Will the current lockdowns impact the restart of cruising here?

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

One change that was announced was that the NSW QR app would include your vaccine status for entry into venues for only vaccinated people. 👍 I need to get my haircut, it is getting a bit shaggy.☹️

Some hairdressers do not want to enforce the vaccinated people only rule because it's too hard. I didn't know hairdressers have their own council, you learn something new every day...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/hairdressers-prepare-to-reopen/100406848

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Local Cases today -

Vic 80

NSW 1029, 3 deaths

QLD  0

Other states and territories and NZ haven't released their numbers.

Found this

There are 68 new cases of Covid-19 in the community today, the Ministry of Health reports.

At today's government update, Director of Public Health Caroline McElnay said there were now 277 cases now in the Delta outbreak - 263 in Auckland, 14 in Wellington.

There were two new cases in Wellington announced today, both close contacts who had been in isolation during their infectious period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We were just talking about that. It will be impossible to check everyone in every park in NSW. We know how trusting people to do the right thing works!

Impossible to enforce Leigh.  We are supposed to be in lockdown, but people everywhere down here, in the parks, in the playgrounds on the beaches. Interstate vehicles around, no checks being done.

I now carry my Govt Covid-19 digital certificate around in my car.  I might need it to get into the golfie and rissole when they reopen, one day in the distant future.🤐

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

I suspect the combined QR code + vaccination status app that is being developed with allow police to have a QR code that you scan, and either you are green (fully vaccinated) or not.

I applaud the innovation if it works, (although I believe there will be some that wont!)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

. 👍 I need to get my haircut, it is getting a bit shaggy.☹️

Same here.

One advantage of staying home, for me, is that there is less chance of me scaring little children after two weeks of Efudix cream on my face to treat sun spots. Bits of my face are now starting to fall off.😱

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, By The Bay said:

One change that was announced was that the NSW QR app would include your vaccine status for entry into venues for only vaccinated people. 👍 I need to get my haircut, it is getting a bit shaggy.☹️

I'm starting to resemble an old English sheepdog. My hair grows very quickly and is now long enough to flop over my eyes. ☹

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm starting to resemble an old English sheepdog. My hair grows very quickly and is now long enough to flop over my eyes. ☹

I remember a long long time ago   back last century....

when one had hair... before it slid off the top....

and it was long enough to flop over my eyes.....lol 

now a days for the last 15 or so years..... I cut it myself  ( BH trims the back thou )

Don

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Same here.

One advantage of staying home, for me, is that there is less chance of me scaring little children after two weeks of Efudix cream on my face to treat sun spots. Bits of my face are now starting to fall off.😱

Hi, new cream now that you only have to use twice a day for 4 days,same results. It’s Effudex based with a additive, bit more costly but worth it.

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Same here.

My husband had used Efudix a couple of times, with most dramatic results. The first time he used it he went back to the doctor after a week or so because the reaction was so extreme. He was told to stop using it. I was surprised a few years later when he came home with more Efudix and said he had to use it again. A similar reaction, but maybe worse. I won't ago into the details as it would put people off their dinner. On one of these times, he was left with a swollen line under his eye socket that only reduced (somewhat) when I used some very expensive face treatment on it. I keep saying to him "NO EFUDIX".

• Like 1