in Florida. I wouldn’t be surprised a oasis of some kind.

So maybe Ovation and a oasis in Sydney???

Probably just wishful thinking,but what will replace Spectrum in Singapore

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Possibly.  The TBA entry on 07 Apr 24 appears to be for Celebrity Edge though.  
Would Celebrity Solstice be a more likely ship for Melbourne home port? (there is an entry in Darwin’s calendar on 27 Oct 23 in this name).  

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Spectrum being deployed in Singapore during our 2023-2024 season and not year round,to me suggests there’s another big ship in the equation.

A big ship that will leave Sydney in April 2024 and reposition to Singapore.

And with celebrity Edge announcement and a oversupply of oasis class in Florida. I wouldn’t be surprised a oasis of some kind.

So maybe Ovation and a oasis in Sydney???

Probably just wishful thinking,but what will replace Spectrum in Singapore

I don’t see Oasis class in Australia until Lelepa is up and runnning. 

With Quantum based in Brisbane, a Radiance class is the likely second ship in Sydney.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal walks away from China.  If so, Spectrum stays in Singapore through 2024.  If Royal still has aspirations for Asia, a second ship joins might join her there seasonally (shared with Australia).  They don’t need to make these decisions yet.  

22 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Would Celebrity Solstice be a more likely ship for Melbourne home port? (there is an entry in Darwin’s calendar on 27 Oct 23 in this name).  

Also there is an entry in Brisbane port schedule on Saturday 21st October 2023.

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

I don’t see Oasis class in Australia until Lelepa is up and runnning. 

With Quantum based in Brisbane, a Radiance class is the likely second ship in Sydney.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal walks away from China.  If so, Spectrum stays in Singapore through 2024.  If Royal still has aspirations for Asia, a second ship joins might join her there seasonally (shared with Australia).  They don’t need to make these decisions yet.  

I can’t see Lelepa open for at least 5 years if at all.

If RCG want to hold on to it , I believe from memory it has to be developed as a term of the lease. 

I think they will probably try to keep a foot in the door with China and send Spectrum to Shanghai or Hong Kong during the Northern summer .But the whole region is changing.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, woodscruise said:

Also there is an entry in Brisbane port schedule on Saturday 21st October 2023.

Celebrity 2023 Alaska cruises were released today.  Solstice’ last cruise of the season finishes on Sep 22nd in Vancouver.  
Allowing 28 days for the TP and advancing the calendar by a day at the date line,  this Brisbane entry looks like the first call in Australia (if in fact it is for Solstice and not a placeholder).  
Slightly O/T for this thread but relevant to possibility of placeholder entries.  

42 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Celebrity 2023 Alaska cruises were released today.  Solstice’ last cruise of the season finishes on Sep 22nd in Vancouver.  
Allowing 28 days for the TP and advancing the calendar by a day at the date line,  this Brisbane entry looks like the first call in Australia (if in fact it is for Solstice and not a placeholder).  
Slightly O/T for this thread but relevant to possibility of placeholder entries.  

I thought they released Australia as well.  Maybe only Edge though.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I thought they released Australia as well.  Maybe only Edge though.  

Yes, for Edge.  They might be trying to sell a good number of those (expensive) cabins before announcing the second ship.  

Just off Jewel of the Seas yday sailing from Cyprus to the Greek Isles. I was very happy with sailing from Cyprus and asked at Captains Corner if there were plans to do it again and he said that they hope Rhapsody will be in the future.

My friend also asked Next Cruises what was happening to Wonder of the Seas after her 2022 Fall TA to be told that she is sailing non revenue to Japan to start sailing from Asia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just off Jewel of the Seas yday sailing from Cyprus to the Greek Isles. I was very happy with sailing from Cyprus and asked at Captains Corner if there were plans to do it again and he said that they hope Rhapsody will be in the future.

My friend also asked Next Cruises what was happening to Wonder of the Seas after her 2022 Fall TA to be told that she is sailing non revenue to Japan to start sailing from Asia.

I trust this refers to Cyprus cruises Rhapsody does next year but from Haifa.