Royal Caribbean World Cruise

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Would love to do it but 9 months away would be too long away from my family

I think if the sales are good it maybe a regular thing.
I’m interested in  the Middle East segment but the segments aren’t for sale at the moment.

Im thinking it’s to replace Azamara.

All inclusive expedition cruises ,they can get rid of the smaller ships and concentrate on the mega ships.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Balcony cabin twin share with all the extras (drinks,etc,) would be around $400 /night /person , not great but not bad either.

Yes agree, don't think the pricing is too bad for what's included & I suggest a balcony is a must. I guess for most though it would be a 'sell the house & buy a smaller one when we get back' or a lease the house out for a year proposition.

Nice to dream, but it wouldn't work for us.

12 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes agree, don't think the pricing is too bad for what's included & I suggest a balcony is a must. I guess for most though it would be a 'sell the house & buy a smaller one when we get back' or a lease the house out for a year proposition.

Nice to dream, but it wouldn't work for us.

It eats up a considerable amount of retirement savings, but realisticly it is the time away from family, the ageing parents, the kids and grandkids, that is the issue.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It eats up a considerable amount of retirement savings, but realisticly it is the time away from family, the ageing parents, the kids and grandkids, that is the issue.

Yes all important considerations also, although we don't have any grandkids as yet 😞 

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Balcony cabin twin share with all the extras (drinks,etc,) would be around $400 /night /person , not great but not bad either.

Similar pricing to the Princess world cruise with Plus package.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think if the sales are good it maybe a regular thing.
I’m interested in  the Middle East segment but the segments aren’t for sale at the moment.

Im thinking it’s to replace Azamara.

All inclusive expedition cruises ,they can get rid of the smaller ships and concentrate on the mega ships.

You think they’ll sell off Azamara? Or change Azamara to expedition cruises?

30 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Oh I didn’t know that.

In January 2021, Royal Caribbean announced that it would sell Azamara to Sycamore Partners in the first quarter of 2021. The sale was completed in March 2021. 

The acquisition of another ship, the Pacific Princess, a sister ship to the other ships in the fleet, was also announced. It was handed over in March 2021 and initially renamed P Prince. In future it will be called Azamara Onward.

• Like 1

Hi

We are  booked on Azamara and we keep our Diamond from RCL.   

which is good….like the bag of washing and the last time they even ironed the stuff..,now that is a plus.

got some free wifi .

all good.

eileen

Yes all the Suites, including all the Junior Suites, are now sold out for the whole world cruise!  Some people clearly have A LOT of money and time!

It will be interesting to see if the whole ship sells out for the world cruise and hence there is no space to sell the separate four segments.  However personally I think that having a balcony would be a minimum requirement if doing a world cruise as how awful to cruise that long without being able to have fresh air in your cabin. So I suspect there will still be the Inside Cabins and probably the Oceanview cabins for sale for the separate four sectors. 

If I won Lotto, I'd love to do that world itinerary as it looks amazing. However, in reality, even if I could afford it, it's probably too long to be away from normal life and so, I'd need to hope they did this cruise every year and I could do one segment each year. A girl can dream... 

From the 1st Azamara Onward 17 nights fly/stay/cruise Venice & Rome. 11 nt cruise Venice, Ravenna, Kotor, Amalfi, Sorrento, Florence/Pisa. Rome. 7/10/22. $5699. 

Also Caribbean 17 nts 28/11/22 $4999 28/11/22

Greece Israel Egypt 17 nts $5799 24/01/23

Italy Egypot Israel Greece 21 nts 13/09/22 $6999.

Those prices, which include return flights from Oz and usual inclusions, seem to have put Azamara almost in the Bargain Basement.

• Like 1

Royal have said that the Ultimate World Cruise full voyage was 70% sold in the first week open for sale.  The Royal Suite gone at USD 760,000.00 and the average balcony at USD 75,000.00 all on nonrefundable deposits.  Good on them.  Can’t see the sectors becoming available any time soon.  And we can’t even do a cruise to nowhere!

46 minutes ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Royal have said that the Ultimate World Cruise full voyage was 70% sold in the first week open for sale.  The Royal Suite gone at USD 760,000.00 and the average balcony at USD 75,000.00 all on nonrefundable deposits.  Good on them.  Can’t see the sectors becoming available any time soon.  And we can’t even do a cruise to nowhere!

Geez, some people must have plenty of money.

One negative is lack of laundry, on a cruise that long sending the essentials out would really add up. Plus I’m not a fan of the harsh detergents, even for one month I want to be able to do a goulet of loads of socks and jocks,

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

One negative is lack of laundry, on a cruise that long sending the essentials out would really add up. Plus I’m not a fan of the harsh detergents, even for one month I want to be able to do a goulet of loads of socks and jocks,

I’m pretty sure laundry was included.

The only thing not included was specialty dining.

Booze,shore tours,Internet,land accommodation and business air fare,all inclusive.

Seeing it’s a success,they may do another.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

That is where being Elite on Princess is good, complimentary laundry, chuck a bag in every 3 days and you don't have to take so much clobber.  But on the Princess Worldies there are very many Elites and so the laundry is very busy you might wait 4 days for your stuff to come back.  They should restrict Elites free laundry to two bags a week, to be fair.  But you get those who stuff it for others.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is where being Elite on Princess is good, complimentary laundry, chuck a bag in every 3 days and you don't have to take so much clobber.  But on the Princess Worldies there are very many Elites and so the laundry is very busy you might wait 4 days for your stuff to come back.  They should restrict Elites free laundry to two bags a week, to be fair.  But you get those who stuff it for others.

Not only limit it to two bags a week but on specific days so it spreads the load. If they did that they might be able to do a faster turnaround on the laundry. 

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Les I’ve heard that some elites change their clothes 3 times a day and send a bag out every night

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Les I’ve heard that some elites change their clothes 3 times a day and send a bag out every night

We sometimes change four times a day 😁

- Exercisewear for walking round the promenade deck (on ships that still have one)

- Casual wear 

- Swimwear

- Smart casual or formal for the evenings

But we only send laundry out every few days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rkmw said:

I would believe, some people are just greedy and because it is free they cannot help themselves.  I saw a bloke at the Elite lounge Happy hour one day take half the prawns off the prawn tower and attempt to take it out to the door, probably to his cabin. Steward at the door stopped him and a fracas ensured. The pax stormed off without his prawns, irriot.

Edited by NSWP

My God ,Princess cruises.

I think when Scottie is kicked out he will become one.

Changing his double breasted suite 7 times a day and waffling on in the Elite lounge.

Give me the Crown & Anchor  happy hour. Shorts and thongs and a gin martini you can blow a stump out with.