Not many CVS rapid anti-gen test site?

aprilsp88

Hi,

I found no CVS or walgreen location that will perform rapid anti-gen test in San Pedro. Actually, several locations are listed but no appointment on any date. What's going on with these locations? Do they actually offer rapid test? Or did I search wrong?

Thanks,

April

I asked about this at my local Walgreens in the San Francisco Bay Area and they told me they did not do any rapid tests in California which was why when I searched on their website they only gave me locations in Washington, Oregon and Nevada. I have been able to find some available appointments at ONE CVS in my area, then the next CVS doing the rapid test is 30 miles away in San Francisco, so that seems really limited but at least those are available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The nearest to us CVS offering rapid testing is about an hour and a half away. We have the monitored BinaxNow tests as backup and are looking at a couple of locations nearer to us that do rapid testing. Unfortunately, those locations only schedule out two days in one case and three in another. 

It seems CVS are waiting for antigen test kits. No appointments anywhere in OC when my brother was trying to book an appointment a few weeks ago. He ended up using Hoag

https://orangecountycovidclinic.com/ 

you can also search for local labs near you by using state search

https://covid19.ca.gov/get-tested/#how-to-get-tested

I would also try Long Beach city website. 

Walgreen has 1 location in OC that does rapid NAAT test but virtually impossible to get an appointment. 

Lastly buy test kits from Optum/ Emed on line. My cruise is not until next year I’m waiting for a longer expiration dates to purchase. 

good luck

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

I found no CVS or walgreen location that will perform rapid anti-gen test in San Pedro. Actually, several locations are listed but no appointment on any date. What's going on with these locations? Do they actually offer rapid test? Or did I search wrong?

Thanks,

April

I sent an email to Princess complaining that their website says that they have partnered with CVS, Walgreens for pre board testing - but you can not get the results back in time to board (in most cases they say 1 - 4 days to get results.

I received a phone call back from Princess (they left a message, I was not home) and said we could order a test online and do the test via phone.  Obviously they didn't want to address the fact that CVS and Walgreens "their partners" do not provide turn around results in time.  So now we have to pay to order test and hope the test that you receive in the mail will work - lot of people complaning that the test kit is defective.

Fortunately, a fellow cc responded with a location near us (Hoag Hospital in Irvine) that we made an appt with and will get results within 4 hours.

• Like 1

Were they manned?

Did they have a phone on the outside to make an appointment (lol)?

Did they have a take a number stand?

I have gone to several CVS's booths...no long lines.  That's because no one can get an appointment. 

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

I sent an email to Princess complaining that their website says that they have partnered with CVS, Walgreens for pre board testing - but you can not get the results back in time to board (in most cases they say 1 - 4 days to get results.

I received a phone call back from Princess (they left a message, I was not home) and said we could order a test online and do the test via phone.  Obviously they didn't want to address the fact that CVS and Walgreens "their partners" do not provide turn around results in time.  So now we have to pay to order test and hope the test that you receive in the mail will work - lot of people complaning that the test kit is defective.

Fortunately, a fellow cc responded with a location near us (Hoag Hospital in Irvine) that we made an appt with and will get results within 4 hours.

Their site actually says they have PARTNERED with Quest diagnostics; it just lists CVS and Walgreens as being some of the pharmacies that you can go to:

For U.S. guests, Princess has partnered with Quest Diagnostics to provide scheduling to no-cost* COVID-19 test appointments, with test results delivered within 48 hours after taking your test. Find a testing location near you.

You can also contact your nearest health center, pharmacy (including CVS and Walgreens), state health department, or transiting airport to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing.

10 hours ago, USC Sailor said:

I asked about this at my local Walgreens in the San Francisco Bay Area and they told me they did not do any rapid tests in California which was why when I searched on their website they only gave me locations in Washington, Oregon and Nevada. I have been able to find some available appointments at ONE CVS in my area, then the next CVS doing the rapid test is 30 miles away in San Francisco, so that seems really limited but at least those are available.

I have a Rapid Covid test scheduled for next Friday at 

Community Site CVS 10189 - Sutter St Lane 2, 1285A SUTTER ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109. 

It’s in the building where the old CVS Pharmacy was located. 

I visited them & was told that I will have the results back in 45 minutes. 

Just visit the CVS web site & make your reservation. 

Tom😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Their site actually says they have PARTNERED with Quest diagnostics; it just lists CVS and Walgreens as being some of the pharmacies that you can go to:

For U.S. guests, Princess has partnered with Quest Diagnostics to provide scheduling to no-cost* COVID-19 test appointments, with test results delivered within 48 hours after taking your test. Find a testing location near you.

You can also contact your nearest health center, pharmacy (including CVS and Walgreens), state health department, or transiting airport to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing.

if you go to Quest for appointment it states 1 - 4 days for results

15 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

if you go to Quest for appointment it states 1 - 4 days for results

Okay, but your original statement was that Princess had partnered with CVS and Walgreens; they have not.

I sent an email to Princess complaining that their website says that they have partnered with CVS, Walgreens for pre board testing - but you can not get the results back in time to board (in most cases they say 1 - 4 days to get results.

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I have a Rapid Covid test scheduled for next Friday at 

Community Site CVS 10189 - Sutter St Lane 2, 1285A SUTTER ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109. 

It’s in the building where the old CVS Pharmacy was located. 

I visited them & was told that I will have the results back in 45 minutes. 

Just visit the CVS web site & make your reservation. 

Tom😀

Thank you Tom!  We will hopefully be using this information in January 2022!  Thank you!!

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We just made appointments at a local CVS (Agoura Hills) for Nov 4th.  They had many time slots...

Thanks for that info!  Hopefully they will still be offering the test on December 27th! 

• Like 1

I cannot find a CVS with the rapid antigen test within 100 miles of home.  For Walgreens I would have to go to Washington state.  Hoping testing will not be required for my next cruises in late March and April but if it is guess it will be a home test with proctor or pay out the $150 at the pier

14 hours ago, USC Sailor said:

@USC SailorAre you referring to the Walnut creek location? The only 2 locations I found are SF and Walnut creek. Thanks for the info.

April

• Like 1

CVS had stopped doing appts. for rapid test in San Diego area. Then one evening I checked about 1 1/2 weeks ago and was able to get appt.  and had a choice from  several locations. Picked the one near my home.Reason for not doing the tests was they didn't have the rapid tests . Apparently here in San Diego  they got a fresh supply. We successfully had our test yesterday, were negative and we cruise tomorrow. This testing has really put a lot of stress planning our cruises. The worry is being able to get the test and not have to pay an enormous amount for it. CVS was free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BabsinTX said:

We're sailing out of Florida on 11/6.  I've assumed that the local CVS's, etc. will booked like crazy.  So we'll try in Georgia  before heading down to Fort Lauderdale.

Are you driving? If so, you could probably find one close to the interstate ahead of time and then just get an appointment time to get there when you need to. We did that when we needed one in Houston before a flight to Rome for our cruise.

• Like 1