Will the current lockdowns impact the restart of cruising here?

2 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

Oh wow, 60 is definitely in the medium well category for me.  Half the fun of cooking is in trying out different methods and seeing what works best. A friend and I were debating the merits of cooking steak using a sous vide. I thought it was a waste of money, he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. We're planning on having a cook off once this bloody lockdown is over. 

If you are looking for a judge I can volunteer.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Today’s lotto numbers

NSW: 452

Vic: 24

Qld: 1

ACT: 17

NSW numbers are meant to rise significantly according to the Premier. How soon before we hit '000?  A friend just sent me a link about 27 people testing positive for COVID on Carnival Vista. All of them were vaccinated. Unfortunately, this will give the anti vaxxers another reason to shout about their thought bubbles.

6 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

NSW numbers are meant to rise significantly according to the Premier. How soon before we hit '000?  A friend just sent me a link about 27 people testing positive for COVID on Carnival Vista. All of them were vaccinated. Unfortunately, this will give the anti vaxxers another reason to shout about their thought bubbles.

And they will keep on rising until the Premier puts in a serious lockdown without all the loopholes, and enforces it. 

34 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

26 were crew members. 

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yep, the Brits, the Russians, the Brits, Americans, Australians, Canadian and a few more, all in vain and so many mothers lost their sons and a few daughters.  I am not anti war, I served 3 years in the British Army - Royal Engineers and 7 years in the Australian Army Reserve - MP's. I hail from a military family. 

Well at least we got Bin Laden, but he was replaced. Feel sorry for the Afghan people, their armed forces let them down badly, in 10 days, they ran or surrendered.  Joe Biden was spot on saying 'Why should we keep Americans there any longer if the Afghan Forces are not prepared to defend their own country.'

Our Canadian Daughter was Capt. Nichola Goddard. The first Canadian woman soldier killed in combat. She has been honoured by having a Canadian Coast Guard ship named for her.

If the local army won't fight for their own then we don't need to shed any more blood for them.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

About b....dy time.😡

"A man has been jailed for breaching public health orders by travelling from Sydney to Armidale in northern NSW.

Police say the 31-year-old man left his home in Cabramatta on Sunday, and used public transport to travel to the New England region via Newcastle. He was arrested at Armidale Railway Station later that day.

He was sentenced to two months in prison after a hearing in the Armidale Local Court on Monday." Source ABC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Our Canadian Daughter was Capt. Nichola Goddard. The first Canadian woman soldier killed in combat. She has been honoured by having a Canadian Coast Guard ship named for her.

If the local army won't fight for their own then we don't need to shed any more blood for them.

America should have never gone in there in the first place. All this just to kill one man who wasn't even in Afghanistan🙄. They screwed up Afghanistan once you think America would have learnt something. If you don't know how to rebuild a country after war don't start the war. It is cruel to give people hope then take it from them😔

Edited by ilikeanswers

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I love making fresh pasta but my kitchen doesn't have a suitable place to set up my pasta machine so I don't make it very often.

That sauce sounds nice. 

I sometimes make a mushroom sauce, just fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, a little stock, and finished with a little sour cream. Sometimes I soak some porcini, chopbthem finely to add to the mushrooms and use the soaking liquid instead of stock. Also Herbies Spices have really nice porcini powder which is a lazy way of boosting the flavour.

I use a can of Edgells sliced mushrrooms in butter sauce and add plenty of black pepper.

download.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I use a can of Edgells sliced mushrrooms in butter sauce and add plenty of black pepper.

download.jpg

How are the edgell canned mushrooms🤔? In the past I have found canned mushrooms to be a little bland though the water they are soaked does make a good flavouring 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

How are the edgell canned mushrooms🤔? In the past I have found canned mushrooms to be a little bland though the water they are soaked does make a good flavouring 😁

I have eaten these ones for years, for a couple of years these were thin, but now nice and nice butter sauce. I also use the canned button ones but only Edgell, the ones from China not nice. I also use fresh mushies, I am a mushie freak, use them two or three times a week. These buttered ones are my choice, great on steak 🥩 or pork chops or for brekkie on toast.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have eaten these ones for years, for a couple of years these were thin, but now nice and nice butter sauce. I also use the canned button ones but only Edgell, the ones from China not nice. I also use fresh mushies, I am a mushie freak, use them two or three times a week. These buttered ones are my choice, great on steak 🥩 or pork chops or for brekkie on toast.

I love my mushrooms too🤗, my mix is usually fresh and dry along with some of those gourmet mushies like king oysters and shitake. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, portcbob said:

I believe that when 80% of parents in Aussie are vaccinated the government will be running out of excuses for not restarting cruising. Let the ships sail with fully vaccinated ships. It's got to start sometime.👍

Should read 80% of pax 

10 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Today's (un)lucky numbers

NSW 633

Vic    24

I look at the RMS Traffic Cameras around NSW, in particular, Sydney, still plenty of traffic on the road,  I doubt they are all lawful journeys.

falconst_crowsnest.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I look at the RMS Traffic Cameras around NSW, in particular, Sydney, still plenty of traffic on the road,  I doubt they are all lawful journeys.

As is borne out in part by over 400 infringements issued for unlawful departure from home in the last 24 hrs

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hello is anybody home.... ???

That is it.... the horse has bolted...... Time for a total lock down I fear...

Most of us are (as directed)  but cearly too many are not.