Pool Hogging problems?

So I read that capacity of the pool is pretty low due to the covid protocol  and that some Oasis test cruisers reported back people were pool hogging.

Can someone recently on a revenue oasis class sailings give some insight how bad the pool capacity/ hogging situation is? 

We came off the Allure this past Sunday, Aug 22nd and during our cruise - we did not encounter any issues on pool hogging or had capacity issues.  We managed to get swimming in every day during the week.  And never ran into problems with loungers near the pools either.

A note of caution - the cruise was about 25% capacity and probably not a good representative sample of what the future holds

10 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

So I read that capacity of the pool is pretty low due to the covid protocol  and that some Oasis test cruisers reported back people were pool hogging.

Can someone recently on a revenue oasis class sailings give some insight how bad the pool capacity/ hogging situation is? 

Kind of like the Solarium, we go early to get a seat.  I'm not sure what makes it pool hogging?  Do you have a specific amount of time in your head that people are allowed to stay?  

22 minutes ago, daninwi said:

We came off the Allure this past Sunday, Aug 22nd and during our cruise - we did not encounter any issues on pool hogging or had capacity issues.  We managed to get swimming in every day during the week.  And never ran into problems with loungers near the pools either.

A note of caution - the cruise was about 25% capacity and probably not a good representative sample of what the future holds

Oasis test sailed at less than 20% I believe, so I am worry if test cruisers have issues, then there might be a problem with capacity increase. 

On the 9/5 oasis first revenue sailing and have no idea what capacity it will be at.

19 minutes ago, BND said:

Kind of like the Solarium, we go early to get a seat.  I'm not sure what makes it pool hogging?  Do you have a specific amount of time in your head that people are allowed to stay?  

No I don’t, but someone mentioned that if one pool capacity is like 9 and there was a group of 4 staying in from breakfast till after lunch, I would think that is a bit inconsiderate.

• Haha 1

Just now, cnssu123 said:

Oasis test sailed at less than 20% I believe, so I am worry if test cruisers have issues, then there might be a problem with capacity increase. 

On the 9/5 oasis first revenue sailing and have no idea what capacity it will be at.

I think the Oasis test cruise had something like 600 to 625 passengers.    

Are you talking about the actual swimming pool or the deck chair/loungers?

I think they are only letting 10 or 12 people into a swimming pool at a time.    At least this is read I what read on live reviews of some of the other ships.   

Just now, cnssu123 said:

No I don’t, but someone mentioned that if one pool capacity is like 9 and there was a group of 4 staying in from breakfast till after lunch, I would think that is a bit inconsiderate.

If someone is staying in the swimming pool for 3 or 4 hours they will be a shrivelled up prune.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think the Oasis test cruise had something like 600 to 625 passengers.    

Are you talking about the actual swimming pool or the deck chair/loungers?

I think they are only letting 10 or 12 people into a swimming pool at a time.    At least this is read I what read on live reviews of some of the other ships.   

Referring to people in the pool. 

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If someone is staying in the swimming pool for 3 or 4 hours they will be a shrivelled up prune.   

Apparently they didn’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️
just want to see how bad this situation is. I hate chair hoggers pre-covid and with limit capacity, I was hopping no chair hogging. And now I heard pool hogging… sigh

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And they are also probably peeing in the pool.🚽

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

48 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

Apparently they didn’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️
just want to see how bad this situation is. I hate chair hoggers pre-covid and with limit capacity, I was hopping no chair hogging. And now I heard pool hogging… sigh

There are a couple of different threads about the Oasis virtual cruise that is going on now, you might get better, accurate information from the people who are currently onboard now. 🙂 

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are a couple of different threads about the Oasis virtual cruise that is going on now, you might get better, accurate information from the people who are currently onboard now. 🙂 

My point is, they are reporting problem even with test cruise capacity, so I am trying to see what revenue sail on Oasis class is like. Which is a lot more capacity than the test cruise 

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Did not see any pool hogging!  Today was probably the most crowded pool areas have been since it was hot and sunny.  People were spread out over all the pool areas.  Solarium was quite peaceful, plenty of chairs also.

No Solarium for us :(. got a 2 yr old. Thinking at least w regular pool, dada and her can hangout by the pool

while mama take a dip 😎

1 hour ago, cnssu123 said:

No Solarium for us :(. got a 2 yr old. Thinking at least w regular pool, dada and her can hangout by the pool

while mama take a dip 😎

Was Single Parent raising 3 kids. Started them Cruising when were 2, 4 and 8. Was very Happy when youngest was able be in Kids Program so I could get some time to lay out. Back then Royal gave out Pagers for those us with Wee Ones but used for all kids if needed. Before my youngest girl was able to attend she enjoyed going to Main Show. After Dinner I'd drop off 2 older Kids, change her into PJ's and we'd sit in Balcony off to the side watching the performers. She ended up Dancing herself doing it all way through High School, even won a Regional Dance Championship outside of school....

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Pandemic is over. We now return everyone to the traditional threads on hogging. 😉

Aww! Aren’t you sick of all the capacity and protocol post? Hogging post don’t sound so bad all of a sudden 😝

technically pool reduced capacity is still pandemic related. Pre-covid, the pools were filled w schools of sardines 😂🐟

3 hours ago, cnssu123 said:

With their towels and other belongings left on a lounge chair no doubt.

well if I sat for a 1/2 hr and no one left the pool (remember Oasis does have) but still if I saw no one leaving, I would go over and get in.  Then if approached by deck crew person, I will look them in the eye and say to them "oh you saw me get in but you miss the others not getting out after 1/2 hour".

And then just swim off to the middle of the pool.  

see what happens.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cnssu123 said:

while mama take a dip 😎

Retracted, just read summary on live review of people in pool for 6 hours.  

They must have peed in pool!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Retracted, just read summary on live review of people in pool for 6 hours.  

They must have peed in pool!!

Maybe they wear swim diapers! 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was Single Parent raising 3 kids. Started them Cruising when were 2, 4 and 8. Was very Happy when youngest was able be in Kids Program so I could get some time to lay out. Back then Royal gave out Pagers for those us with Wee Ones but used for all kids if needed. Before my youngest girl was able to attend she enjoyed going to Main Show. After Dinner I'd drop off 2 older Kids, change her into PJ's and we'd sit in Balcony off to the side watching the performers. She ended up Dancing herself doing it all way through High School, even won a Regional Dance Championship outside of school....

Kudos to you!!! And this is such a nice story. 

we booked this precovid, figured tiring parents can use a break.  We had to L&S for our sailing. This is a very important mental vacation for us and first vacation with LO. Hope everything go smoothly !

• Like 3