The Daily for Wednesday August 04, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, U.S. Coast Guard Day, and Hooray for Kids Day
It is National White Wine Day!

"I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. - Roy Orbison"

Meal suggestion for today - Teriyaki Pork Chops

Drink of the Day - Cobra's Fang

Wine of the day - Newton Cabernet Sauvignon Unfiltered - California - Red

Destination of the Day - Maputo Mozambique

Ships with Passengers

Sitka, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Adriatic Sea
Rotterdam Destination Trieste eta 8/5

At Sea Ionian Sea
Eurodam Destination Piraeus eta 8/5

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Noordam Destination Ensenada MX eta 8/12

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Los Angeles, CA
Zuiderdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

0804NAmerica.thumb.png.bd61f0f0f09567bd183a60bd398959d0.png

0804Europe.thumb.png.69499fdfabf4677d1be1662936bb30ab.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Great days!  A big salute to the US Coast Guard.  Hooray for kids.  I made chocolate chip cookies last week, DH loves them.  And I love white wine!!!!

Funny and true quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, can't wait to check out the recipe.

Not sure about the drink of the day, sounds lethal.  Hope the wine is good.

Another port I have not visited, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a happy Hump Day!

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good morning, everyone!

It is another bright and sunny day here in northeast Ohio.  I'm heading to the pool at 9:00 am and have a Zoom meeting this afternoon.  My respect to the Coast Guard.  I love chocolate chip cookies and I wish I had known about Hooray for Kids day when I was a kid.  Today's drink sounds really interesting.  

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/247091/teriyaki-pork-chops/

1035864362_TeriyakiPorkChop.jpg.d061deec9273fa28a4c1c136e082dba0.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone from a gloomy Boston.  Yum, chocolate chip cookies!  The coast guard does such important work, hats off to them.  Go kids, as my mom used to say to me “Every day is kids’ day”.  What a humble quote from Roy Orbison.  The pork chops sound very nice and the drink sounds as if it has a bite to it.  Can’t wait to see the photos of yet another port that I haven’t been to.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 21

Good morning.  Love Chocolate Chip Cookies, make them all the time.  Kudo's to the Coast Guard.  White Wine day....yay!!!

The Meal looks YUM!  Thank you Debbie.

The Orbison quote made me laugh.

Thank you Rich for your dedication to our daily.  The best place to be each morning.

Have not been to today's port, look forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.  DH was on a plane this weekend and MANY had them on one ear or below their nose.  People still are being careless.

Cobra's Fang:

INGREDIENTS

• 1 oz Rum
  • 1 oz Demerara 151-proof Rum
  • .5 oz Falernum
  • .5 oz Juices
  • .5 oz Fresh Orange Juice
  • .75 oz Fassionola Syrup
  • 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
  • 2 dashes Absinthe
  • orange slice (for garnish)
  • Pineapple Spears (for garnish)

INSTRUCTIONS

Step one

Add all ingredients except the garnishes to a shaker tin and shake with ice.

Step two

Strain into a tiki mug using a Hawthorne strainer.  Add fresh ice and garnish wildly (in proper tiki fashion).

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 7.06.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 7.04.33 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  A special salute to the Coast Guard, and to kids.  My cookie preference is oatmeal raisin.  I'll pass on the white wine.  Great observation by Orbison.  I have not been to Mozambique.  The meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Orange and Grapefruit Medley and Spaghetti Amatriciana (after Pinnacle Lunch) as served on MS Prinsendam August 4, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long)
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
bennybear DSIL infection
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers

40 years for National Aquarium
Nieuw Amsterdam in Sitka
3 days for Aliaschief and bobpatj
CrazyForCats on Nieuw Amsterdam
Happy BirthdaySharon DGD.
2 new Eagle Scouts in my troop
Much accomplished for Mamaofami
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Great quote from Roy Orbison.

Chocolate chip cookies are nice especially on a ship.

We like white wine.

Meal looks tasty but never heard of the drink.

We have not been to today's port.

Thanks to the coastguard.

It is 68°F sunny but was a little breezy on the beach.

We had our beach tent up and ate our picnic there this morning.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Prayers for those in the care list.

Graham.

IMG_20210804_104123.jpg

IMG_20210804_110202.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30

Good morning all!

What a stellar combo of days. I “caught” my husband by making him my chocolate chip cookies. Shoutout to the Coast Guard. Pretty sure it was hooray for kids every day as my kids were growing up. And white wine day! That would go well with the teriyaki pork chops. Not sure about drinking something named after a lethal snake. With Cabernet Sauvignon being the wine, I should have a glass of white and one of red.

Today is my drug trial dose follow up including a lumbar puncture 😢. Hopefully it goes well (last week’s was relatively painless). 

Haven’t been to today’s destination. Always thought I would visit Mozambique one day; my church denomination here in Missouri supports our sister churches all over the country. I know many friends who have traveled there including my pastor. We provide a lot of the pastors with bikes since cars are not practical in the remote areas where some of them serve. I use the churches of Mozambique to illustrate the joy we should be taking in our church offering on Sunday morning. They come forward singing and dancing, with such generous spirits. One church wanted to give my friend 2 of the offering chickens to take back home to help feed his own church members. 

Take care all,

St Louis Sal

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. What a great collection of days! Big shout out to the Coast Guard for the great work they do. I am a real cookie monster when it comes to chocolate chip. Both Rich's and Roy's meal suggestions sound great. I like white wine - almost as much as I like red wine.

The day is starting off wet here. I took the dog out and it was beginning to drizzle. Just after we got in the heavens opened. 

Everyone stay safe.

• Like 21

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great collection of days!  A big salute to the Coast Guard and Hooray for kids 🙂 

I know a log of chocoholics who will happily celebrate chocolate chip cookie day.

C8D76114-BE04-4E65-8557-5F1F58E0838E.jpeg.cc3cd3e8fe89a7ba788340b55240037f.jpeg

And too many who would agree with Snoopy 😉 

FD832BC9-63B1-4BBA-8AEF-1FBB3D33BC2A.jpeg.b49c45554f6ce7a242e0fd94021317e5.jpeg

I will happily celebrate white wine day.  I know it’s really Wednesday but it’s hard to find white wine day memes 😉 

D84BA8CD-175D-4685-B4C2-CB615CBD0E53.png.545aef17f80281adcb9bcbf1461f7506.png

That quote by Orbison is a good one.  Meal sounds good but one in the fridge so i fear I will have to concoct something else.

@rafinmdyikes on your earthquake 😱 

@St. Louis Salgood luck with your drug trial follow up 🙏🏻 

Haven’t been to today’s port so looking forward to hearing about it.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Hump Day, everyone!

424D6CDC-550C-4D07-B10A-B4AE5EF23D5E.jpeg.d341803d5d55b5867e149efef6633896.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good  morning to  all. Thanks  for  the  Daily,  Rich and  thank you  Roy for  our  lists. I  like  the  recipe today  and  the  quote  is  a  good  one.

Miss Camilla  left  the  NICU  and  went  home  with her  parents last  night. My  niece  and  her  husband(they  are  both  nurses ) set  up  a  monitoring  system that will  help  keep  track  of  her  heart  rate. I  am  awaiting  new  pictures as  the  doting  grandparents and  my  great  niece were  there  for  a  while  to  offer  assistance. I  hope  all  went  well  last  night. There  were  a  few  happy  tears  shed  here in  our  2  family  household  as  we  were  eating  dinner  together  when  we  got  the  news.

It  is  so  wonderful  to  have  good  news  to  tell  everyone  today!

Terry

• Like 40

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning to  all. Thanks  for  the  Daily,  Rich and  thank you  Roy for  our  lists. I  like  the  recipe today  and  the  quote  is  a  good  one.

Miss Camilla  left  the  NICU  and  went  home  with her  parents last  night. My  niece  and  her  husband(they  are  both  nurses ) set  up  a  monitoring  system that will  help  keep  track  of  her  heart  rate. I  am  awaiting  new  pictures as  the  doting  grandparents and  my  great  niece were  there  for  a  while  to  offer  assistance. I  hope  all  went  well  last  night. There  were  a  few  happy  tears  shed  here in  our  2  family  household  as  we  were  eating  dinner  together  when  we  got  the  news.

Terry

What wonderful news! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Miss Camilla  left  the  NICU  and  went  home  with her  parents last  night. My  niece  and  her  husband(they  are  both  nurses ) set  up  a  monitoring  system that will  help  keep  track  of  her  heart  rate.

So very happy to hear this 👍 Fabulous news!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I missed Roy’s lists as I was typing and posting. And now I’ve read about Miss Camilla coming home! Such a joy (and a concern as well). May she feel all the love that is coming her way. So prayers for healing and strength for all who need them 🙏. And yay to the good news you all share on here 🎉

St Louis Sal

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry

Welcome home, Camilla!

Love, 

The Dailyite branch of your family. 🎉

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all from another early gloomy morning (like @Mr. Boston).  We're expecting some sun later and a high temp of only 82F.  Yay for today's celebrations - kids, chocolate chip cookies, white wine and our Coast Guard.  Who hasn't sung the praises of the Coast Guard when we see them airlift sick patients off our cruise ship?  What skill!!

@grapau27 I admire your and Pauline's zest for life!  No dull, boring days for you two.  

@smitty34877Terry, what wonderful news about Baby Camilla going home with her parents!  Prayers she continues to do well.  I'm sure she will be well taken care of and monitored with all the help from family members.

@St. Louis Salgood luck today with your follow up and lumbar puncture.  I hope this one is not painful too.  Take care!

Prayers for all on our Care list today.  I'm so happy we have Baby Camilla off that list now.  She can be added to the Celebration list now with all our happy Daily members and their families.

We have a concern here in our household.  Remember I told you last weekend our next door neighbor (fully vaccinated) had come down with Covid?  We learned his wife and 91 year old FIL who lives with them have also become ill.  Surprisingly the 91 year old, Copeland, is feeling better than his daughter!  The problem is my DH was talking to Copeland Saturday for about 15 minutes and he didn't say a word to DH about Covid in their household.  Copeland sits outside in the open garage or at the door opening to wave to passersby who often stop to chat.  DH was picking up Damon's mail out of his mailbox as he does every day and stopped to chat with Copeland.  He said he stood about 4-5 feet away and Copeland was seated.  Now that we know Copeland came down with Covid the following day, we are in a tough position here.  Are we exposed and going to become positive?  We feel well but could be asymptomatic.  We could get a rapid test today and be negative, but come down with Covid on Friday.  Do we drive to Ohio tomorrow, stay with our daughter, have dinner with her entire family at a restaurant Friday night, and do we attend DGS's commencement ceremony Saturday morning??  Then we were going to visit DS in Michigan.  Right now the chances are not good we are going to be able to go.  Our DD is a teacher and goes back to school next week.  Our youngest DGS is asthmatic and unvaccinated right now.  I'm feeling heartbroken right now.😪

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5