The Daily for Tuesday October 19, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone.I have been evaluating my life for the past 5 months now.I am thankful for all that is good and praying to be able to return to life as I knew it before the pandemic and before Sam got sick.

Thank you to everyone who responded to me yesterday. I really appreciate it.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 29

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Great collection of days again.  I know many of us have been re-evaluating our lives over the last year and a half.  No new friends but I am taking off in a few minutes to have tea with my BFF in the park (if it is warm enough).  Rainforest are so precious and need to be protected every day.

Love that quote.  It is so true.

Got up very early to take care of the dogs and took off for Costco to catch the senior’s hour & spend a hefty amount of money 😉 , pick up dog food (only one bag available 😡) and my bulb dust which I didn’t realize I was out of until yesterday.

Yum on the wine and looking forward to pics of Norway - we won’t be there until next year.  🤞 

Quick post as I just got back and got everything away and heading out again.  I’ll be back later to catch up.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Stay safe & please don’t forget your mask

• Like 30

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Our concierge has his fingers crossed that they can find a part for the broken coffee machine in Neptune otherwise it’s kaput until Port Everglades. The substitute coffee machine produces but is work extensive for staff.

Yikes 😱 I sure hope they can find that part.  That coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge is invaluable 🤞 

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon from the Eurodam.  We are having a good time.  First Gala Night of the second cruise tonight.  We will be dining with J&J, Jacqui’s (and our) friends.  

Have a great dinner with J & J 🙂 I am sure you will 😉  And by all means, please have a glass for me.  I’ll be toasting you 4 tonight 🥂 

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  When evaluating my life, I realize I've lived a good one, but there's much more to look forward to as well.  I love making new friends, and we usually do make some on every cruise.  Rainforests are essential to the planet; I wish some of the billionaires would put their excess resources into saving them, rather than looking at making more money with stratospheric tourism.

Looking at FB memories today, 4 years ago we were in Nafplion, Greece where we took the tour to the Corinth Canal . . . . quite amazing.  And, 11 years ago on this day we were in Varna Bulgaria.  This year we're at home.   Sigh.

It's a frosty morning out there -8C (17F), and I can see the neighbour scraping the frost from his windshield as he warms up the car to go to work.  The only thing we have to do today is wrap our fountain - I like to keep it covered during the winter, as it keeps it clean when we want to start it up the next season.  After that, it might be time to spend a couple of hours on the deck in the sunshine with a good book.

Did somebody say there's a wine shortage!?!?  I'd better head out and get stocked up on the Cardboardeaux before the crowds hit the liquor stores!  There will be mayhem, just like the toilet paper shortage!  LOL

We both enjoy baked spaghetti - in fact I made it when we were with our family last week.  As @Heartgrovesaid, it does taste better the next day, but only if there are leftovers!  It's cool enough that I think baked spaghetti might be a good fit for us today - I'll fry up some ground beef to add to the sauce and pop it in the oven.  Served with a side salad, it will make a nice dinner for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. Today I wore a puffy jacket as it was only 42 and breezy during the morning  dog walk. My fellow pedestrians  looked the same.The heat was on overnight.Oh my.Fall has arrived.

I join the  others here who have been evaluating  their lives during this time. I think it has made me realize that each day is a gift.I knew that before but feel much more focused now.

@dfish,I will make the recipe  tonight as I am back to cooking for 6.If I leave out the sausage it will make everyone happy.Thank you!

We have not been to the port and look forward  to the pictures. 

Terry

• Like 25

Good morning and thanks for the update.

I’m back from the dr appointment and he agreed with doing the ultrasound biopsy. Scheduled for next Monday at 1pm. ( was asked what time I preferred, I said morning, then was told they only do it at 1pm😀). Anyway, I liked the doctor, it’s a start🙏
        Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️

• Like 26

20 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy, @Seasick Sailor, I’m not sure if you saw the pictures I posted of the cabins you are looking at for your Rotterdam cruise. I don’t have the link but it’s post #52 on Friday’s Daily. I can repost them if you can’t find them. 

I'll go look right now. Thanks Sharon!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’m back from the dr appointment and he agreed with doing the ultrasound biopsy. Scheduled for next Monday at 1pm. ( was asked what time I preferred, I said morning, then was told they only do it at 1pm😀). Anyway, I liked the doctor, it’s a start🙏

Now you've got a plan!  Prayers continue for you.🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy, @Seasick Sailor, I’m not sure if you saw the pictures I posted of the cabins you are looking at for your Rotterdam cruise. I don’t have the link but it’s post #52 on Friday’s Daily. I can repost them if you can’t find them. 

Oh how did I miss that! I went back and looked. Thank you for doing that. I hope our cabin isn't too noisy!

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Glad to hear you like the doctor and at least now you know.  Good luck with Monday.  Prayers continue for you 🙏🏻 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Prayers coming your way. All will be well. God bless you!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, I picked up my prescriptions and man did I learn a lesson on wearing large bags, leave them at home, and only run errands with a wallet or wristlet, but it was a good test for days I have a lot more to do, there's no reason to have so much junk with me.  

It's a beautiful sunny morning, but rain is supposed to move in late tonight and that's going to be our reality for the next 5 days at least.  The temps will also drop a bit, thankfully, the leaves have changed colors but few of them have fallen off the trees, and that's my favorite aspect of autumn.  

Thoughts and prayers to everybody that needs them! 

New friends are not easy to come by nowadays, there's so much going on in the world demanding our attention.  On ships I make friends easily because I'm outgoing, but I exchange email with people, write a few times, then it fizzles.  Roll calls in particular have been a source of frustration my last few cruises, we have our M/G and then everybody goes their separate ways, not even a lunch together... they just seem entirely pointless, but maybe I expect too much from them.  Well, there's always the daily to look forward to!  But shout out to Carol in White Rock, a roll callee that has become a great friend for 2 years now, so it does happen, just not as often as I'd like. 

Have a great Tuesday everybody!

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 21

🤪Well, I tried my tablet to log on to CC--no luck--then cell phone-same and now my laptop is the only place I can "get into" CC. I do clear cookies and do the whole device care and Norton Clean. (????) 

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists!

🙏Prayers to all in need. 

Katie

FB_IMG_1634568505321.jpg

FB_IMG_1634656329844.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 7

Good morning from sunny Quartzsite.  It was 55F this morning, but is supposed to be 77F later.

Evaluate your life day probably was everyday since Covid-19 reared it's ugly head and upset the world's equilibrium.  I too like making new friends, and have found many on the Daily.  Rainforests are vital to the earth's ecology and should be preserved.

I like Thomas Sowell's quote.

The meal sounds good as does the wine.  Wondering about the drink as I've never heard of it.

We have not be to Skjolden, Norway, so will enjoy any pictures that are shared.

@St. Louis Sal  Hope you hear something today from your friend.  Sending good thoughts that he is doing all right.  

@dfish and @St. Louis Sal  I agree that when I miss a day on the Daily or CC is acting up, it seems like something is missing.

@1ANGELCAT  So glad you like the doctor and now have an appointment for the biopsy.  Sending good thoughts for the best possible outcome.

Now, it's time to get back to unloading the motorhome.  If I keep at it, I should be finished today and hopefully this morning.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

A quick good morning to everyone!  I have a covid test scheduled this morning for my Houston trip. I wasn’t able to get a rapid test so am having a PCR done. One of the ladies has had to cancel at the last minute after coming down with covid so it was recommended that we all get tested. 

We had spaghetti last night so I might make baked spaghetti with the leftovers. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

Good morning (just).  Great group of days.  Our life is good, no new friends yet, and The Rainforest's are so important and are going away quickly.  Great quote by Sowell.  Love todays meal, have it quite often.  Have not been to today's port, will read back to see the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

1 oz of Brandy
3/4 oz of Herbal Liqueur
1/2 oz of Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz of Orange Juice
1/2 oz of Dubonnet Rouge

Combine with ice, shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.53.29 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh how did I miss that! I went back and looked. Thank you for doing that. I hope our cabin isn't too noisy!

No problem!  You really do have to stand and lean into the Lido windows to look down on those cabins. Also, those areas in the Lido are carpeted so that should help with the noise. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone.I have been evaluating my life for the past 5 months now.I am thankful for all that is good and praying to be able to return to life as I knew it before the pandemic and before Sam got sick.

Thank you to everyone who responded to me yesterday. I really appreciate it.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Your welcome.  It's nice we can all be here for each other.  

• Like 7

A few days ago I mentioned that the CC gremlins were not affecting my desktop.  I spoke too early; haven't been able to post for the past 3 or 4 days.  Another problem it caused is that when I tried to access my roll call on the Westerdam it stated that there was no such sailing.  So I tried deleting my recent browser history and it worked.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

I see the CC gremlins live on.  I was sure that an expenditure of money would take care of that!  Well, at least the bluetooth keyboard works well and it was reasonable in price.  Now I need a bluetooth mouse to go along with it.

I think COVID has made most of us re-evaluate life.   With the exception of not being able to see family for long stretches of time, I am happy in this life.  It has given me all I need and a lot of extras.  The fact that I hang out on a cruise forum speaks to the extras.  

As @St. Louis Salsaid, I have made many new friends here on the CC Daily.  That is why the CC gremlin is such an annoyance.   I feel cut off from my friends and family!!

Ok, baked spaghetti.   I used to make this all the time.  It was easy and good.  Now that I have to watch the carbs, I don't make it anymore.  

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/baked-spaghetti-casserole/

SpendWithPennies-Baked-Spaghetti-22.thumb.jpg.9728c8d115a99114efdd091e2f30c494.jpg

This next one takes it to a higher level.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/baked_spaghetti/

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2013__04__baked-spaghetti-horiz-1600-ad691aaf89a04285b2a1205c9ac90cf0.webp.d3ad6a665f4b33caa4b78f3e6895e9eb.webp

Prayers for those in need and a toast to those who are celebrating.   Oh, my gosh, that reminds me of something.   Have you heard of the wine shortage?   I immediately thought of my Daily friends and family.   

https://fox8.com/news/wine-shortage-could-result-from-supply-chain-issue/

Stock up!

I'm sorry about the tech issues, they are so frustrating!  Also, I like the new avatar.  And finally, I stock up on everything I can these days; I go to the grocery store twice per week and each time I spend about $5-10 extra on non-perishable items, which I've always done going into winter anyway because we don't have anybody we can depend on if for whatever reason we couldn't get to a store. 

• Like 11

Hi, atexsix,

Sorry it took so long to reply to you but I am still trying to figure the whole "reply" thing. we actually live in Sammamish. If I do not get back to you, do not fret. It may be that I have not seen your message yet. Look forward to meeting you on the Rotterdam. If you use "Rotterdam VII on You Tube" in your computer search, there are a number of videos available.

Jim

• Like 9