The Daily for Tuesday August 03, 2021

richwmn

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

And on a PC if you hover the mouse over the number you also get the actual count.  Not sure if there's an IPAD equivalent or not.

Roy

No Ipad equivalent that I know of, Roy.  

But I don’t claim to know everything about the Ipad 😉 

• Like 4

Well, since it’s watermelon day.

For those of you who like watermelon, here are 2 recipes from Carnival & RCCL.  

Not sure DH would go for watermelon salsa 😉 

62C5E58F-6D64-4AFB-8AF6-08C11ECB9F40.thumb.jpeg.49bd189b7f84f701053d036d58b3e9f1.jpeg

But the mock tail sounds good.

C703C2D3-6804-48C7-96C0-750C59DBD865.thumb.jpeg.ffc320bb8e516035f7cf06d0db83ffe5.jpeg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, dfish said:

You're welcome to join us!  We'd love to have you, but at this point, you get the balcony to sleep.  The beds and sofa bed are all spoken for.  

Hey, speaking of dinners and running out of ideas, we can always repeat.  Here's a favorite from last year.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rustic-tomato-pie/

Rustic-Tomato-Pie_EXPS_FTTS20_251740_B02_13_1b-8.jpg

LOL. I was just coming here to talk about that Tomato Pie. 

I made it last night with our home grown tomatoes and DH loved it again. It’s a classic!

• Like 13

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. I like nuts and watermelon. I'll turn on the porch light for National Night Out; it's for police-community relationship building. I haven't heard of any block parries or other goings on. Last year it was cancelled.

Great quote.

I like the meal and drinks.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm late today. Guess I missed all the update hoopla. I made an early run to the big box store. Our Covid numbers are up here: we had 25 cases a day 2 weeks ago, now quadrupled to over 100 a day. Not good.

@mamaofami It sounds like you've accomplished a lot. Good going on getting help with the costs  and utilizing the Senior Center.

@Crazy For Cats Great photos. Thanks.

Prayers for the Care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone and wear your 😷 if appropriate).

• Like 17

51 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

LOL. I was just coming here to talk about that Tomato Pie. 

I made it last night with our home grown tomatoes and DH loved it again. It’s a classic!

I really liked the tomato pie last summer.  I made it several times.

• Like 7

I seem to have been extremely busy lately and having trouble catching up with things.  I've felt lucky the last week or so.  After finishing a very hot July, the first few days of August have been uncharacteristically pleasant (actually starting July 31).  On Tuesdays I normally shop at a certain supermarket and then stop at Panera for takeout.  It was so pleasant today I chose to get lunch at one of their outdoor tables.  I was shopping when we had the Cruise Critic hiccup and completely missed all the happenings with the rocket ships that I never saw:

panara0803.thumb.JPG.7f8b2a70066cbc282289581e23a2d864.JPG

Roy

• Like 18

We've had lots of nice photos of Boca da Valeria, and I'll add just a couple more.  The first is from 2019 and an enterprising youth was allowing us to pose for photos with their bird:

birdpose.jpg

From 2013 here's my waiting "yacht"

fromboca.jpg

Roy

• Like 23

8 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Great going on rehab! Debbie gave you great advice, and I am going to tuck that away in case I need to use it in a few weeks. Rehab should be customized to the individual. 

I'm not sure that's possible.  These are group classes with about 10 people in each session so there is limited possibility for individual questions, and the classes are dirt cheap.  I'll plug away at it a little at a time.

A higher priority for me is my cardiologist.  Many years ago when I was in training as an EMT one of the instructors stressed "always treat the patient, not the monitor.  I've lost patients, but never lost a monitor"  Point one is that I think she is treating the chart,not the patient.  One example is when I was there in February for my Echocardiogram I had severe trouble breathing during the procedure.  When it was done a few days later in the hospital I was fine (although I did ask to have oxygen based on my problems the first time) and that echo was a piece of cake.  When I saw her for my first post op visit she was steadfast that my problems were just the result of fluid buildup because I was lying flat, even though between the onset of symptoms and that the surgery I had slept flat almost 100 days with no problems.

Second issue is lack of response to my concerns.  On June 23 she prescribed a new drug for me and when I got it I discovered a possible interaction with another med.  I left her a message indicating the issue and that I would not start the med until she confirmed that the benefits still outweighed the potential problems.  I never heard back and did not start it until I discussed it with my primary doctor over 2 weeks later.  I had a similar issue with the visit before that one.

I see a potential new cardiologist on August 13.  I hope Friday the 13th will be lucky this time.

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I would be happy if they just removed the number of post unless there is some grand prize down the road. I have accumulated a lot of post from hosting many Roll Calls. Many of them came from when I started and ran the Fort Lauderdale Sail-Aways. 

I don’t need to be a “Cool” cruiser and when I look at how much time I have spent posting and browsing here on CC I personally question myself that maybe I could have spent more beneficial time and be more productive in my community.

I love cruising and enjoy staying up to date on cruising news with my fellow Cruise Critic members of whom many have become lifetime friendships.

This is just my opinion and let me get back to posting! It’s COOL,😁

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm not sure that's possible.  These are group classes with about 10 people in each session so there is limited possibility for individual questions, and the classes are dirt cheap.  I'll plug away at it a little at a time.

A higher priority for me is my cardiologist.  Many years ago when I was in training as an EMT one of the instructors stressed "always treat the patient, not the monitor.  I've lost patients, but never lost a monitor"  Point one is that I think she is treating the chart,not the patient.  One example is when I was there in February for my Echocardiogram I had severe trouble breathing during the procedure.  When it was done a few days later in the hospital I was fine (although I did ask to have oxygen based on my problems the first time) and that echo was a piece of cake.  When I saw her for my first post op visit she was steadfast that my problems were just the result of fluid buildup because I was lying flat, even though between the onset of symptoms and that the surgery I had slept flat almost 100 days with no problems.

Second issue is lack of response to my concerns.  On June 23 she prescribed a new drug for me and when I got it I discovered a possible interaction with another med.  I left her a message indicating the issue and that I would not start the med until she confirmed that the benefits still outweighed the potential problems.  I never heard back and did not start it until I discussed it with my primary doctor over 2 weeks later.  I had a similar issue with the visit before that one.

I see a potential new cardiologist on August 13.  I hope Friday the 13th will be lucky this time.

Roy

Hopefully the new cardiologist will be more attentive to your well being Roy.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dfish said:

I really liked the tomato pie last summer.  I made it several times.

It sounds really good.

When I was a boy, my Grandmother used to make tomato jam with her harvest, but I have yet to find anyone since that makes it. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I would be happy if they just removed the number of post unless there is some grand prize down the road. I have accumulated a lot of post from hosting many Roll Calls. Many of them came from when I started and ran the Fort Lauderdale Sail-Aways. 

I don’t need to be a “Cool” cruiser and when I look at how much time I have spent posting and browsing here on CC I personally question myself that maybe I could have spent more beneficial time and be more productive in my community.

I love cruising and enjoy staying up to date on cruising news with my fellow Cruise Critic members of whom many have become lifetime friendships.

This is just my opinion and let me get back to posting! It’s COOL,😁

I was always okay with the categories but felt the stretches in between were too darn long, to go from cool cruiser to the 3000+ club takes forever, like going from a 3 star mariner to a 4.  

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I seem to have been extremely busy lately and having trouble catching up with things.  I've felt lucky the last week or so.  After finishing a very hot July, the first few days of August have been uncharacteristically pleasant (actually starting July 31).  On Tuesdays I normally shop at a certain supermarket and then stop at Panera for takeout.  It was so pleasant today I chose to get lunch at one of their outdoor tables.  I was shopping when we had the Cruise Critic hiccup and completely missed all the happenings with the rocket ships that I never saw:

Roy

I don't know how you all can type on tablets, I was never good at it, and it's worse since my stroke. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, I had a cardiologist whom visits too were almost robotic. I switched and now have an outstanding reputable cardiologist who truly cares and concerned how I’m doing. The old ticker with that new bovine valve is doing fine. Though my wife says I Moo now and then in my sleep!

Do pray for your health and a more caring physician.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

We've had lots of nice photos of Boca da Valeria, and I'll add just a couple more.  The first is from 2019 and an enterprising youth was allowing us to pose for photos with their bird:

birdpose.jpg

From 2013 here's my waiting "yacht"

fromboca.jpg

Roy

One of the most beautiful ships EVER!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, atexsix said:

I was always okay with the categories but felt the stretches in between were too darn long, to go from cool cruiser to the 3000+ club takes forever, like going from a 3 star mariner to a 4.  

I have posted on 2 Floataway lounge threads for a long time but the posts do not count on your post count.

Fortunately the other posters are great people to chat with.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm glad I wasn't here on CC for all the confusion and log in problems.  It looks like things have settled down.  You leave the house for a while and it takes hours to catch up when you get back.  Carry on all!

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I was wondering where everybody was today 🙂  Out running errands.  I was one of the few that liked the rocket ships, felt like the facebook badge system.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have posted on 2 Floataway lounge threads for a long time but the posts do not count on your post count.

Fortunately the other posters are great people to chat with.

Ah yeah!  I used to hang out in the Floataway under an old account and yup, no posting credits in there 😞

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 2