January Cruise Final Payment Deadline Reduced to 30 Days

DCPIV

This just in via email.

Dear Guest,

While we know you’ve been patiently waiting for protocols, our teams have been diligently preparing and working with our medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to ensure we provide you with the best experience before and during your cruise. Our commitment is to share all protocols for your January sailing very soon, as we want you to have ample time to prepare for an enjoyable and healthy sailing!

Additionally, we understand that the final payment date for many of our guests is getting closer. So, we’ve made the decision to push the final payment date for all sailings departing in January 2022. Guests on sailings departing between January 1, 2022 through January 31, 2022, will now have until 30 days prior to their sail date to make their final payment. Our hope is that this gives you a little extra flexibility when making the best decision for you and those in your party. Rest assured, no action is needed on your part, and no cancellations will occur until the new final payment date.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And yet, I just received an email from RCL that final payment for our 1/9/22 Harmony cruise was due on 10/11. Go figure...

I got a similar email a couple days ago. 

Things change quickly these days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I received the email for a Jan 22 cruise. The change is appreciated. I just wonder what motivated RCI to make it.🤔

I would assume health protocols that haven't been released yet for the Jan 2022 cruises.

Email states they will soon...giving you time to weigh your decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I would assume health protocols that haven't been released yet for the Jan 2022 cruises.

Email states they will soon...giving you time to weigh your decisions.

With how things change on a regular basis I cannot see them being able to give accurate protocols for January anytime soon.     They may say they will be the same as now but will always have the wording that they may change at anytime.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I received the email for a Jan 22 cruise. The change is appreciated. I just wonder what motivated RCI to make it.🤔

My first thought was that with the deadline closer to the sailing, possibly less people will cancel out of a reaction to what is happening 90 days out.  RCI had to be bleeding cancellations during the height of Delta down here in the south, but now that the wave has passed, maybe cancellations will slow down.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dianajo67 said:

It’s weird to me that they said no cancellations will occur until the new final payment date. 

Maybe they thought they were being encouraging by saying they won't cancel any sailings before then.  😂  We've seen their 'good intention' emails go south before. 

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With how things change on a regular basis I cannot see them being able to give accurate protocols for January anytime soon.     They may say they will be the same as now but will always have the wording that they may change at anytime.

Luckily it won't matter to us...We finally just have a quick easy drive to the port for our January Navigator cruise.

• Like 1