The Daily for Tuesday October 19, 2021

richwmn

Good morning and thanks all!  
@1ANGELCAT glad you have a date,  hope all goes well! 

I really think the CC problems are from CC.   I do nothing different and sometimes it all works and sometimes nada! 

We’ve twice been to Norway but not that port. 

I enjoy all the people we’ve  met on cruises,  some are shipboard friendships but we have stayed in touch with a number and have even been fortunate enough to sail together again or meet up landside.  

A new friend😃

5AA13E11-2C56-465D-8DE6-EB3781D453A5.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! Im very happy with life right now, and can’t wait to travel,in a couple of weeks. Today is one last glorious sunny day before a storm hits and we unofficially enter Rainforest winter. DH and I both love baked spaghetti, We haven’t been to today’s port, so I’ll visit vicariously through the posted pictures and stories.

Rizu the Squirrel appeared at the door yesterday! She’s been gone all summer and I’d come to accept that she’d probably scampered over the Rainbow Bridge. But yesterday she appeared in the garden and cautiously approached the door to see if the human with the walnuts still lived there. She isn’t quite prepared to take a nut from my hand yet, although she came within an inch of it. She hasn’t moved into the box around the patio post yet. I don’t know if she’s found a new winter home, or if it’s still too early for that.

I should get out and enjoy the sun while I can. 
Happy Tuesday, on or off a BHB!

2B3B09C2-B4E6-4A81-BB73-909D38EF784D.thumb.jpeg.7bc5ba31cf98ebbbbf80752f13ccc8d4.jpeg

• Like 25

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

A quick good morning to everyone!  I have a covid test scheduled this morning for my Houston trip. I wasn’t able to get a rapid test so am having a PCR done. One of the ladies has had to cancel at the last minute after coming down with covid so it was recommended that we all get tested. 

We had spaghetti last night so I might make baked spaghetti with the leftovers. 

Have a great day everyone!

Yikes! Hoping you flunk your test. Fingers crossed!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I really think the CC problems are from CC.   I do nothing different and sometimes it all works and sometimes nada! 

I think you’re right. If the tasks of Hercules were updated to the present day, I’m sure one of them would be entering a lengthy post with multiple pictures and three quotes to this forum. 😄

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 6
  • Haha 13

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Tonight is the Pinnacle Gala dinner. Cocktails at 5:00 in the Ocean Bar followed by dinner. I will try and get some pics of each plating. Only 44 folks signed up as of this morning.

Sea day tomorrow then our historic overnight at Half Moon Cay!

Tomorrow we are scheduled for another Covid test. Our third test on the cruise.

I don’t recall seeing this before but the daily mass is held in the BB King Lounge at 5:00 PM.

Loading up on fuel for the trip. Running out of days!😷😩

image.thumb.jpeg.e45d6cec7e857ce712e55e172268390a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e69a2a6ac30a2909e5cd61171e1ed948.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon everyone.....

With 2 adult sons at home, we don't usually have spaghetti left over to reheat as baked spaghetti, but it sounds good!

I'm not a very outgoing person, so friendships are hard to come by. We have made some great friends on cruises - in fact, we are cruising with a couple we met in 2009 on a Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam! We also cruised with them in the Caribbean, and since they live on the left coast and we're on the right, we have spent time with them touring around Seattle and Astoria, Oregon.  I'm also Facebook friends with two ladies from our last (Maasdam) Alaska cruise in 2019 - one lives in Kamloops and the other in Australia!

Haven't been to the port sadly.  I feel like we've done a lot of cruising, but many of them went back to places we had seen before (like 5 cruises to Alaska!).  Thanks to all for the photographs so I can see what we're missing.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and stays healthy.  Looking forward to meeting more new friends on a cruise!

Laura

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Im very happy with life right now, and can’t wait to travel,in a couple of weeks. Today is one last glorious sunny day before a storm hits and we unofficially enter Rainforest winter. DH and I both love baked spaghetti, We haven’t been to today’s port, so I’ll visit vicariously through the posted pictures and stories.

Rizu the Squirrel appeared at the door yesterday! She’s been gone all summer and I’d come to accept that she’d probably scampered over the Rainbow Bridge. But yesterday she appeared in the garden and cautiously approached the door to see if the human with the walnuts still lived there. She isn’t quite prepared to take a nut from my hand yet, although she came within an inch of it. She hasn’t moved into the box around the patio post yet. I don’t know if she’s found a new winter home, or if it’s still too early for that.

I should get out and enjoy the sun while I can. 
Happy Tuesday, on or off a BHB!

2B3B09C2-B4E6-4A81-BB73-909D38EF784D.thumb.jpeg.7bc5ba31cf98ebbbbf80752f13ccc8d4.jpeg

I think it's an honor when animals return year after year to see us.  What a beautiful story.  Do you have any pictures?

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon everyone.....

With 2 adult sons at home, we don't usually have spaghetti left over to reheat as baked spaghetti, but it sounds good!

I'm not a very outgoing person, so friendships are hard to come by. We have made some great friends on cruises - in fact, we are cruising with a couple we met in 2009 on a Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam! We also cruised with them in the Caribbean, and since they live on the left coast and we're on the right, we have spent time with them touring around Seattle and Astoria, Oregon.  I'm also Facebook friends with two ladies from our last (Maasdam) Alaska cruise in 2019 - one lives in Kamloops and the other in Australia!

Haven't been to the port sadly.  I feel like we've done a lot of cruising, but many of them went back to places we had seen before (like 5 cruises to Alaska!).  Thanks to all for the photographs so I can see what we're missing.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and stays healthy.  Looking forward to meeting more new friends on a cruise!

Laura

That's pretty good for someone that is not outgoing.  

An interesting story, we got to know a couple on our Hawaii sailing a few years ago, so it was a long enough cruise, almost 3 weeks; we had coffee together and happy hour almost every day; but they dumped us at the end of the cruise when they found out that Dear Dad enjoyed a reality show that will remain nameless out of fear from further judgement 😁.  "we always wondered the type of people that would watch that" was their reply.  OUCH! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, atexsix,

Sorry it took so long to reply to you but I am still trying to figure the whole "reply" thing. we actually live in Sammamish. If I do not get back to you, do not fret. It may be that I have not seen your message yet. Look forward to meeting you on the Rotterdam. If you use "Rotterdam VII on You Tube" in your computer search, there are a number of videos available.

Jim

I think you have me mixed up with somebody else, we're not sailing on the Rotterdam VII.  We have no cruises booked atm because we're undecided if we're going to sail HAL again or a luxury line which we'll have the chance to try for the first time for the 2022 alaska season. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@1ANGELCAT glad you have a date,  hope all goes well! 

We’ve twice been to Norway but not that port. 

I enjoy all the people we’ve  met on cruises,  some are shipboard friendships but we have stayed in touch with a number and have even been fortunate enough to sail together again or meet up landside.  

A new friend😃

5AA13E11-2C56-465D-8DE6-EB3781D453A5.jpeg

Your new friend appears to be smiling at the camera!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

I'm sorry about the tech issues, they are so frustrating!  Also, I like the new avatar.  And finally, I stock up on everything I can these days; I go to the grocery store twice per week and each time I spend about $5-10 extra on non-perishable items, which I've always done going into winter anyway because we don't have anybody we can depend on if for whatever reason we couldn't get to a store. 

Thanks!   I thought it was time to have an avatar from the past 10 years.

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Say it isn’t so! 😳😄

I found plenty of wine at the grocery store today.  Fresh vegetables were in short supply, however.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

It is definitely CC.   What I don't understand is that this problem has existed since the beginning of September.  There is a thread on the Help forum from back then outlining the problems.  Why has it gone on so long.  And, now they are telling us to be patient.  Hello?  It is October 19th.  I think from early September to October 19th does demonstrate patience.  Now the ball is in CC's court.  

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thanks!   I thought it was time to have an avatar from the past 10 years.

I found plenty of wine at the grocery store today.  Fresh vegetables were in short supply, however.  

I should update mine too.  The current picture was a trip to Las Vegas over 5 years ago now.

• Like 5

Good Afternoon. Thanks for thhe daily and the care lists.

I love the quote. The collection of days is wonderful. We shhould constantly be evaluating our lives, especially in times like these where there is so much constant change. We must do more - a lot more- to protect the rain forests.

I am a pasta lover including various baked pastas.

I was in school today doing some substitute work.The kids tend to keep me on my toes.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 17

Our sailing is delayed and it sounds like someone hasn’t made it back to ship. It’s been 40 minutes now and the Captain wanted to go as soon as the oiler left. I’m on starboard and we are docked port side with Carnival Horizon behind us. So I can’t see if gang plank is still down.

If it was a person late I hope they are on board as thrusters are on and we are moving!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  It looks like CC likes me at the moment.  Yesterday we booked the Dawn for December and I’d like to use CC to gather more insight but it’s been a challenge.  @dfishthe meal looks good.  Tonight I’m using up some cabbage and trying a new recipe to make it as a side dish.  Work has been very busy all with odd things.  That does keep the day interesting.  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  It looks like CC likes me at the moment.  Yesterday we booked the Dawn for December and I’d like to use CC to gather more insight but it’s been a challenge.  @dfishthe meal looks good.  Tonight I’m using up some cabbage and trying a new recipe to make it as a side dish.  Work has been very busy all with odd things.  That does keep the day interesting.  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

CC has started liking me as well.  Perhaps the purchase of the blue tooth keyboard for the Kindle was a good one after all.  I also noticed that gas was down 4 cents when I came home from the pool this morning.   Then the next gas station was 20 cents lower.  All because I filled up the car yesterday.

• Like 6
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, dfish said:

It is definitely CC.   What I don't understand is that this problem has existed since the beginning of September.  There is a thread on the Help forum from back then outlining the problems.  Why has it gone on so long.  And, now they are telling us to be patient.  Hello?  It is October 19th.  I think from early September to October 19th does demonstrate patience.  Now the ball is in CC's court.  

I started having problems while onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam sailing August 28th. At first I thought it was due to the internet onboard but no, it’s wasn’t. One of the only ways I have been able to reply and/or post is by logging out just as soon as I finish reading. In other words, I can’t stay logged in all day like I used to. It’s really getting old. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I started having problems while onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam sailing August 28th. At first I thought it was due to the internet onboard but no, it’s wasn’t. One of the only ways I have been able to reply and/or post is by logging out just as soon as I finish reading. In other words, I can’t stay logged in all day like I used to. It’s really getting old. 

It seems to be working for me now.  I was hoping others would be having the same experience and that we were putting this episode behind  us.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dfish said:

It seems to be working for me now.  I was hoping others would be having the same experience and that we were putting this episode behind  us.  

I know as soon as I say this I will be jinxed but after three days of not using book marks and googling CC HAL ask a cruise question - it’s now working for me. 

Now, watch me say I have to use google tomorrow 🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dfish said:

CC has started liking me as well.  Perhaps the purchase of the blue tooth keyboard for the Kindle was a good one after all.  I also noticed that gas was down 4 cents when I came home from the pool this morning.   Then the next gas station was 20 cents lower.  All because I filled up the car yesterday.

I did too, I'll have to notice if ours prices start dropping, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. We should evaluate our lives frequently. I've made new friends here on the Daily! Rainforests are so important and need to be protected. Great quote.

I like spaghetti, but avoiding too many carbs these days. I will pass on the drink, but the wine sounds good.

I haven't been to today's port. 

Really late today. It was 39 this morning (!), but warmed up nicely. I don't know if it's the full moon, but every major highway here had bad traffic crashes. The one near me had an overturned 18-wheeler and the road was closed for 4 hours. Another one involved an ambulance, with a patient in the back. Fortunately my eye appointment was in the afternoon. I popped into the grocery store on the way home for a few things, and for the first time ever the shelves looked not so well stocked.

A sad event here. A man went home from work last week when he had a positive Covid test. His employer couldn't reach him a few days later. Police did a wellness check, then EMT's went in. The man and his 84 year old father were found dead. The elderly mother was alive but had pneumonia and sepsis. All 3 tested positive for Covid.

@1ANGELCAT Glad there's a plan and that you liked the doctor. Continued prayers.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. 

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

I know as soon as I say this I will be jinxed but after three days of not using book marks and googling CC HAL ask a cruise question - it’s now working for me. 

Now, watch me say I have to use google tomorrow 🤣

Ok, that is three of us.  You, me, and Crazy for Cats report that CC is working better.  I've been able to operate as normal this afternoon.  I've stayed logged in all afternoon and I can like posts and respond.  Please stay that way!!

@1ANGELCAT I'm glad you have trust in your doctor and things are moving quickly.  You are right, it is not knowing that is the worst part.  Once you get a definitive diagnosis, you have a course you can chart.  Keeping you close!

@JazzyV That was a sad story.  That poor family.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. We should evaluate our lives frequently. I've made new friends here on the Daily! Rainforests are so important and need to be protected. Great quote.

I like spaghetti, but avoiding too many carbs these days. I will pass on the drink, but the wine sounds good.

I haven't been to today's port. 

Really late today. It was 39 this morning (!), but warmed up nicely. I don't know if it's the full moon, but every major highway here had bad traffic crashes. The one near me had an overturned 18-wheeler and the road was closed for 4 hours. Another one involved an ambulance, with a patient in the back. Fortunately my eye appointment was in the afternoon. I popped into the grocery store on the way home for a few things, and for the first time ever the shelves looked not so well stocked.

A sad event here. A man went home from work last week when he had a positive Covid test. His employer couldn't reach him a few days later. Police did a wellness check, then EMT's went in. The man and his 84 year old father were found dead. The elderly mother was alive but had pneumonia and sepsis. All 3 tested positive for Covid.

@1ANGELCAT Glad there's a plan and that you liked the doctor. Continued prayers.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. 

That is truly a sad story about the family with Covid.  I hope the elderly mother makes it, but she has a lot going against her.🙏

• Like 9