what will Royal do about Bahamas

If the Bahamas which includes Coco Cay will not let Royal dock with unvacinated guests and Florida says they cannot require that what will happen?  Will Royal just ignore Florida?  Will they change ports?  I cannot imagine they would not want to go to Coco Cay.  Guess they could change where they go from.  

Why do you think things will suddenly change? They are currently going to the bahamas ..including coco cay. 

No idea why you think things will change? ... just out of the blue you think they will stop for no particular new reason? Same old going on that I know of... 

Is there a new trigger?  Sorry, cant figure out why you think things would change. 

• Like 4

I just received an itinerary update from my TA today regarding my December 24 Anthem cruise.  No mention of cancelling Nassau, yet.

Embarking later and adjusted times at Port Canaveral.  

itinerary.PNG.f3c454cc9db8ce18a1023c6af91f1e32.PNG

Nassau after sundown... only aboard the ship.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cindyscruise said:

The reason I asked is that I read that Bahamas will no longer allow ships with unvacinnated to enter their ports.

And we just had a Nassau port cancelled along with Saint Thomas for a cruise that sails in about two weeks - new ports are st. Kitts and  PR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

in my local newspaper

7 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

I wasn't trying to stir anything up.  I was just curious if it would impact cruises to the bahamas.

I think your local newspaper misinterpreted something...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

The reason I asked is that I read that Bahamas will no longer allow ships with unvacinnated to enter their ports.

This is old news. The Bahamas implemented this rule beginning September 3rd. Ships are still going there. That’s why RCI requires everyone 12 and older to be vaccinated on cruise ships going to the Bahamas. We have already been to the Bahamas twice since this rule was implemented. 

• Like 4

The Bahamas emergency order was for the period Sept. 3 to Nov. 1.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TPpWUWpAysqj9bsPdq0j9y3n9FpVrhHM/view

So far they have not extended the time period.

All of the Emergency Powers orders are listed here:

https://www.bahamascustoms.gov.bs/covid-19-emergency-orders-and-powers-2020/

The last order went out Sept. 24 unrelated to cruise ships.

The Florida thing is not over yet.  Royal was listed as a company being reviewed to determine if they violated Florida law.  Florida cited their first violators in the past few weeks.  Time will tell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

And we just had a Nassau port cancelled along with Saint Thomas for a cruise that sails in about two weeks - new ports are st. Kitts and  PR.

Another thread is discussing the reason for a lot of sailings having nassau port cancelled is due to construction and limited docking during the construction period.

• Like 3

When did the news start publishing actual news?   Where was the poster for the last couple of months?   This simple.  The cruise lines, ask for a vaccine info, or Test or any passport, based on the requirements of the country they are going to, which is exactly the same for the airlines.  You can't get on an airline without showing a passport or vaccine card if required or a covid test if required by the country they are landing in.  If the country bans all unvaccinated kids, then guess what?  The cruise line will follow.  Florida law does not control, Bahamas law or any other country.  So if the ship goes to Mexico, and Mexico does not require a vaccine, than the cruise ship can't ask for it.  But the ship is going to the Bahamas, and the Bahamas requires it.....you see the process?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another thread is discussing the reason for a lot of sailings having nassau port cancelled is due to construction and limited docking during the construction period.

Yes, a big construction project going on.  Sailed on Oasis Sept. 5th and ship was fully vaxxed other than teens as the vaccine was not readily available at that time.  No cancellation due to the Bahamas vax requirement.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The port is under construction, and during periods of time, certain sections may have to be shut down, reducing the number of berths.  When I was there, only 4 were open.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Cool. But hoping to locate activities for St. Kitts (which is why I headed here 👍🏼)

The Florida/Bahamas issue hasn’t gone away. Florida has not agreed that its ok for ships going to places that require vaxxed passengers to require passengers to be vaxxed. (editors note - gotta be a better way to word that last sentence.)

The cruise lines are acting like the law doesn’t apply. These are uncharted waters. If Florida wants to raise a stick, expect some long and nasty court cases. 

Edited by zekekelso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, booplesnoople said:

Was just there with Mariner and there was only us and an MSC ship in port, can confirm. Tons of construction going on.

With the current configuration, they can accommodate at least three ships on most days - three are due there today.

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

There’s a fun beach bar called Shipwreck that we’ve been to several times. It’s a well-known landmark and on a great long stretch of beautiful beach.  

• Like 1